• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Traffic jams at both CIQs (Woodlands Causeway and Tuas 2nd Link)

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's vent all our frustrations here and share live updates on traffic conditions at CIQs especially in Malaysian side as web cams there are regularly showing 'history' instead of 'live', and of course the ever worsening jams at Singapore side!!!

Years ago, I used to be in the Police Task Force(PTF) during my full-time national service days and we were once stationed at Woodlands CIQ as standby troop for a period of time.

Guess what happened when all of us from PTF standby(do nothing) as backup at the upper level of Woodlands CIQ for like 8 hours a day? All of us almost died of lung cancer by inhaling the exhaust from the cars and motorbikes jammed below us. Trust me, at where we're stationed, there is no where you can go to get fresh air. All of us wrapped our own T-shirts over our noses the whole day!

If the top customs officers themselves are to be stationed there 'in the open' for just one day(8 hours) and inhale those fumes, I guess they will immediately double up the clearance capacity of their CIQ the next day :biggrin:

Maybe all the drivers and bikers are damn frustrated of the daily jams caused by the inefficient CIQ and they intentionally rev their engines harder and let the custom officers inhale their exhaust. Other than air pollution, the bikers also create noise pollution by sounding their honks.

I can't imagine what the air and sound pollution will be like when drivers also rev their engines and sound their loud honks to show their frustration.

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets vent all our frustrations here and share live updates on traffic conditions at CIQs especially in Malaysian side as web cams there are regularly showing 'history' instead of 'live', and of course the ever worsening jams at Singapore side!!!

And to hear our PM encouraging SME to shift their operations there.
Cui kong lampar song

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And to hear our PM encouraging SME to shift their operations there.
Cui kong lampar song

When PM Najib proposed the 3rd Friendship Bridge to our PM recently, our PM said that the priority now is to increase the clearance capacity of both existing Links. What do you think?

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
When PM Najib proposed the 3rd Friendship Bridge to our PM recently, our PM said that the priority now is to increase the clearance capacity of both existing Links. What do you think?

Agree, the way he put it seems obvious he has no intention yet...

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup.. Let's put this thread as a sticky.
Hopefully the govt on both sides will start to seriously look into expanding the capacity soon.

This jam situation is not helping both sides at all.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Put it this way. As long as the exchange rate remains RM 2.5 to S$1, the jam will persist. No govt in the right frame of mind will allow their own citizens to spend money like in heaven outside their own jurisdiction. 3am jam for 1 hour u guys got kena before? I kena 3 times in the past few months.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is serious health issues. Frustration, stress, pollution, accidents. Will lead to high blood pressure, mental and heart problems....

Last edited:

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Omg.... What is happening at spore customs. 450am, Wednesday morning. Tried to leave earlier, but no use. stuck at jb custom for 20mins liao..

IMG_20140514_053724.jpg

Update: finally moving at 530am. Better in tuas?

IMG_20140514_053954.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140514_052032.jpg
    IMG_20140514_052032.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 2,678
Last edited:

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Smooth ride.to jb customs all directions. Reached 450am. But cars all not moving for 20 mins at jb customs. Spore customs side bottleneck. Cleared spore cystoms only at 640am. Like that how to do daily commute?

you came from/ through which part of jb? EDL? cheers.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Smooth ride.to jb customs all directions. Reached 450am. But cars all not moving for 20 mins at jb customs. Spore customs side bottleneck. Cleared spore cystoms only at 640am. Like that how to do daily commute?

May be have to ride motorbike as they are faster right? Then dun have to wake up so early...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

thank you,sir. so basically, at 450 am there was no jam in JB until at the causeway (jb side CIQ). May I know, did you come thru tebrau highway then join EDL, as your nick suggest you stay at austin heights.?
If yes, then confirm from your pictures that the worst jam in JB is at the causeway , not tebrau highway.

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tebrau wont have jams at that time la. Its always Causeway side or JB custom got jam.. Last time 4am is very clear.. nowadays 4am + the jam starts and sometimes the entire causeway is choked with cars at 4am plus. For a moment when I see that I thought Singapore custom close shop already

thank you,sir. so basically, at 450 am there was no jam in JB until at the causeway (jb side CIQ). May I know, did you come thru tebrau highway then join EDL, as your nick suggest you stay at austin heights.?
If yes, then confirm from your pictures that the worst jam in JB is at the causeway , not tebrau highway.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tebrau wont have jams at that time la. Its always Causeway side or JB custom got jam.. Last time 4am is very clear nowadays 4am + the jam starts and sometimes the entire causeway is choked with cars at 4am plus. For a moment when I see that I thought Singapore custom close shop already

Looks like the ICA is getting from worst to worster and worsterest. Their boss is very busy counting their millions $, no time to look into this bottle neck everyday for daily commuters as it don't affects them.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tebrau wont have jams at that time la. Its always Causeway side or JB custom got jam.. Last time 4am is very clear.. nowadays 4am + the jam starts and sometimes the entire causeway is choked with cars at 4am plus. For a moment when I see that I thought Singapore custom close shop already

i know laa. just adding chili to yesterdays discussion with another forummer. :smile:

as for the history of jams, i can tell you that previously (in 2005-2006) i was staying in yishun and so used to pop over jb for early breakfast, buy cigarette, pump petrol etc. jams (both side) only start about 530am, when buses start plying. even then takes only 10-20 min to clear both.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
i know laa. just adding chili to yesterdays discussion with another forummer. :smile:

as for the history of jams, i can tell you that previously (in 2005-2006) i was staying in yishun and so used to pop over jb for early breakfast, buy cigarette, pump petrol etc. jams (both side) only start about 530am, when buses start plying. even then takes only 10-20 min to clear both.

Haha the so-called Tebrau jam wont really affect Singaporeans and Malaysians working in SG lah. Because for most pple commuting to SG, the latest they need to reach Tebrau Highway should be around 730 am. This is for those who start work in Woodlands around 9 to 930 am (buffer for 1 to 2 hrs from Tebrau Highway to Woodlands). Then, most Malaysians working in JB are still at home sleeping or eating breakfast lah......

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strangely, in my last couple of weekend trips to JB (Tuas side) crossing at about 11am+... there were very little jams