• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Solve this recent crime

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
let's play detective to this sudden "suicide" of an indo student.

http://comment.straitstimes.com/showthread.php?t=17387&page=13

edwin2026

Today, 02:37 PM
I am one of David Hartanto's close friend and I am here to give you some facts, assumptions, possibilities about this case

Facts:

1. Lok Tat Seng: Dean of Student of NTU gathered all Indonesian students in
International Student Center on evening after incident and he just said there was witness on the spot who saw David's body lying on the ground, dead. Dean did not said that witness saw David jumped from balcony. And that is, according to him, all he has saw.

2. The only official statement from police is: David was found dead at
the crime scene, they did not mention whether he commited suicide.

The link: http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIM...20at NTU.pdf

They also just mention 'The professor was believed to be stabbed'. The police
did not say that 'the professor was stabbed'. Where this assumption come from? Why they did not say about it?

3. I and some Indonesian students gather tonight, 3 March 2009, at 8 pm,
at International Student Center and talked to David's parent.
They have seen his body. There was NO WOUND whatsoever on his wrists and police also has confirmed it. I assumed that his parent would not lie it means that all media news about
'David slashed his wrist' was FAKE.

4. The wounds found on David's body, according to his parents,
were on his head (It is assumed due to fall injury),
and slash wound on his neck. The wound on his neck is very suspicious, in
my opinion. How he received that wound?? Again, according to his parent,
police guessed that it may be happened when the bottom part of his head smashed the ground. In that case, his chin will have broken and it did not.
My question is: WHERE DOES THAT SLASH WOUND ON HIS NECK CAME FROM?

Assumptions:
1. David stabbed professor. How did you know? The crime scene is closed room, only David and that professor. No one see what has happened. Eye-witness only saw David run out from that room.

2. David commited suicide. How could someone who commited suicide drop himself into glassed roof, instead of directly drop himself to ground.

3. David slashed his wrist. I do not know where this news came from...

4. David's motivation.

4.1. He pissed off since his prof did not give satisfactory grade The grade has not been released and he even has not submitted the report. It is also NTu policy not to inform the student about the grade which they got
before release of the result.

4.2. He has mental problem

No record in Student Counselling Centre about his attendance. For bright student
as him, I did not believe that he did not attend counseling if he has some
problems. Also, he still brought bag with usual daily stuff, on incident day,
such as drink bottle, towel, etc. If David planned to kill someone why would
he prepare to bring such things. It is easier for him to just bring one knife
and stab his prof on spot.

4.3. He pissed off because his scholarship has been revoked
I knew David since I was his roommate for 2 consecutive years during Mathematical Olympiad training camp. He almost did not qualify for IMO, only managed to get at 14th rank from 15 people selected. He still joked and laughed to me at that time. He also did not get anything from IMO and still fine, not seemed depressed whatsoever, and according to his parents, he said 'At least, I managed to represent Indonesia at IMO' He also still play Hammerfall game in Facebook at 2 am on the incident day. My friend saw his Facebook account online. How come a murderer played game in the night before incident? If I was him, I will seriously think how would I prepare myself tomorrow

Possibilities:

1. Professor attacked David. I deduced this thing for several key points.
According to many reports, David's cloth was soaked on blood. If the blood is
the result from slashing his wrist, it should not soak his cloth since wrist is
far from body. If the wound is from neck, it is easier.

2. David tried to run from Professor. After he realized that he was attacked,
he resisted and run from that room, with wound on his neck.

3. David falled because of unconsciousness. He became panic and probably lose his common sense because of terrible bleeding, drop himself down into
glassed roof to escape from his Professor.

