• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man charged over fatal accident

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
July 14, 2008 ST
Man charged over fatal accident
By Elena Chong, Courts Correspondent

A MAN was charged in court on Monday with negligently causing the deaths of his mother-in-law and son in a road traffic accident two years ago. Long Shi Pin, 37, was driving a car along Woodlands Road when it crashed into a tree, killing rear seat passengers, Madam Lee Tew Ngoh, 63, and six-year-old Matthew Long Chay En on May 28, 2006.
He is also accused of causing grievous hurt to his wife, Madam Jennifer Tham Ai Ping, 37, who was seated in front, and his sister-in-law, Ms Joann Tham Gek Peng, 33, seated at the back of the car.
He is said to have failed to keep a proper lookout while negotiating a slight left bend, causing the car to veer to the right, mount the centre road divider and hit the tree.
His mother-in-law and son died on the spot while the others were taken to hospital.
Bail of $10,000 was set.
If convicted of causing death, he can be jailed for up to two years and/or fined.
The punishment for causing grievous hurt is a fine of up to two years and/or $5,000.
A pre-trial hearing will be held on Aug 4.

.........:cool:

night_owl

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can still remember this accident quite clearly, as i saw the vehicle in a bad shape by the tree when i pass by the opposite road. By the time i pass by, only the vehicle is left there, saw airbag deployed. That day, I think i drive 60km/hr the whole day.

loafer73

Alfrescian
Loyal
no one wish for accident to happen. as justhorny have said, losing someone dear and yet to suffer more. what could be worst? :(

Bika

Alfrescian
Loyal
quite sad case lor..

losing someone dear is damn painful liao lor. its the worst punishment liao. Still kenna charge in court..

wah lau!!

scaredstiff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Increasingly, we are seeing more and more cases of husband killing children and relatives etc. type of cases. It's scary, given our small size, cos it really makes you wonder who these people are...and sooner or later, it's something we have to face up to and deal with.

Flintstome

Alfrescian
Loyal
quite sad case lor..

losing someone dear is damn painful liao lor. its the worst punishment liao. Still kenna charge in court..

wah lau!!

The law is blind. he..he.. No passion, no emotions, no sentiments.
Basically the law is impartial and cold-blooded.

Agree that it is a sad story. But the law is the law. :smile: