• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More Singapore PRs Buying HDB flats

aphro

Hello Bros..
Do you all notice that more and more singapore PR are getting HDB flats due to flat rental price too high.

I also notice that more PRC people apply for singapore citizen.

anybody notice that pleace discuss..

dormitory

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Bros..
Do you all notice that more and more singapore PR are getting HDB flats due to flat rental price too high.

How do you know those pple are PR? As for PRC applying for citizen, I agree with you. Many pple are applying for singapore citizen ...not only China.. although i believe majority are from PRC.

But for PR buying HDB flats..I am not sure...where you get your info on this? anyway, PR can't buy 1st hand HDB flat...they can only buy resale flats...

and i am not sure whether they buy hdb flat becoz the rental price is too high. if they rent condo, even higher wat...if they rent hdb, overall still cheaper rather than buying a hdb resale flat.

Peacock29

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back to SG from China this morning. Saw this topic and decided to share my convo with a PRC couple (the guy had been working in sg for past 4 years) + a kid during the flight back. The guy is already a PR in SG fetching his family over.

Ask them why they want to choose SG

They are pleased with our government and their policies (shrug?), our lifestyle, most importantly we do not limit the number of babies we have.

They only worried about the standard of living.

Answered some of the common questions to them regarding SG.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

They are pleased with our government and their policies (shrug?), our lifestyle, most importantly we do not limit the number of babies we have.

The Sg govt policies pleased only 3rd world citizens, those with a first world caliber will move to 1st world country in no time.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know some PRC couples are rich, as do not know they are really cash-rich. The wife really love this 4-roomer at bishan, COV over $50K. She so in love with this unit, buy herself a earliest flight to hunan and bring cash over. The deal is completed within 3 mths. :eek:

S

Sexytoy.com.sg

I know some PRC couples are rich, as do not know they are really cash-rich. The wife really love this 4-roomer at bishan, COV over $50K. She so in love with this unit, buy herself a earliest flight to hunan and bring cash over. The deal is completed within 3 mths. :eek:

I heard one PRC took 5 mins to decide on a $5.9m property in Four Seasons Park.

teraterm55

Alfrescian
Loyal
From all the postings here.. i get the feeling people think PRC's are poor.

hahahah.. my friend in Shanghai earns US10,000 a month working as a country IT manager. and according to him... he is one of the lowest paid amongs his fellow friends in shanghai. What gives man.. my company only pays S$3,000 to the IT manager. and boss is already complaining he is getting 2 much.

And if you compare ratio to ratio between shanghai and singapore. there are more CASH RICH PRC than singaporeans.

cognacrex

Alfrescian
Loyal
2 PR or one citizen and a PR can apply for new HBD flat.....only those with long term visit pass or short term visit pass cant with minimum of six month pass. on the other hand if they form a family nuclues they can buy resale flat.

tmnt

that why our HDB prices go up n up...:o

Temujin

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is only natural that if you do your sums correctly and rents are going up, you should buy instead of renting ... Rents have almost doubled, but prices of HDB have not doubled ...

Archan

rich liao mah..i have malaysians comparing they themselves owning 6cars with standard in sg....bloody fools..rental is quite high, but buying is a problem too...only 2nd hand price

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is why,the market for landed/private properties dip a bit but the market for HDB is still going up.
a lot of PR are buying HDB and it drives up the price.
even the rentals are up up up.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back to SG from China this morning. Saw this topic and decided to share my convo with a PRC couple (the guy had been working in sg for past 4 years) + a kid during the flight back. The guy is already a PR in SG fetching his family over.

Stepping stone......... raid n run off

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is why we con into doing NS while people who never do NS buy up our land. PAP and WP and SDP cheat singaporeans into doing NS. NS is killing Sg.

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is also the main reason why when the private property is going southward but the HDB is going northward.
all thanks to them lor.

KheongKarn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Bros..

Yeah, also more hawkers are from PRC. Soon our char koay teow, hokkein mee etc will be cooked by PRC liao