• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hillary Clinton to visit Japan, South Korea, China and Indonesia...

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
But not Singapore. Not a surprise really. Clinton's going to go to a country where Obama has childhood memories of- and considered a native son by most Indonesians.

Most American Secy of States usually visit the Middle East and Europe first. Rice, Clinton's predecessor, is infamous for sometimes skipping forums in Asia, making a few people here unhappy in the process(one of them was George Yeo).

Clinton is making a break though, and through her visit- her maiden journey as Secy Of State- it looks like Asia will play a bigger role in her department and share duties with the Treasury Department.

News article below..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/4527495/Hillary-Clinton-to-reach-out-to-Muslim-world.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's the biggest Muslim country in the world," said a state department spokesman, Robert Wood, when asked why she included Indonesia on her visit to Asia. "The secretary feels it's important to reach out."

There had been speculation that Mr Obama would himself make an early visit to the country where he lived between the ages of six and ten, and personally deliver a message of friendliness to the Muslim world.

But he has become bogged down in negotiations with Congress over his proposed stimulus package, which will cost $800-$900 billion. It may not be passed by the hoped for deadline of Feb 13.

Mrs Clinton's visit will also take in Japan, South Korea and China, as a sign of the importance the new administration attaches to Pacific Rim nations, said the state department.

The global financial crisis and efforts to get North Korea to abandon nuclear weapons will top her agenda in Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing.

In Indonesia, the former first lady will also emphasise the administration's desire for closer ties with southeast Asia, a region some say was neglected by America Under George W Bush.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
If my memory serves me right, it's usually our minitoots who go visiting them and not the other way round. :smile:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Singapore waits in line, its turn won't come until the end of the year, when the APEC summit returns back to Singapore.

Maybe George Yeo would think of something and try to get into the good books of the new administration. Tony Blair has done so, even as Blair knows for a fact that Obama didn't support the Iraqi war in the first place. But good overseas politicians are the real, good professionals.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ze message 2 sg is loud n clear ... :oIo: ... din sum1 c obama no up n strongly backed mccain sum time back? ...

:eek:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like Hilary is carrying master's balls by going to Indo :biggrin:

Not that I mind.. with Obama's sentimental roots here, Indo may see a genuine Golden Period (not the fake one in her neigbourhood) Let's hope some of the wealth trickles down to me :p:o

hillary888

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Hillary is to visit South-east Asia she will definitely visit Singapore, it is safer to stay here. I'm pretty sure she will be here before President Obama, who will be attending the APEC meeting in November.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think she will be in Singapore but it will not be officially revealed or hush hush meeting during the transit over in Singapore.