I am responsible for what I have written here, and contact me at
[email protected] if you need any clarification.

http://comment.straitstimes.com/showthread.php?t=17387&page=18

thinkaboutitagain
Today, 08:21 AM
FACTS :

1. the student's parents have declared to the indo medias that they
did not see any wrists wounds whatsoever on david's body, it was
basically a lie made by the singapore medias. They saw a stab wound
instead on david's neck

sources : http://newspaper.pikiran-rakyat.com/...etail&id=62511,
http://batampos.co.id/Utama/Utama/Ad...her_David.html,
http://www.detiknews.com/read/2009/0...di-leher-david,
http://www.sumeks.co.id/index.php?op...633&Ite mid=6,
http://www.radar-bogor.co.id/?ar_id=MjcwNjI=&click=MQ==,
http://www.banjarmasinpost.co.id/rea...a-luka-tusukan,
http://dunia.vivanews.com/news/read/...di_leher_david, and many more.

2. Prof. chan kap luk wasn't eager to speak out about david's attack

sources : http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne...04-126014.html,
http://www.divinediary.com/2009/03/q...david-widjaja/

3. the carotid artery in the human's neck comes in bigger size than the ulnar arteries in the human's wrists. bigger size = brings more blood.

source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carotid_artery

4. David's shirt, pants and body were covered in blood

source : http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?t=19752&page=2 (see
picture) I've seen a clearly better picture of it though, but they may
have removed it.

5. blood flows when a human is alive (david did not die instantly).

QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ASKED :

1. If the singapore media is biased about david who stabbed the prof,
why can't they be biased about the prof who stabbed david too?

2. Why wasn't professor chan eager to tell about his part of story and
bring out his part of justice (if there's any?)

3. David's body, clothes and pants were soaked with blood. his hand
palms were too (if you see the picture above properly), was he holding
his injured neck to stop the blood flowing? in anguish and pain he ran
from sixth floor down to fourth floor and fell to the ground. Dean of
NTU said no witness saw david jumped, all they knew was a dead body
found on the ground which left blood trail on the glass roof top.

4. If the blood on david's clothes & pants were not his, then whose
blood did it belong to? why would he soak the prof's blood on his
clothes and why did the prof let him do so?

IF I WERE TO BE THE ONE WHO INVESTIGATE :

I'd give a lab check of the blood trail in front of the prof's office
& door, whose blood does it belong to? the prof or david? (hopefully
they haven't cleaned it up)

BY THE END OF THE DAY

1. the singapore and indo medias are reporting 2 different stories.
the singapore medias have gone far and quick enough to report about
the motive of david attack which may be scholarship termination, while
the indo medias are still puzzled by the question "was david killed or
did he commit suicide?"

2. autopsy result will come out next month, court service 4 months from now.

3. let's not judge this problem based on nationality issue, it's
something more serious instead. the classic lecturer-student problem.
parents of ntu students and ntu student no matter what
race/nationality you are please do speak up for justice, don't wait
til it's too late to have you/your children as the victim/s next.

4. be sceptic to the media but think critically. no emotions involved.

5. God is with those that speak for justice, dead men do speak too.

6. more than 30.000 people viewed this thread. still counting and
spreading. the media is no longer powerful.

thinkaboutitagain
Today, 08:47 AM
and let's not be too quick to ask WHY david or the prof stab each
other, or what's the motive behind the stabbing. First thing to do is
to be clear of who stabs who first, and how did david die.

layperson
Today, 09:07 AM
just do not like what ST is trying to protray David as now..a trouble
youth that is addicted to a computer game suddenly....could anyone
from NTU give any clarification on this? Is it true that he shut
himself completely off?

For who stabbing who,,,that for the policeman to prove..what disturb
this layperson is how singapore media to painting the pic.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am responsible for what I have written here, and contact me at
[email protected] if you need any clarification.

david was very lucky to have kaminari who is brave and chilvarous enough to probe into his "suicide" and deeper aspect of this unfortunate and untimely death.

