• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

USA Not In Economic Free Fall Failed State Impossible, Sorry Again Imperialarms

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like my Phantom 401K and American Property Bufoon Imperialarms is upset at my posting, I wonder why.....

Bond Market is at record high. Everyone in the World is pouring $$$$ into the USA

USA long term looking better and better.......

http://www.investors.com/editorial/IBDArticles.asp?artsec=31&issue=20090305

:biggrin:
BY REUTERS

Posted 3/5/2009

Treasuries rallied Thursday as stocks took another steep tumble and investors worried that an upcoming jobs report would show the worst employment declines in 60 years.

A warning from General Motors about potential bankruptcy renewed anxiety about risk, dragging major stock indexes down as much as 4%.

The ensuing safety bid helped push up the benchmark 10-year note, its yield easing to 2.83% from 2.98% late Wednesday. At the height of buying, the 30-year bond jumped three full points.

With economists polled by Reuters expecting Friday's labor market data to show a staggering 648,000 jobs were lost in February, everything seemed to be working in favor of Treasuries.

"People are fearful of that," said David Coard, head of fixed-income sales and trading at Williams Capital Group.

The rally came despite a looming mountain of supply that has pressured the market lately. Analysts expect about $2.5 trillion of U.S. government debt issuance to flow into the $6 trillion Treasury market this year.

The Treasury Department said it planned to sell $34 billion in three-year notes, $18 billion in reopened 10-year notes and $11 billion in reopened 30-year bonds next week.

The prospects for huge supply have not changed, but the underlying economic gloom appeared to dominate the market Thursday.

Weekly initial jobless claims slipped to 639,000 in the latest week, still a very high reading, and continuing claims remained near record highs, the Labor Department reported.

Atlanta Fed President Dennis Lockhart said Wednesday that he had a bad feeling about the February jobs report, which is due to be released Friday.

"I am apprehensive. I am preparing myself for a bad report," he told reporters after delivering a speech to the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce.

The White House said late Thursday that it did not expect "good news" to emerge from the figures.