• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Crash of '29

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Crash of '29
stock_crash_01.jpg

Hysteria on the Street
On the day of the collapse, the exchange lost $14 billion in value, ten times the annual budget of the federal government at that time.
stock_crash_02.jpg

Black Thursday
Selling was triggered in part by a huge sell-off the preceding Thursday. Despite the efforts of brokers the following day (when this photo was taken) shares continued to decline, a trend dramatized by the newspapers in their weekend editions.
stock_crash_03.jpg

Trading Floor
As the slide continued, trading increased. Over 16 million shares were traded, a record not broken until 1969. During the panic, clerks worked for 48 straight hours.
stock_crash_04.jpg

Anxious Investors
Brokerage house customers flock to the financial district as news of the crash spread.
stock_crash_05.jpg

All Nighter
Exhausted clerks from the exchange catch some sleep in a nearby gym.
stock_crash_06.jpg

Headlines
Despite the optimistic headline, the news from Wall Street would not get any better.
stock_crash_07.jpg

Desperate for Cash
A speculator tries to sell his car after losing all his money in the market.
stock_crash_08.jpg

Run on the Bank
Panicked by the collapse of the market, customers of a bank in New Jersey race to Passaic to claim their deposits.
stock_crash_09.jpg

Depression
The crash led to untold bankrupties and business closures, causing many Americans to lose their jobs.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
US 100 for a car. i like that photo, i saw that at the top of the rock.

i think that was rocky himself. well, his family still very rich now, even he lost money in stock market.

but the crash of 29 is not similar to this time.

because, there was no run of bank this time, more like japanese bubble of 90's.

crash of 29
--------------
stock market crash
run on the bank
mass unemployment
trade war
world war

this time, it will be like japan, no growth for decade or more..............

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those were the days when the stock market was communicated by chalks and blackboards. And numerical fractions too as opposed to decimals. Hmm, those times.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal

i think that was rocky himself. well, his family still very rich now, even he lost money in stock market.

crash of 29

Why are you looking at the car?

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are you looking at the car?

Cos the car rocks and also cos the rest is pointless you dumbfuck?

Oh, you're disappointed because no one bothers to say anything about "the big picture" much less whine collectively with you?

And you mean you are one of those who lost everything including even their entire live savings on the stock market?

If you want to doom and gloom yourself go ahead, and then go kill yourself. End it all. Why is there a need to persist in and aggravating negative situations by spreading your worthless comparisons to other people? Would it better the situation?

As if we don't know the economic shape of today and we need you to teach us.

You stupid whining fuck.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal

crash of 29
--------------
stock market crash
run on the bank
mass unemployment
trade war
world war

this time, it will be like japan, no growth for decade or more..............

Yup that car rocks. But $100 may sound small, but was pretty big at that time :wink: