• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

EcoBotanic or Horizon Hills - which is better value ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 80916
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 80916

hi,..

am thinking of the above options

How to compare these 2 estates ?

Which estate has better value, wrt convenience to amenities,....? thanks

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
currently HH still valuable due to close proximity to Bukit Indah which is current the "epicenter"

It is slated to shift towards Medini, Sunway Iskandar, Puteri Harbour in 5-10 years time. Trust me. You wont go wrong.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tend to agree.
Currently horizon hills has the upper hand due to it being more established but with Puteri harbour starting to come online, I think horizon hills will start to lose its competitive advantage and just become another Taman.
Anyway horizon hills is getting pretty pricey now.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eco Botanic has its own commercial portion being planned and built in right from the start. Its architecture is also more aesthetic with its retro design.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The trend is moving towards the 2nd link developments. Now u see nothing cos the Medini mall and Puteri Harbour + Sunway Iskandar haven even started the engine yet. In a decade the whole area to the right of the highway all the way to PH will be amazing. The world will have news on all these very regularly.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely HH. EcoWorld have not even built any house yet in JB. All we see from them is artist impression. How to compare?

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely HH. EcoWorld have not even built any house yet in JB. All we see from them is artist impression. How to compare?

How can u use the fact that Ecoworld has not built anythg yet as a reason for thinking it is worse than HH ? what kind of ridiculous logic is that ??

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
My gut feel is Eco Botanic will outshine recent launches of Horizon Hill. The big boss wants to path e way for his son n cannot afford to screw up.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can u use the fact that Ecoworld has not built anythg yet as a reason for thinking it is worse than HH ? what kind of ridiculous logic is that ??

i think what is ridiculous is not buying because of fancy CGI or sales brochure. which developer launch with no CGI and put photos of ugly empty house? like that can also say don't buy those developer who have very nice ID for showhouse.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The feel when I first drove into Eco Botanic is the same feel when I drove into East Ledang and HH when they were big tract of land.. very amazing.

Eco-botanic has the upper hand in 10 years time due to its close proximity to 2nd link and the mega activities going on in Sunway, PH, Medini, racing circuit and industrial parks

My gut feel is Eco Botanic will outshine recent launches of Horizon Hill. The big boss wants to path e way for his son n cannot afford to screw up.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think what is ridiculous is not buying because of fancy CGI or sales brochure. which developer launch with no CGI and put photos of ugly empty house? like that can also say don't buy those developer who have very nice ID for showhouse.
Some pple just want to bash a developer for their own selfish agenda.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some pple just want to bash a developer for their own selfish agenda.

I just went to take a look at the Eco showrooms. I must say its disappointing for the price that they are charging. Build quality and materials are nothing special.
Seems very similar to standard build of Setia Tropica. Which was perhaps OK for the price.

I think the developer is just riding on hype. They dumped a huge amount on the landscaping to lull the buyer into a false impression but the design and quality is disappointing for the price.

It's just my opinion. Although there's a lot of local people interested in the project when I was there. But I think it will have difficulty attracting more sophisticated buyers.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just went to take a look at the Eco showrooms. I must say its disappointing for the price that they are charging. Build quality and materials are nothing special.
Seems very similar to standard build of Setia Tropica. Which was perhaps OK for the price.

I think the developer is just riding on hype. They dumped a huge amount on the landscaping to lull the buyer into a false impression but the design and quality is disappointing for the price.

It's just my opinion. Although there's a lot of local people interested in the project when I was there. But I think it will have difficulty attracting more sophisticated buyers.

My view is different. The retro design is superb and the landscaping is beautiful. I also love the build quality . Of course it's just my opinion.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no track record for EcoWorld now. There are a newbies and riding on Tan Sri name now. However, even Tan Sri himself say he need to start all over again in this new company. So we all dont know the quality of their house. Landscaping is important but house quality is most important. Many house owners and contractors told me last time Setia Tropika house quality is bad although have nice landscaping. Crack here and there. How can someone wanted to compare HH and EW? Is a different class. One is individual title and the other one is strata title. Many will opt for individual title.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
My view is different. The retro design is superb and the landscaping is beautiful. I also love the build quality . Of course it's just my opinion.

Must give credit to the graphic designer engaged by EW. They really make EW project like heaven. Superb landscaping ...... i mean artificial image landscaping. IN real.... still many question mark.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no track record for EcoWorld now. There are a newbies and riding on Tan Sri name now. However, even Tan Sri himself say he need to start all over again in this new company. So we all dont know the quality of their house. Landscaping is important but house quality is most important. Many house owners and contractors told me last time Setia Tropika house quality is bad although have nice landscaping. Crack here and there. How can someone wanted to compare HH and EW? Is a different class. One is individual title and the other one is strata title. Many will opt for individual title.

Actually Ecoworld is a developer, not a contractor. Quality of house depends hugely on the contractor, while the developer does the project coordination work & conceptual planning. Not many pple know this, but this is a fact. I repeat again, the quality of the house depends almost entirely on the quality of the chosen main con. In SG for example, some main cons are renowned for their built quality, and the developers would flock to them for atas projects.

Why was Setia Tropika or Bukit Indah house quality bad last time, compared to their KL projects? It was due to the quality of the chosen contractors, though it's true that Setia's project mgt team could have scrutinised the project more thoroughly back then.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually Ecoworld is a developer, not a contractor. Quality of house depends hugely on the contractor, while the developer does the project coordination work & conceptual planning. Not many pple know this, but this is a fact. I repeat again, the quality of the house depends almost entirely on the quality of the chosen main con. In SG for example, some main cons are renowned for their built quality, and the developers would flock to them for atas projects.

Why was Setia Tropika or Bukit Indah house quality bad last time, compared to their KL projects? It was due to the quality of the chosen contractors, though it's true that Setia's project mgt team could have scrutinised the project more thoroughly back then.

ya, good to educate some ignorant folks :wink:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Totally agree.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree with you....but EW marketing team is great. They try to 'hypnotise' you with their audio video affect on screen to keep your imagination run wild....