• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why MY badminton players wear watch during match?

tinyplanet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you observe that the Malaysia men's team badminton always wear their watch during any major tournament? ... for the past many years even during the regime of the 5 Sidek brothers, all wore watch during big matches ...

tinyplanet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anything wrong with wearing a watch?

There is nothing wrong ... but the fact that only the Malaysia badminton players have a tradition of wearing a watch during matches ... it goes all the way back during the early 80s till now ... I wonder whether it is anything relating to taboo ...

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe they use it to see the timing that they can beat an opponent.
or how fast they can win a match.
there is nothing wrong with it.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Off topic but why don't hockey woman players wear skirts while their volleyball and soccer counterparts wear shorts?

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think while playing sports, personal items shld not be worn as they can cause injury to the player and others as well

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that wearing a watch allows the user to tell time. Extensive research must be done to verify this.

The next phase will be examine how wearing watches especially those given by sponsors can generate more wealth for the sportsman.

Watch out for some of these new developments in the Neanderthal Weekly which published every month.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that wearing a watch allows the user to tell time. Extensive research must be done to verify this.

The next phase will be examine how wearing watches especially those given by sponsors can generate more wealth for the sportsman.

Watch out for some of these new developments in the Neanderthal Weekly which published every month.

no need to be sarcastic lah. I think the threadstarter has a pt. It could be a superstitious thing by the Malaysian to win matches.

jw5

Loyal
Off topic but why don't hockey woman players wear skirts while their volleyball and soccer counterparts wear shorts?
Because hockey players are not expected to fall to the ground too often whereas soccer and volleyball players are. :smile: