• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Garden

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
My TV antenna installer refused business there as it is hilly and far from SG, so SG TV reception will be poor even with antenna.

actually come next year, singapore will go full digital. no more free air wave singapore tv in malaysia / jb from next year?

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAL broadcast to be abandoned on December 2013. Converted to DVB-T introduced in 2002 and DVB-T2 officially announced in 2012. Analog switchoff scheduled for 2020.

The Media Development Authority of Singapore announced in June 2012 that the country's free-to-air TV channels will go fully digital by the end of 2013 using DVB-T2.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAL broadcast to be abandoned on December 2013. Converted to DVB-T introduced in 2002 and DVB-T2 officially announced in 2012. Analog switchoff scheduled for 2020.

The Media Development Authority of Singapore announced in June 2012 that the country's free-to-air TV channels will go fully digital by the end of 2013 using DVB-T2.

ok. it's terrestial off air digital broadcasting. so JB still can get. I know the newer TV models are digital tv ready. great.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not too sure how e thing works as I dun really watch TV. Likely need a TV w digital un-scrambler to watch.
yup for older TVs not digital tv ready, so if don't want to change tv, need to buy a converter box. newer model tvs now have built in decoder (digital tv ready). i heard this from one of the authorities in TV technnology - i.e the courts salesman.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually come next year, singapore will go full digital. no more free air wave singapore tv in malaysia / jb from next year?

Analog reception through TV antenna is poor. esp Channel New Asia, U channel, OKto can't even see image.

With digital DVB-T convertor ( cost less than $40), no problem in receiving Channel News Asia, channel 8, and Channel 5 currently.

With new DVB-T2 coming, ALL channels can receive, some channels in HD.

Definitely can receive, either buy a TV with built-in "DVB-T2" tuner or get a DVB-T2 convertor.

Last edited:

allanckk

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi All,

can anyone share about the security concern at setia eco garden?? there is a main guard post before entering to the share open garden thus is the main guard post are strict for all the outsider visitor?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi All,

can anyone share about the security concern at setia eco garden?? there is a main guard post before entering to the share open garden thus is the main guard post are strict for all the outsider visitor?

so far the guards have been strict.

Last edited: