• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In America You Do Not Pay Your Neighbor's Mortgage. Poor Imperialarms.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder how much money Imperialarms has lost in the US market? Poor Imperialarms and the other Republians.

What to do?

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977600370

LEFT OF THE RIGHT: CNBC’s Rick Santelli Throws On Air Fit Over President Obama’s New Housing Plan

It was like a scene from the old movie Network. You know, where the TV news guys says "I'm mad as hell and I'm not taking it anymore." Well, I think anyone who saw Santelli's rant will agree he's definitely mad. I realize that many on the Right are a little indignant over Obama's victory but wow!

I'm not surprised by the fervor of the talking heads on the Right though. They've always loved the "loudest voice gets heard" method of propagandizing. In the wake of the Democrats taking power they've gone running back to the same old tired rhetoric that worked for them in the past. Tax breaks for the wealthy and for corporations will have a trickle down effect and create jobs. And now after the GOP spending spree we saw from 2001 to 2007 it's hilarious that suddenly they've become the voice of restraint concerning the spending portions of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.

I'm sorry, but all the ranting coming from the Right these days seems pretty hollow if you know what I mean. It's kind of sad because it looks like the Right believes these "distractics" will still work. Rick Santelli is a Madman unfit to be on CNBC.

It seems many on the right are convinced they can win this fight by shouting the Democrats down. But I don't think many are listening anymore. The GOP has just racked up too many failures lately to be taken seriously anymore.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
The central question is this. If the left (Obama and dems) cannot bring the US out of its recession by 1) its stimulus, 2) Housing Fix then what does it mean for the whole world?

Singapore? It means very painful times for the whole world economy.

From the whole world's perspective, America must succeed or we all pay the price.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course the PAP is basically the Singaporean versin of the Republican Party ruling Singapore since its inception.

Most Singaporeans just dont see the error here.......

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the whole world's perspective, America must succeed or we all pay the price.

America need China to buy its debts before it can succeed.

Has the rules of the game changed?

China feeling cocky as Clinton poised to visit.
By Aileen McCabe, Canwest News ServiceFebruary 16, 2009

SHANGAI - China appears to be feeling slightly cocky in advance of U. S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's visit later this week.

Not only is it buoyed by the G7 finance ministers' praise of its stimulus package and their toned-down comments on its currency policy, it is feeling on the side of the angels with its continued criticism of the U.S. ``Buy American'' plan, which has also been strongly opposed by the likes of Canada, Europe and Japan.

In an editorial on the weekend, the official government news agency Xinhua, said: ``History and economics have told us, facing a global financial crisis, trade protectionism is not a solution, but a poison to the solution.''

Beijing has already promised it will not resort to any sort of ``Buy Chinese'' policy in retaliation.

The G7's moderate comment on the Chinese Remimbi, that it is ``expected to appreciate in effective terms,'' was perhaps the most welcome news, however.

Beijing has been smarting since January when new U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner indicated to Congress that there might be a case to made that China was manipulating its currency. But the G7 avoided finger-pointing and simply praised China for its ``commitment to move to a more flexible exchange rate.''

The Financial News, a Beijing paper, commented: ``A range of signs indicate that China's role in withstanding the crisis is harder and harder to ignore.''

It suggested Western nations could not afford to ``make an enemy of China.''

Clinton arrives in China on Friday, after stops in Japan, Indonesia and South Korea.

Beijing cleared the way for her visit Monday, by announcing it would resume dialogue between the Chinese and U.S. military. The annual talks between the two nations, which began in 1997, were suspended by China last November in protest against the $6.5 billion arms deal the Bush administration approved for Taiwan.

According to the China Daily, Defense Ministry spokesman Hu Changming said ``informal'' talks will begin again soon.

Although the world economic crisis is expected to dominate Clinton's agenda in China, en route to Japan she told reporters she would also raise questions about human rights when she meets Chinese leaders.

Seven major human rights groups issued an open letter last week calling on her not to forget rights in the face of the financial downturn.

Clinton said she would ``not be shying away'' from the sensitive topic while in China.

Beijing is likely to be better prepared than ever to counter her comments.

After its appearance last week before the U.N. Human Rights Council's periodic review panel, it managed to find enough praise amid the criticism to declare the exercise a qualified success.

``A majority of countries spoke highly of China's human rights policies and achievements and supported China continuing to follow the path in line with national conditions,'' Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Ye told reporters at her regular briefing. ``Although a few countries attempted to politicize the review and made some groundless accusations, they were rebuked by most countries.''

© Copyright (c) Canwest News Service

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"In America You Do Not Pay Your Neighbor's Mortgage. Poor Imperialarms."

Looking at the bigger picture.

There is nothing wrong with "Paying Your Neighbor's Mortgage" if
1. The policy helps to reduce prime home loan foreclosures.
2. Allow property prices to stablise so that mortgagers have enough equity in the house to re-finance with the new 0% interest.

Market forces can be a crude way of correction, making more people suffer. Some intervention will cushion the fall.

Whatever the USA do, so long as they are implementing the wrong policies, my Gold investment will make more money.