• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Domestic Helpers

kid a

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Brudders,

I have a pet peeve - How we Singaporeans are treating our domestic helpers.

The vile shit in the papers is one thing (the drinking hot water, getting dogs to attack, washing hands/face with chlorine etc) but the day to day stuff that we see and sometimes cannot do much about is...just damn sickening.

I was at a restaurant and this family ate and ate while the poor helper stood next to the table the whole time!!! After the family was done, she was given their leftovers (really little) and then when she sat down to eat, she also had to mind the bratty kids. And the couple look like educated, civil servant types.

Either us men are not doing enough to get our women to toe the line or we are driving them insane with our ECAs, coz our women...they are capable of pure evil with the domestic helpers.

Peace,

Kid A

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
This got nothing to do with how high one's education is bro. People can be smart but that does not warrant a kind and compassionate heart as well, men and women alike. Haiz:o

2Cheong

Alfrescian
Loyal
This got nothing to do with how high one's education is bro. People can be smart but that does not warrant a kind and compassionate heart as well, men and women alike. Haiz:o

Yes, fully agreed,. talking anbout EQ not IQ, it applies to men and women.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the family was done, she was given their leftovers (really little) and then when she sat down to eat

That depends:

Hawker centre or any meal less than $10 - she can have her own order

Expensive food at restaurants eg. bird's nest soup, abalone etc - sorry hor that you will have to eat something cheaper hor, fried rice ok or not?

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
That depends:

Hawker centre or any meal less than $10 - she can have her own order

Expensive food at restaurants eg. bird's nest soup, abalone etc - sorry hor that you will have to eat something cheaper hor, fried rice ok or not?

Talk about shark's fin... gave one of my ex-maids during a dinner out and she spat it out, say not nice. Ah Ma sim tia (heartache!), have to finish up the bowl, maid's saliva and all :biggrin: Never again!

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at a restaurant and this family ate and ate while the poor helper stood next to the table the whole time!!! After the family was done, she was given their leftovers (really little) and then when she sat down to eat, she also had to mind the bratty kids. And the couple look like educated, civil servant types.

What we can do in our small way to seek some justice for these domestic helpers(they should not be called maids) is to video tape that incident and upload it on youtube under the title, "This is Lee Kuan Yew's First World Country".

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

The right thing will be to give her a plate with rice and assorted pickings from the main dishes so she can eat at her "own time own pace", and at the same table (no restaurents has a special maid's eating area anyway).

And this mistreatment is not only outside. I've seen, sadly, from relatives and friends, that some people do this at home too. that is, eat first, then leave the leftovers for the maid. Most dogs are treated better with their own food bowls. :(

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"This is Lee Kuan Yew's First World Country".

Yes definitely 1st world lah. Where else got old & disabled tissue sellers. Can collectors. Cardboard collectors.....

We must thank the familee for letting us have the scraps : from his table rolleyes: