• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Is life better for you now you have moved over?

happyjoe

Am contemplating the move across the border. Was wondering if any of the members here who've made the move would care to weigh in on this: Is life really better now that you no longer live in Singapore?

As for me, the contemplated move is not really a result of any particular reason, but perhaps a combination of factors. I suppose I am finding Singapore getting a little too crowded and of course, expensive and am looking for a simpler life

Many thanks in advance for the candid responses :smile:

Frodo

Am contemplating the move across the border. Was wondering if any of the members here who've made the move would care to weigh in on this: Is life really better now that you no longer live in Singapore?

As for me, the contemplated move is not really a result of any particular reason, but perhaps a combination of factors. I suppose I am finding Singapore getting a little too crowded and of course, expensive and am looking for a simpler life

Many thanks in advance for the candid responses :smile:

My short answer: YES!

kopikong99

why do you come back then?

To enjoy the best of both worlds. We have served our ns, made contribution on nation building, so must eat the fruits of our labour.

Then at the same time, we should not continue to pay unneccessary expenses like expensive parking fees, high utilities bill etc.

malpaso

now midnite, jam all along the causeway into sgp. jam like that whole day. because one mental / retard decided to sneak into singapore without clear custom makan angin at MFA somemore. teo chee hean bising already. we're all f*** for the next few months.

FHBH12

now midnite, jam all along the causeway into sgp. jam like that whole day. because one mental / retard decided to sneak into singapore without clear custom makan angin at MFA somemore. teo chee hean bising already. we're all f*** for the next few months.

There are a lot of CNY goods coming into Singapore now. The jam will likely push up the cost of business at both sides and inconvenient everybody. They should deploy more staff and open more counters.

malpaso

There are a lot of CNY goods coming into Singapore now. The jam will likely push up the cost of business at both sides and inconvenient everybody. They should deploy more staff and open more counters.

horrendous jam coming in even at 2nd link now. from camera, can see tailback of a few km, from the looks of it.

kawan2sgmy

Come to think of it, we are neither here nor there.
How did we end up in such a situation? Life was not like that some few years ago.
We are really a pitiful lot. Life is really hard! Get squeeze all over. But what to do?

Frodo

How did we end up in such a situation? Life was not like that some few years ago.
We are really a pitiful lot. Life is really hard! Get squeeze all over. But what to do?

Sorry for your situation. On my side, we are very much on boleh land side. Even my kids don't like to cross the causeway to Singapore, when in the beginning they didn't thought they would like JB life compared to comfort Singapore life. Me? Boh bian, spend equal time in MY and SG, need to earn my keep in SG in order to spend in MY and enjoy the greater spending power.:p

Power.

I am trying to ask my female JB friend to marry me.

But she say she likes Singapore. Then i tell her that with her pay it is better for her to spend her time in Malaysia. With her pay cheque at this level, she is asking for trouble if she is staying in Singapore.

Anyway, she is just one of the typical JB girl la. She also likes LV bags and regular trip overseas.

happyjoe

Thank you all who've responded.

I've read through many threads and some blogs about people who've made the move and aside from the traffic to and fro, most seem to indicate that they are happy with the move.

The constant pursuit of material gains all around me here leaving little time to smell the roses coupled with the ever increasing crowds everywhere has taken its toll...it looks like it's time to extract myself from the matrix and start living a different life.

Thanks again!

Yeah lor average Singaporeans are so poor thing..

Frodo

Power.

I am trying to ask my female JB friend to marry me.

But she say she likes Singapore. Then i tell her that with her pay it is better for her to spend her time in Malaysia. With her pay cheque at this level, she is asking for trouble if she is staying in Singapore.

Anyway, she is just one of the typical JB girl la. She also likes LV bags and regular trip overseas.

Wish you all the best in your proposal!

Daydreamer

Thank you all who've responded.

I've read through many threads and some blogs about people who've made the move and aside from the traffic to and fro, most seem to indicate that they are happy with the move.

The constant pursuit of material gains all around me here leaving little time to smell the roses coupled with the ever increasing crowds everywhere has taken its toll...it looks like it's time to extract myself from the matrix and start living a different life.

Thanks again!

Happyjoe, I'm sure it will be a lot slower pace on the other side. Don't need to fight for space. All the best to you and your love one.