• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans must fill in 'white cards' again

steadyman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
What are they doing?? Going backwards?? What's the point?

Here's the extract from the article.

Singaporeans must fill in 'white cards' again

Singaporeans will have to fill in embarkation and disembarkation forms from Wednesday when they enter or leave Malaysia through the Causeway and the Second Link.

This means Immigration clearance will take a longer time at both the entry and exit points as Immigration Department officers will have to spend more time verifying their forms and passports.

Since Jan 20 this year, Singaporeans were exempted from filling in the forms, popularly known as the "white cards", when visiting Malaysia through the land entry points. All they had to do was to hand over their passports for verification and scanning.

The move, which was well received by Singaporeans, was aimed at easing traffic flow at the border points and promoting tourism and retail activities.

Obviously, scrapping the exemption will mean longer queues at Immigration checkpoints, especially during weekends or public holidays.

Priscilla Gwee, 32, a marketing executive in Singapore, said she liked to shop and dine and visit relatives and friends in Johor Baru almost every weekend.

"Immigration clearance has been very fast since the Malaysian Immigration did away with the forms in January. The average clearance time for a fully occupied car is about 30 seconds.

"We were happy about this measure to facilitate Singaporean travellers. Now, the whole thing is being cancelled barely six months after its implementation.

"It is like repeating the problems of the past when we had to wait in long queues for Immigration clearance. I will observe how bad the queues are next weekend. If it is bad, I will enter Johor Baru less often."

Another Singaporean, Saufi Kamaruddin, an information technology sales assistant, said he was surprised that the Malaysian government had reversed its policy and this would make travelling more troublesome.

"I enter Malaysia almost every week to dine and shop for groceries with my wife and children.

"We were getting so used to entering the country without filling in the white cards for the past six months. Now, we have to start filling the cards again. Immigration clearance will be more time consuming from Wednesday."

Immigration officers stationed at both checkpoints confirmed the new rule. However, they do not know the reason for it.

Johor Immigration director Nasri Ishak could not be reached for comment.

Johor Tourist Guide Association chairman Jimmy Leong said he was only informed about the new ruling early this week. He questioned the Immigration Department's reason for making life difficult for Singaporeans coming here.

"This is going to affect their arrivals. Eventually, many sectors will suffer, tourism among them.

"We should make life easier for our guests, not the other way round. I hope the department will reconsider its move."

Small and Medium Entrpreneurs Association (Southern Johor) president Teh Kee Sin said he did not know the objective of the department's move.

"If they were going to change it so soon, why did they implement it six months ago?

"This shows there was no proper or comprehensive study on the matter in the first place."

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hmm... i wonder who supply the white card to Malaysia and how much... :biggrin: Maybe tat explain everything? :p

1tigerboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
they can change anything anytime.

Just like the petrol . Suddenly increase 40%. I believe this is how they operate their country.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm... i wonder who supply the white card to Malaysia and how much... :biggrin: Maybe tat explain everything? :p

Bro Microsoft, you are very smart.

These 'people' got lobang again. :wink:

Use back old white card - continue lobang
Introduce new white card - new lobang

That's just the way it is for Malaysia. :biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro Microsoft, you are very smart.

These 'people' got lobang again. :wink:

Use back old white card - continue lobang
Introduce new white card - new lobang

That's just the way it is for Malaysia. :biggrin:

Err... i not smart lah... Being neighbor for so many yrs hor more or less noe their pattern... Boh hor chu where u think they will do... :biggrin::biggrin:

ultrashiok

The effective date for this new requirement has been postponed from 16/7 to one month later - 15/8.

Another example of their flip-flops! :rolleyes:

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
My guess is that it is something to do with the ACA investigation into the corruption at the Malaysian Immigration Dept...

Investigation? I think the investigators will end up being corrupted too. :biggrin:

Probably, another 'King' appears & his appetite is different & bigger. :wink:

michael_368

Alfrescian
Loyal
tired of all these filling of white cards again..especial when you are travelling with big group. Very sian..dont think will go in offen.:mad:

i.book

Alfrescian
Loyal
wat a dumb move.. i threw away a whole stack of white card after they announced that the cards not going to be used anymore..

anyway.. as they usually say "Malaysia Boleh".. more like "malaysia anyhow boleh" :p