• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did phelps really win that 7th Gold Medal?

facial

Alfrescian
Loyal
framelicious.jpg

milo-cavic-beats-phelps.jpg

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
I watched the race. Cavic was touching the wall underneath the water while Phelps was touching the wall above the water. So, it is possible that Phelps pipped Cavic to the wall due to less resistance from the water. But 100th of a second? How do they measure it? That is ridiculous, even with due respect to Omega time-keeping technology.

In any case, I doubt it is possible for Omega to rig the timing in favor of Phelps. For all we know, the timekeeping could have been kept by the Chinese officials and ractified by various IOC officials there.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I watched the race. Cavic was touching the wall underneath the water while Phelps was touching the wall above the water. So, it is possible that Phelps pipped Cavic to the wall due to less resistance from the water. But 100th of a second? How do they measure it? That is ridiculous, even with due respect to Omega time-keeping technology.

In any case, I doubt it is possible for Omega to rig the timing in favor of Phelps. For all we know, the timekeeping could have been kept by the Chinese officials and ractified by various IOC officials there.

Don't be a stuipid idiot !! Why should the Chinese rig the result for USA !! You twit !!:

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well guys,
These series of photos should be definitive of Phelps winning in a photo finish. He did have both hands on the wall and not entirely on the pad. The ruling is that both hands must touch the pad from what I know in my swim days but I am not sure if touching one hand touches the pad and the other touches the wall will disqualify him or not. But if this is a reason to disqualify him, then it is a pity. Cavic is a great swimmer but like he said, he was gliding to the finish at his last stroke but Phelps was thrusting to the finish.

From the video taken by Heinz Kluetmeier underwater, watch it and decide for yourself. It was the closest race but I tend to believe Omega rather than the eyes. I watched the swim on TV and it did give the impression that Cavic was gliding to the finish in front of Phelps and then I saw Phelps thrust both hands forwardsabove the water level to finish the race. I guess this was how he won. Phelps was beginning the next stroke while Cavic was finishing his last stroke.

Watch the video here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/olympics/2008/video/daily/day.15b.html

Last edited:
S

Scolari

I think he won it lah. Timing should be kept by chinese officials.