SALUTE TO YOU KAMINARI...whoever u are! i salute u!!:cool:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
when i read about this tragic news, i was quite puzzled. it was a misfortune and yet the SHIT TIMES and tv media reported more about the credentials of that professor involved.

very strange kind of leeporting. does it mean to provide an referral "alibi" - something like a "pre-protection shield" and enactment of a "good citizen kane" image prior to police investigation?:confused:

NEVER LOOK THINGS AT THE SURFACE. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW STRONG THE UNDER CURRENT IS SOMETIME.:p

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
5. God is with those that speak for justice, dead men do speak too.

how many here have the conscience for TRUTH, JUSTICE AND SIMPLE MORALS?

or maybe we should ask: DO WE REALLY HAVE GOD WITH US?? IN FAITH....AND IN TRUTH??:confused:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
before i m being SABOTAGED and BANNED again by the gang of nasty cowardly clones.....i hope the people involved, witnessed or know some other untold info or related to david could shed some light.

david was some parents' endeared son. as parents, we do not wish to raise our kid just to watch them painstaking committed suicide ...just like that, and it's all over.

LIFE ISN'T MEANT TO END LIKE THIS. LIVING LIFE IS MEANT TO BE LIVING HAPPILY AS LONG AS ONE CAN.

LIFE shouldn't be meant to end in such a way. feel the parents' pain and please stand out for them if there is a HIDDEN TRUTH somewhere in this unfortunate drama.:cool:

Black2545

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the Fu$@K… can you guys, please save a "co-pee" of the document before publish it online?
else late comer won't have a changes to read it.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
blackblacksheep1

Yesterday, 02:04 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i heard that the knife is found stabbed on the professor's back...there is only one knife thru out rite?
if thats the case how the student slit his wrists when he run away ?

the most the netizens share their view, the more intriguing this case becomes!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
more facts and observations....

Hopppion

Yesterday, 02:40 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ blackblacksheep1

Straight from google translator:

There are in fact not in the slice David Hand
News article from www.kompas.com, a well known newspaper in English, that states that the cause of David's dead is still a mystery and many people are doubting what was reported by the Singapore media.

Thursday, 5 March 2009 | 08:59 WIB
SINGAPORE, WEDNESDAY - The death of David Hartanto Widjaja (21) is still mysterious. Initially, the Indonesian students studying in Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, be it suicide after puncture pembimbingnya lecturers. Now, the news began to doubt that many parties.

Initial information is circulating through various mass media coverage of Singapore, both online and in print, said that Professor David puncture Kap Luk Chan (45) along with a kitchen knife 10 cm, and slice right wrist and a field of 4-storey building of the campus, on Monday ( 2 / 3) at 10:35.

After viewing the corpse David, both his parents, and Widjaja Hartanto Li Chai Kim, says there is no wound in the wrist David.

They were even taken aback, because it is wound in the neck pricker their second son is. No official explanation about the cause of the injury. In fact, appear that it is wild speculation Professor Chan who attacked David.

Professor Chan, who has left yesterday the National University Hospital, became the key witness in this case because he is the only person who together with David in the room when the work was bloody.

Until now, Singapore's police are still tracking what motive Prof David Chan attack so traumatic spine and hand. And still just allegations that David completed the task of finally being stress. Moreover, according to the daily Straits Times, David has just lost the school since 4 years ago. According to the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia (Indonesian embassy), David catastrophe investigation cases take 4-6 months.

Does not plunge

Speculation about David's death triggered the debate in the Straits Times website on Wednesday (3 / 3), titled Knife attack at NTU: Student Lost Study Award. In the comment column, a berinisial edwin2026 criticize coverage of Singapore that seems memojokkan David.

Man named Edwin Lesmana that include e-mail address and its ready to be responsible for any statement. He also said e-mail Tribun Batam, but refused to further explain its statement. Following comment on Edwin Straits Times.

"I was one of close friend David. I am here to give some facts and assumptions about this case. In fact, Lok Tat Seng, Dean of NTU, collects all the students from India in the International Student Center on the evening after the incident. He says there are only witness in a body to see David in the sprawling land, died. Dean said that the witness did not see David's balcony plunge.

The only official statement from the police, David was found dead. (According to the police, estimated David died at 10.45). They did not mention whether he was doing suicide.

They also only mentioned the 'professor is believed to be stabbed'. But it does not say that the 'professor who has been stabbed'. Where this assumption come from? Why do not they say about it?

