• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Rich People Around the World Heading to USA for the Lowest Taxes

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its well known and documented Americans on average pay the lowest taxes in the Western World, but when the rich and famous Australians and other elites of Many Countries go to the USA for the lower taxes, Migrants should take heed.

America's offer to you is one of the Lowest Tax rates in the Western World:

Just look at Mr Australia, Croc Dundee hiding from the Australian Tax Authorities while paying much lower taxes in America

http://www.theinsider.com/news/1034351_PAUL_HOGAN_DARES_TAX_MAN_TO_GET_HIM

PAUL HOGAN DARES TAX MAN TO GET HIM

A DEFIANT Paul Hogan had a typically plain-spoken and blunt message for the Australian Taxation Office yesterday: "Come and get me, you miserable bastards."

As the ATO enlisted the help of the Internal Revenue Service in the US to pursue the actor for allegedly undisclosed tax liabilities, a bemused Hogan insisted he had paid more than enough tax - a figure he estimated to be in excess of $100million - in Australia.

Hogan, who lives in a mansion in Santa Barbara, two hours north of Hollywood, said he had grown tired of what he called persecution by the ATO, and now the IRS.

"They're both after me," he said. "I feel pretty important, actually.

"I'd like to make a deal with the tax office that I'll give them every cent I made, both me and (partner John "Strop") Cornell, if they give me every cent they made out of my movies. As a guy who brought millions into Australia, they should build a statue at the tax office to me and send me a Christmas card. I lived in America and still paid tax in Australia for 4 1/2 years when I could have paid tax in America, and it would have been cheaper, because I thought we needed the money back home more than they needed it here."

Hogan spoke out after it emerged that the ATO had asked for the IRS to help three years after details of Hogan's financial affairs were leaked to the media, outing him as being under investigation as part of Operation Wickenby, the $300 million investigation into tax fraud.
Details of Hogan's battle with the ATO were first reported by Forbes Magazine in the US.

The IRS ordered three US banks to hand over details of Hogan's bank accounts as well as four related companies. Hogan is fighting the move in the Los Angeles courts, saying the tax office is trying to get documents it would not lawfully be able to obtain in Australia.

Hogan railed against Operation Wickenby, a taskforce headed by the Australian Taxation Office, working in conjunction with other agencies such as the Australian Crime Commission.

"If you become a victim or a target for the ACC, the crime commission, you're not allowed to say you are, you're not allowed to say anything they said to you or that you've even been questioned, or you can go to jail," Hogan said. "If the ACC interrogated me, then I couldn't tell you what they asked me or I can't even admit they did because I could go to jail, but the ACC has some dickhead who can leak information to the press and anyone else who's interested." Hogan said he was being targeted only because he was "high-profile and because I've got money".

His comments are in contrast to a statement he released in 2006 when he joked that the last problem he had with the tax office was over a "chook raffle".

Hogan said he did not keep up to date with the back and forth between the ATO and the IRS and his lawyers. "I don't give a shit about it - I've got nothing to worry about," he said. "I've paid more than every cent I owe, I paid too much, I paid tax there when I didn't have to. "If everyone paid as much tax as me, we'd be the richest country in the world."

Hogan had a dig at the ATO over its only scalp from Operation Wickenby, music entrepreneur Glenn Wheatley, who was released on home detention in May after almost a year in jail.

"I know the people of Australia sleep well knowing Glenn Wheatley's off the street," Hogan said. "It's terrifying to think he would be on the streets." Hogan said that he would be shooting a film in Australia later this year. "I'll be arrested the minute I step on the shore," he joked.

Despite Hogan's jocular reaction when approached by journalists yesterday, he is fighting the IRS move, and has started legal action to have the "ludicrous" summonses set aside. He is arguing that the ATO is on a "long-distance fishing expedition" and is using the IRSto seek records it would notbe able to lawfully obtain inAustralia.

The IRS, acting on behalf of the ATO, issued summonses in May to City National Bank, HSBC and the Union Bank of California demanding 9 1/2 years worth of "account opening documents, signature cards, monthly statements, copies of cancelled cheques (front and back), deposit slips and all other deposit or withdrawal documents for all transactions that exceed $50,000". The IRS is also demanding the records of Bangalow Productions, Bangalow Films, Pine Mountain Productions and Platinum Services. Hogan is the sole owner of Platinum Services, Bangalow Productions and Bangalow Films.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many Australians in USA for tax reasons...........because USA tax is so low.........

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/greg norman under tax investigation_1022033

GREG NORMAN UNDER TAX INVESTIGATION

Golf legend GREG NORMAN is facing a multi-million dollar fine from Australian tax inspectors over his use of a private jet. Norman - who is dating ex-tennis player CHRIS EVERT - is currently being investigated by the Australian Tax Office (ATO) as part of his divorce battle with estranged wife of 26 years, LAURA. The tax officers are studying the logs of Norman's Gulfstream G550 jet and Bell 407 helicopter, attempting to discern whether the plane was used for the business purposes stated on official tax documentation. Due to strict tax regulations, any discrepancies found by inspectors could lead to the golfer being fined if the vehicles are found to be mainly used for leisurely pursuits. Evert divorced Olympic skier-turned-sport fisherman ANDY MILL in December (06), and was first spotted with 51-year-old Norman in Sydney last month. Norman, who resides in the USA for purported Tax savings, has declined comment

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice to know that USA is a good place to evade tax.

For Indonesians, they usually head to Singapore. :biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The "Icon of Australia" left because the high-on-marijuana beach bums always trespassed into his home in Byron Bay :biggrin:

And not forgetting the average Americans are paying for him.

News Corp is around ex-Aussie which the US President would love to tax but can't.