• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Badminton Legends

tinyplanet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you guys still remembers these badminton legends?? It seems that the recent world players are still not on par with these former badminton greats ...

China
1) Han Jian
2) Yang Yang
3) Zhao Jian Hua
4) Xiong Guo Bao
5) Luan Jin
6) Li Yong Bo and Tian Bing Yi (doubles)

Indonesia
1) Rudy Hartono
2) Lim Swie King
3) Alan Budi kusuma (hubby of Susi Susanti)
4) Icuk Sugiarto

Malaysia
1) Sidek brothers (Misbun, Rashid, Jalani, Razif)

Denmark
1) Morten Frost

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you guys still remembers these badminton legends?? It seems that the recent world players are still not on par with these former badminton greats ...

China
1) Han Jian
2) Yang Yang
3) Zhao Jian Hua
4) Xiong Guo Bao
5) Luan Jin
6) Li Yong Bo and Tian Bing Yi (doubles)

Indonesia
1) Rudy Hartono
2) Lim Swie King
3) Alan Budi kusuma (hubby of Susi Susanti)
4) Icuk Sugiarto

Malaysia
1) Sidek brothers (Misbun, Rashid, Jalani, Razif)

Denmark
1) Morten Frost

wa you also similar to me from this era one? :biggrin:

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wong Peng Soon? (have I got the name rite?

Spot on!!!:biggrin: He will be remebered for his famed "Crocodile Serve" :p

Dunno if anybody here remember Sven Pri from Denmark. His matches with Rudy Hartono was always nail-bitting n a joy to watch?:smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think any other badminton shuttler is as good as Liem Swie King at peak performance. Han Jian also not that good. But Han Jian got extra performance as a coach by leading Malaysia to beat China and win the Thomas Cup.

tinyplanet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Liem Swie King is the King forever! Han Jian is the Prince.

Agree ... Liem Swie King, Rudy Hartono and Yang Yang are my all time favourites ... esp Yang Yang's jumping cross court smash is one of the most brilliant smash during that period where he dominate the badminton era.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wifout looking @ ze names 1st, how many players can u identify fr ze fotos in ze attached pigs? ...

me can only identify 2 ... both fr ze 1967 team ... :p ... 2nd fr left n ze shortest guy ...

Attachments

• bad-Tcup67.jpg
    bad-Tcup67.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 209
  • bad-tcup49.jpg
    bad-tcup49.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 223

wudi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree ... Liem Swie King, Rudy Hartono and Yang Yang are my all time favourites ... esp Yang Yang's jumping cross court smash is one of the most brilliant smash during that period where he dominate the badminton era.

oh not forgetting Yang Yang. he is really a outstanding player. fast in his movements and accurate smashes.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah. If I recall correctly, Yang Yang was the one who pulled Liem Swie King down off the throne in All-England early 80s. Indonesia never recovered or reclaimed the position of so-called "badminton kingdom" after that.