• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Oz mortgage payers and people who want to purchase properties can start smiling.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://au.pfinance.yahoo.com/home-loans/features/interest-rate-feb-09/index.html

New Year, New Lows - Interest Rates Cut Again

In a not-so-surprising move, the RBA slashes interest rates by another full percentage point.

Aussie battlers (homeowners, that is) received further relief today as the RBA met for the first time this year to discuss and cut interest rates in response to the rising tide of gloomy economic data.

Their decision? Slash interest rates by a further 100 basis points (one percentage point). This takes the official cash rate down to 3.25 percent, the lowest level since February 1964.

This is the fifth consecutive rate cut, as rates have already been slashed by 300 basis points since September last year, reversing a dozen rate rises between 2002 and early 2008.

The Reserve Bank over the last couple of months has surprised all and sundry with the size of its cuts, and this month was no exception.

Economists say the Reserve Bank is largely free to concentrate on stimulating the economy, with inflation deteriorating rapidly.

The official annual rate of headline inflation slowed from 5 per cent to 3.7 per cent in the December quarter.

ICAP economist Adam Carr says the sharp slump in inflation last quarter is helping the RBA focus solely on boosting the economy, hence the rate cuts.

"They have come to the view that they need to stimulate the economy as quickly as possible and certainly the concerns they had last year about inflation seem to ... have dissipated completely," he said.

By the end of September 2009, the cash rate could hit a record low of 2 per cent, economists say.

Will the banks pass it on?

Consumer advocates and the housing industry called on the banks to pass on any rate cut in full.

If the banks pass on the one percentage point move, homeowners with an average $250,000 on a variable home loan will see $162 shaved off their monthly payments.

"If they don't (pass on the full rate cut), that's going to be pretty damaging for confidence levels that are pretty weak already," said Harley Dale, Housing Industry Association chief economist.

But none of the big four banks are making any promises.

"It is in no one's interest for rates to remain high," an ANZ spokeswoman said.

"There remains considerable uncertainty about the global economic outlook, and financial markets remain very volatile."

Click here to stay up to date on the banks decision to pass on the rate cut.

Interest rates full coverage.

edzhang9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please advise or recommend for the purchase of apartment or shop house for investment and will be best location to purchase. Please note I am seek to migrate to NZ

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please advise or recommend for the purchase of apartment or shop house for investment and will be best location to purchase. Please note I am seek to migrate to NZ

Why NZ unless you want to retire, a nature lover or want a very laid back life style. Its a nice place but not exactly the ideal place for building a career. US, UK or Oz might be better destinations you could consider. Just a suggestion. No offense intended.

edzhang9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your advise . I am 58 and jobless since my retrenchment in 2001 after working for MNC in a senor position for more than 28 years in real estate industry responsible for few mega projects development in Asia. After retrenchment try very hard to secure similar job regardless of salary package via newspaper or internet but received no respond . The only respond was that I am over experiences . It is sad to be drop out in this society at this age therefore seeking other alternative and advise or suggestion .

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for your advise . I am 58 and jobless since my retrenchment in 2001 after working for MNC in a senor position for more than 28 years in real estate industry responsible for few mega projects development in Asia. After retrenchment try very hard to secure similar job regardless of salary package via newspaper or internet but received no respond . The only respond was that I am over experiences . It is sad to be drop out in this society at this age therefore seeking other alternative and advise or suggestion .

There is an age limit (45?) for migration to Australia, but a Business visa is what we called a "visa of last resort". Do take a look at www.immi.gov.au to see what options you have.

People of your age group (Babyboomers) are still be sought after in the Australian workplace. But if you are prepared to start from a lower position, your chances of getting employment is good.

Qualification matters but your recent track record is even more important in seeking work. Anyway, in Australia, we do not look down on people's jobs, even that construction worker who hold the SLOW/STOP lollipop sign earns up to $80k a year standing in the sun or rain. :biggrin:

edzhang9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your advise. As my Qualification is B.Sc. in real estate management . I did send my resume to HR Company and Recuirtment Agency via internet since last year (June) but received no respond. Sorry to bother you . Could you assist by giving me the contacts . As for salary concern. I am easy cause I still have some fund in CPF . Alternatively I can consider to set up Consultancy firms in Business Development aspect for investors seeking tie up with Asian Chinese Tycoons in Real Estate Industry as my Network contact with some of the Leading Corporate CEO and Owners are still in tact . Many a time these contacts did ask for opportunities.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm sorry but if you are 58, then I think it would be a bit of problem for you. Your age is going to be the major barrier for you when it comes to migration. Oz will not accept any skilled migrants >45 and NZ has got a cap of I think 54years (not sure, please check the NZ immigration website). Unless you are a distinguished talent in your field of discipline, its going to be very difficult for someone of your age. Please however consult a migration consultant as he might know some 'back door' methods in securing a PR. Alternatively, you could send your son or daughter to study in Oz or NZ, get them to apply for a PR after that and try to get a parent visa through them.

All the Best.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your advise. As my Qualification is B.Sc. in real estate management . I did send my resume to HR Company and Recuirtment Agency via internet since last year (June) but received no respond. Sorry to bother you . Could you assist by giving me the contacts . As for salary concern. I am easy cause I still have some fund in CPF . Alternatively I can consider to set up Consultancy firms in Business Development aspect for investors seeking tie up with Asian Chinese Tycoons in Real Estate Industry as my Network contact with some of the Leading Corporate CEO and Owners are still in tact . Many a time these contacts did ask for opportunities.

Hey we are from the same industry! But I am younger and charming ! heehee. Are you interested in joining hands to scope a semi-mega development in Melbourne ? Juz kidding if you think i am a small boy..

edzhang9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not? Please note an Australian initialed one of the tallest Office Tower Development in Asia and succeed when most of the Asia investors are shying always during the economic crisis in the 90s

It was almost an impossible assignment when I was assigned to source for Asian partners to participate in this project as joint venture. Due to my perseverance, I managed and succeeded. Initially it was very tough to source but once succeed many offers and opportunities pour in.

Real Estate Business is a unique and challenging business. Many corporation or investors would love to involve or associate with this industry during the boom time because it generates Hugh and substantial profits.

During this financial meltdown crisis, it will be excellent opportunities to capitalize the situation and turn into profitability opportunities.

From my experience, nothing is impossible as long as it is genuine projects and with strong determination and perseverance, success is within the range.

Care to provide me detail of project if you are serious and interest to explore further with me.