• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Threaten to hit MP is a crime

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be careful what you say to your MP, treat them with respect.

Ng Kim Weng, a 49-year-old rag-and-bone man, has been charged with threatening to cause hurt to Member of Parliament (MP) for Jalan Besar, Denise Phua.

He allegedly told an officer from the Ministry of Community, Youth and Sports (MCYS) "How can I not hit her?" twice over the phone on Jan 12 afternoon, a day after Yio Chu Kang MP Seng Han Thong was burnt by a disgruntled resident.

Police arrested Mr Ng last night two weeks after the alleged threats were reported. Police said he did not return to his flat and was difficult to find.

According to Shin Min Daily, the accused called the MCYS officer and said, "I can't swallow this, I can't stand it anymore. I don't know what I will do one day, I really don't know... how not to hit her? Every time I see her, I get angry. How can I not hit her?"

Appearing in court today, the scrawny and tanned Ng seemed anxious, and told the judge in Mandarin that he did not mean to threaten the MP.

He claimed that he used to receive $200 of welfare a month, but had not received the funds for the past year. He just wanted to make an appeal, and to share his thoughts and problems with the officer.

He offered to apologise to the MP, saying he was very sorry for his actions.

He also claimed that he had psychiatric problems and was on medication.

The prosecution confirmed that he had sought treatment at the Institute of Mental Health but could not confirm if he was diagnosed with any mental problems.

He also told the judge that he was afraid that his house would be burnt down as it was filled with newspapers. As his son was serving National Service, there was no one at home and he requested to return home to clear them.

Bail of $50,000 was set and he case was adjourned to Feb 17.

If convicted, he faces a maximum jail term of two years.

MP Denise Phua told Shin Min that she had helped Mr Ng apply for financial assistance and had distributed vouchers to his family for their daily expenses. She had also personally donated some money to them before.

Everything will have change if he had shouted, "How can I not hit on her" show LOVE by adding the on!

Black2545

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welll…

the Point is… Ng Kim Weng is Within the reach of the Law…
and loansharks is NOT within the reach of the Law…

Logic Not ?

presby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The economy is in crisis. Many are unemployed and more will soon be unemployed. This is going to create psychiatric and mental problems as more people struggle to make a living. Mentally unstable people may vent their frustration on their MP as they see the MP as representative of the Gov't that is suppose to be working on maintaining people basic livelihood. These people are not rational, they are unable to determine that it is wrong to hit a MP or anyone.

Dipping into reserve is not enough. The Manpower Ministry have to enact policies that will create higher employment for Singaporean and selectively hire foreigners where it is absolutely unavoidable. So far it seems the Gov't has not done enough. Foreigners will leave when they don't have jobs and won't be around to hit MP.

The MP job is not a regular job where you can fail or perform unsatisfactorily. People livelihood is a serious matter and MP must be able to empathize with the people they represent.

The Gov’t share some responsibilities for lunatic hitting on MP and they should look deeper at the underlying problem to fix it. If the Gov’t cannot appreciate the situation, they should engage George Bush for consultancy. Bush was successful at dodging shoes from irate journalist.