• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any Singaporean citizen who lives in JB (own house) and work in JB?

sblsbl

my brother is trying to help a producer from Mediacorp Singapore to find a singaporean citizen, who owns a house in jb, stays in jb but commute to work in sg everyday, must be a chinese, u know anyone ar?
He is making a documentary on singaporean buying properties in malaysia...

anyone interested for detail, can provide their names and telephones number, then the producer who will contact to talk about the detail and he or she then can make decision to go ahead or not. :o

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
my brother is trying to help a producer from Mediacorp Singapore to find a singaporean citizen, who owns a house in jb, stays in jb but commute to work in sg everyday, must be a chinese, u know anyone ar?

anyone interested for detail, can provide their names and telephones number, then the producer who will contact to talk about the detail and he or she then can make decision to go ahead or not. :o

If this documentary is made and show Singaporeans living in JB happy happy, then the buying will begin as more Singaporeans look at greener pastures.

I only qualify sometime next month when the move is made.:wink: But I think most would prefer to keep low profile and not appear on TV. Maybe burglars also tune in to the documentary when it is made. Potential targets. Poor people like me don't wish to be impoverished further by burglars just for 30 minutes of "fame" on TV.:p

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

The question is what is in it for the person to put himself/herself in the spotlight especially if he/she is true blue Singaporeans.

Many moved here to keep low profile so they can have lower cost of living and carry on their normal routine in Sg.

In other words, siow boh? Let the whole sg knows you and then maybe the flaming begins.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at the increasing peak hour traffic at 1st and 2nd links, I conclude that there are indeed a lot more Singaporeans staying in JB and working in SG. It is worthwhile to have a film on how young families cope, particularly on how the children attend schools, either in Singapore or Johor. I think this will be of great interest to everyone as it seems to be biggest hurdle.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
can wear pig mask?...like those robbers in e hong kong movie? :p

Last edited:

Ted1108

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at the increasing peak hour traffic at 1st and 2nd links, I conclude that there are indeed a lot more Singaporeans staying in JB and working in SG. It is worthwhile to have a film on how young families cope, particularly on how the children attend schools, either in Singapore or Johor. I think this will be of great interest to everyone as it seems to be biggest hurdle.

Singaporeans life, living in JB and commute to SG for work........ Read this

http://horizonhills.wordpress.com/2013/03/23/what-i-learnt-after-living-in-jbhh-for-4-months/

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Come Dec can add one more to statistic :p

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question is what is in it for the person to put himself/herself in the spotlight especially if he/she is true blue Singaporeans.

Many moved here to keep low profile so they can have lower cost of living and carry on their normal routine in Sg.

In other words, siow boh? Let the whole sg knows you and then maybe the flaming begins.

Actually should not be hard to look for such people since many have set up blogs to talk about their move to JB and daily commute and daily living.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

After interviewing the bloke, the producer should also interview those concerned why queue is most often at the island side and getting longer by the day in spite of the many booths constructed :cool:

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
:o

Why must be chinese?

Just one person not representative. Got kids, no kids different perspective. Employed vs self employed, different issues. Half retired, actively employed also not same same.