• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Poor Imperialarms....UK is Bankrupt, Prints Money to Pay Pay for Debt, Worse than USA

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
That what happens to people like Imperialarms who thinks I have a 401K or American property, what a supreme idiot!

Poor Guy must be living in a cardboard box with no money dreaming of being in a superior country like the USA.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/mar/04/bank-of-england-quantitative-easing

Bank of England ready to pump money into UK economy

The Bank of England is expected to reduce interest rates to yet another record low tomorrow lunchtime; but with their rate-cutting ammunition all but exhausted, governor Mervyn King and his colleagues are expected to press the button on a much more drastic policy — quantitative easing, seen as the central bank move of last resort as no other foreign sources of debt purchasing is expected.

As the recession deepens, weakening wage growth, plunging oil prices and consumer demand are threatening to drag inflation well below the Bank's 2% target.

With interest rates already at a historic low of just 1%, the monetary policy committee (MPC), which started its two-day monthly meeting this morning, believes further cuts will not be enough to kick-start the economy.

Alistair Darling, the chancellor, has to give his permission for taxpayers' money to be put at risk, so he and King will exchange quick-fire letters tomorrow morning, detailing how much the Bank can spend on quantitative easing, and what exactly it will be allowed to buy.

Quantitative easing is popularly known as "printing money," but it doesn't actually involve turning on the presses. It actually means that the Bank will buy billions of pounds of assets, usually government bonds, from cash-strapped banks, in the hope that they will push the money back out again in loans to the public.

"It is very evident that quantitative easing is now going to take the leading role in the Bank of England's further efforts to stimulate economic activity," said Howard Archer, of consultancy Global Insight.

Archer also believes that rates could be cut by another 0.5% at the end of the MPC's meeting, which began today, although the decision is not clear-cut. "Such a move is not a cast-iron certainty given the MPC's concerns about the negative repercussions that even lower interest rates might have on the banking sector and also some doubts about how much benefit another reduction will have," he said.

By making more funds available to the banks, King and fellow members of the nine-member MPC hope to drive down interest rates right across the economy.

At his quarterly inflation report press briefing last month, King said: "Further easing in monetary policy may well be required. That is likely to include actions aimed at increasing the supply of money in order to stimulate nominal spending." In the minutes from its February rate-setting meeting, members of the MPC said: "It is unlikely that the inflation target could be met solely by cutting bank rate."

Quantitative easing is the Bank's contribution to an intensive onslaught on the worsening recession. The Treasury is still in negotiations with Lloyds and other banks about its third bail-out of the embattled sector, following last week's deal with RBS; while Darling is drawing up plans for a fresh spending splurge in his budget next month.

The latest economic data shows that support is desperately needed. Activity in the UK's services sector shrank again in February, although at a slower rate than in January. Economists said the data was a sign that GDP was continuing to contract, but offered hope that the crisis may be bottoming out.

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Poor Imperialarms....UK is Bankrupt, Prints Money to Pay Pay for Debt, Worse than

ooooh a thread dedicated to me:biggrin:

looks like i got under someone's skin and stumbled upon an inconvenient truth.BOOHOO.suck it up.:biggrin:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Poor Imperialarms....UK is Bankrupt, Prints Money to Pay Pay for Debt, Worse than

ooooh a thread dedicated to me:biggrin:

looks like i got under someone's skin and stumbled upon an inconvenient truth.BOOHOO.suck it up.:biggrin:

Yes, its dedictate to you and my entertainment you cretin

Thank you for the laughs!

And for being so stupid!

401K! Property!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

still no response to my 401k?

what a loser!

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

Poor Pathetic UK, printing money, Pound will reach parity to US$$

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

AhSo1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Poor Pathetic UK, printing money, Pound will reach parity to US$$

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I would be shocked to see the pound reach parity

Jim Rodgers has predicted this

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would be shocked to see the pound reach parity

Jim Rodgers has predicted this

Jim Rodgers did in fact say abandon Japan and the UK, its now ground Zero for the economic collapse, not the US.