I and some students gathered at the International Student Center at 8 pm after the incident and spoke to parents David. They claim to not see the wounds on the hands and circle the police have also confirmed the problem. Assumption I, David parents will not lie. Means that all the news media that David cut off hands is untrue.

According to her parents, have also injured in the head of David (it is assumed that injury from falling), and slice wounds on his neck. According to my opinion, injured his neck in very suspicious. How can he be hurt like that? Once again, according to parents David, the police suspect it's because his head injuries strike the ground during fall. If so, surely dagunya injured. The reality is not. My question, from which the original injury in his neck "?

David attacked

Following assumptions presented by Edwin. (1) David stabbed professor. How do you know? Crimes that occur in a closed room with only a professor, and David. No one shall see what happens. Witnesses only saw David walking out the room.

(2) When David was suicide, how can someone do that suicide can fall to the new glass roof fell to the ground, not directly sink to the ground. (3) David pergelangannya slice. I do not know where this story originated.

According to Edwin who had two years in one room with David, the information that David has the motivation because Prof. Chan gives a value that is not satisfactory because David has not submitted a report. Moreover, there are policies in the NTU not to inform the students about the value of their value before the exit.

"I suspect it is Prof. Chan who attacked David. There are several points about the reasons for me. First, according to various reports, filled with clothes David blood. If the circle of blood from his hands, he may not clean the blood in the hands of her wearing clothes. Can be more understandable if the injury was derived from his neck, "wrote Edwin.

Second, David tried to escape out of the room after the attack by professors. However, with a neck injury, he finally fell from the top balcony. Maybe he does not panic and realize after losing a lot of blood so that he fell, "Edwin pungkas. (Edy)

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bapok Pondan Jamie "gangbanged" leetahbar wants to play detective woh!
Already have problems finding his didi liow according to his sisters in Changi Village!LOL!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
LATEST SPECULATION FROM TNP

he was bewildered by nasty speculation over his character and sexual inclination in the aftermath of the stabbing attack by Indonesian student David Hartanto Widjaja, 21, who later fell to his death on that shocking March 2 morning.

Some others even went so far as to imply Mr Widjaja and Prof Chan had a homosexual relationship

there is definitely more story to what was reported as a murder-cum-suicide incident. it would anything but simple or what that meet the eye. let's continue playing CLUEDO....who did it? why?:cool:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prof Chan said he was bewildered by nasty speculation over his character and sexual inclination in the aftermath of the stabbing attack. --PHOTO: INTERNET

View more photos

The Nanyang Technological University professor who was stabbed by a final year student earlier this month has broken his silence to respond to vicious talk on the Internet.
In an exclusive interview with The New Paper, Associate Professor Chan Kap Lup, 45, who teaches in NTU's School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, said he was bewildered by nasty speculation over his character and sexual inclination in the aftermath of the stabbing attack by Indonesian student David Hartanto Widjaja, 21, who later fell to his death on that shocking March 2 morning.

Some netizens have suggested on sites such as SgForums.com that Prof Chan was attacked because he wanted to give the student a poor grade for his final year project. Some others even went so far as to imply Mr Widjaja and Prof Chan had a homosexual relationship, said the TNP report on Thursday.

Prof Chan, who is married with two young children, told TNP: 'My goodness, there's no such thing. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, because people can write whatever they want.

'I never read these Internet forums because the postings can't be taken seriously - anyone can write anything.'

Refuting allegations on the poor grading, Prof Chan, who was Mr Widjaja's project supervisor, said with a laugh, that his role was to help students do well.

'We are not to fail the students and that's why I'm laughing at the suggestion that I wanted to give David a poor grade. Ask any professor if they wish to help their students do well and their answers are the same.'

The don, who suffered injuries on his back and right hand, was discharged from the National University Hospital on March 4 and is on medical leave for a few weeks.

Prof Chan added that all students 'have the same experiences of meeting deadlines and coping with other modules', but would not say if Mr Widjaja was slack with his project. 'If David had any problems with his project, he certainly didn't tell me. It's very sad he ended up like that,' he said.

He declined to talk more about the stabbing, saying he had given a police statement.