• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

can we have a thanks/thanked option?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think many would have to reward a interesting post or pic by clicking a thanks option. It's useful when you doesn't really have anything to say but just like to thank to appreciate that post.

There are many posts that I like, would like to thank but just don't think they are that excellent that I must add to the user points/powers. anyway how many times do you want to add to a user reputation but thanks can be given out more freely.

thanks options are instant, convenient and reward consistent good contributors.

I don't know if this board allow the thanks option but please consider the idea if possible.

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
unemployed parasite old fart faggot fake monk PAP dog Bob Sim Kheng Hwee,

temple thief, swindler, fraudster, cheat, con-artist, liar, hypocrite, deceiver, all rolled into one!

you throw urself down from your 9th storey shit hole your gay pals will offer you 3,000 joss sticks and incense everyday.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
that's a weak dig at me. you know what I'm talking about.

The "thanks" feature is not standard in vbulletin. It's a Hack from vbulletin.org.

I am very reluctant to install hacks as the queries added to the MySQL database can cause all sorts of problems which can be hard to pin down.

If you want to thank someone, you can do so by replying and saying "thanks" or you can do it privately via the reputation system remarks feature.