• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Latest: Liu Xiang has withdrawn ....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah. Too bad. An athletic win is always considered as a "real" Olympic win. The Olympics started with athletics.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whether he contested or not doesn't matter to China already. China are almost home and dry assured of top placing in the medal tally.

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is under a lot of pressure.
the whole of China expect him to defend his Olympic title and win it.
but the Cuba guy,I forget his name,i saw him in the heat,he is good.
it takes a lot of courage to withdraw from the race.

T

TRUTH888

It was quoted in the earlier papers: Liu Xiang needs to win the Gold in the 110m hurdles. If he fail to win in his homegound, what he achieve in the past (Gold in Athens) will be back to square one.

Based on form, he is nowhere near his personal best & the Cuba guy just broke the world record in 12.87 sec.

Now Liu Xiang is very famous cos he achieved Gold medal in 2004, hence this led to INSTANT FAME & became the national hero/famous icon in China with his face on billboards everywhere, appearance in ads, commercial etc & he is making tons of money.

Remember if he lost in Beijing, all the fames will be GONE! Liu Xiang knows where he stand based on his recent form & timing.

Furthermore, he is the defending champion & on homeground, the pressure is even greater on cos he CANNOT lose...even he run his personal best, he still can't beat the Cuba guy who is the world record holder!

SO if I am him, IN MY PERSONAL VIEW...I will definely say I have sore tendon & pull out of the race. WHY? ...so people can still remember who I am, ...I do not want to embrasses myself in front of my home crowd cos the whole people in China is looking forward to this race!

The pressure to win gold is so big & I am nowhere near my best to win...not sure even the top 3 based on recent timing So if I pull out...I still have a chance to appear in ads, commercial & be very famous... cos I am after all still an Olympic Champion!

BUT if I compete & I lost, then people will forget about me...I will lost everything....HMM....so I rather opt for the first option...

Anyway...the world can judge by how he appears fine one moment, another moment in uncomfortable looks before the race...trying to imply he is not feeling good...an injury or not, one look, anyone can tell whether it is real or not.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tell you I am sick to death with all this "face" nonsense and PRC contriving to put on the greatest ever show. I bet Liu faked it as this Cuban Robles looks like he would have probably whipped Liu's ass in front of 100K PRC live and millions of PRC watching on the telly. Liu probably chickened out.:rolleyes:

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
probably he knew he will not win the GOLD.
if he really lose,he will lose a lot of advertisement endorsement.
so rather than lose those commercial deals,he withdraw and will be able to keep those deals.
in the end,monetary and cash is more important that bringing glory for his country.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
and not forgetting the insurance that he or PRC is going to get.
coz they bought a insurance specially for him and also the whole team of PRC,not thru accident.

at least,he still can keep some of his endorsement deals.

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
and not forgetting the insurance that he or PRC is going to get.
coz they bought a insurance specially for him and also the whole team of PRC,not thru accident.

at least,he still can keep some of his endorsement deals.

The insurance payment is SGD20 million. :eek: