• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bandar Seri Alam , Masai Community

oracle76

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm moving to this neighbourhood soon , and would like to start a community discussion .

Anyone can recommend a Chinese restaurant in Bandar Seri Alam area ? throwing a birthday party for my Mother In Law next month ... Cheers ...:smile:

oracle76

Alfrescian
Loyal
Share Some Photos :smile:

Bandar Seri Alam Location
SA_Bandar_Seri_Alam_Grand_Executive_Apartment_Location_M.jpg

Bandar Seri Alam City Plan
Seri-alam-03.jpg

Amansari Resort
HI127246439.jpg

Christine Golf
photos_21623_318815.jpg

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm moving to this neighbourhood soon , and would like to start a community discussion .

Anyone can recommend a Chinese restaurant in Bandar Seri Alam area ? throwing a birthday party for my Mother In Law next month ... Cheers ...:smile:

Grand Straits Garden 新湖滨花园海鲜楼

Amansari Resort. But I've never tried before. But I think the place is nice, though no comment on food quality. But can check other reviews here http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Resta...s-Johor_Bahru_Johor_Bahru_District_Johor.html

oracle76

Alfrescian
Loyal
More schools and hospital in Bandar Seri Alam/Pasir Gudang .... do we really need that much of hospital and schools ? :P

http://www.starproperty.my/index.ph...government-building-hospital-and-two-schools/

JOHOR BARU: Several public projects by the Federal and the State Governments are coming up in the Pasir Gudang constituency within the next one to two years.

Pasir Gudang MP Normala Abd Samad said the projects were the public hospital and two schools by the Federal Government and the upgrading of a public market by the state government.

She said the Pasir Gudang public hospital would be built at Jalan Gunung in Bandar Seri Alam township, while the primary and the secondary schools to be located in Taman Scientex in Masai.

“The hospital is to cater for the medical needs of about 350,000 residents from Pasir Gudang and nearby areas,’’ said Normala.

She said this when met at the opening the Johor Baru Guangxi Association building at Bandar Baru Permas Jaya here on Sunday.

Normala said the project had already received approval from the Health Ministry and now waiting for the financial allocation from the Finance Ministry before it could start.

She said under the phase one of the project, the facility would be a full-fledged district hospital with 100 beds costing about RM150mil, and the number of beds would be increased to 300 under its future expansion.

“This is good news for many Pasir Gudang residents who have been waiting to have a public hospital in the area for many years,’’ added Normala.

Presently, Pasir Gudang residents seeking medical treatment at public hospitals would have to go to Hospital Sultan Ismail in Pandan or Hospital Sultanah Aminah in Johor Baru.

Separately, she said the primary and the secondary schools in Taman Scientex, Masai could accommodate about 2,000 students each.

Normala said the upgrading of the Masai public market by the state government would provide a better place for the existing wet market traders to operate their businesses and comfort for market goers.

“Only local wet market traders will be given the place at the new the new market building including those operating outside the existing market now,’’ she added.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Came upon this blog http://masaipedia.blogspot.sg/

Too bad the postings stopped in late September 2011. If only the blogwriter keep updating it, it is a good source of information to get more acquainted with BSA.

Very interesting of a town...I don't frequent my a lot but this small community town seems to be quite tranquil and present...not to mention of the simplicity of amenities they have...maybe can request blogger to continue...cheers

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

Amansari Resort. But I've never tried before. But I think the place is nice, though no comment on food quality. But can check other reviews here http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Resta...s-Johor_Bahru_Johor_Bahru_District_Johor.html

I have been there. It's a very quiet and isolated place at the Amansari resort.

But the food is great and the cooks are good. The Straits Garden branch is part of a bigger restaurant chain in Johor.
Pricing is very reasonable, environment is ok and the food standard is quite good.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who are living in BSA, or considering it, and wondering how to get to CIQ Woodlands.

There is only one public transport bus, which you can board at a spot opposite the bus stop located below Today's Market (next to petrol station). The bus will take you to CIQ Woodlands before ending at Larkin. Bus fare is RM3.40 and journey is about 40 minutes. What I did not like about the bus journey was that the driver drove and at the same time keyed into the fare machine for printing out tickets to passengers. He has to keep an eye on the road and at the same time press the right spots on the touch pad machine. Dangerous thing to do!:eek:

Of course the fastest way is to get a cab and reach CIQ in 20min, costing about RM20 to RM30, depending whether you use meter or not.:biggrin:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who are living in BSA, or considering it, and wondering how to get to CIQ Woodlands.

There is only one public transport bus, which you can board at a spot opposite the bus stop located below Today's Market (next to petrol station). The bus will take you to CIQ Woodlands before ending at Larkin. Bus fare is RM3.40 and journey is about 40 minutes. What I did not like about the bus journey was that the driver drove and at the same time keyed into the fare machine for printing out tickets to passengers. He has to keep an eye on the road and at the same time press the right spots on the touch pad machine. Dangerous thing to do!:eek:

Of course the fastest way is to get a cab and reach CIQ in 20min, costing about RM20 to RM30, depending whether you use meter or not.:biggrin:

the bas will take you to CIQ woodlands? you sure not? CIQ Johor (sultan iskandar building ) isit? mys bus driver very skillful one don worry. i ever take bus in KL they drive on the pedestrian sidewalk to cut the jam.

can cham siong with a cab driver you like, then assign him specific schedule every week.. then ask bulk discount. can bargain one! t

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
the bas will take you to CIQ woodlands? you sure not? CIQ Johor (sultan iskandar building ) isit? mys bus driver very skillful one don worry. i ever take bus in KL they drive on the pedestrian sidewalk to cut the jam.

can cham siong with a cab driver you like, then assign him specific schedule every week.. then ask bulk discount. can bargain one! t

LOL! Sorry my mistake, CIQ Johor side it is! Was trying to say it is not CIQ Tuas side lah.:p

But I will surely consider your suggestion to bargain with cab driver.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL! Sorry my mistake, CIQ Johor side it is! Was trying to say it is not CIQ Tuas side lah.:p

But I will surely consider your suggestion to bargain with cab driver.

I think its better to buy 2nd hand MYVI tog. with season parking near CIQ JB. That's what some of my colleagues are doing (living in Bukit Indah, Johor Jaya etc).

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think its better to buy 2nd hand MYVI tog. with season parking near CIQ JB. That's what some of my colleagues are doing (living in Bukit Indah, Johor Jaya etc).

What would be price of 2nd hand car and monthly season parking? Is it difficult to find parking space? Must drive out early to secure parking space? How long would that take. Currently my traveling time from home in BSA to office in town is just below one hour. But this requires waking up at insane 5am in the morning.:(

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
What would be price of 2nd hand car and monthly season parking? Is it difficult to find parking space? Must drive out early to secure parking space? How long would that take. Currently my traveling time from home in BSA to office in town is just below one hour. But this requires waking up at insane 5am in the morning.:(

They buy season parking at the CIQ multi-storey parking complex. Alternatively, you can consider City Sq as well? These are the safer but more ex options. There's also another wide parking space near Bukit Chagar, but it's a distance to walk over to the carpark, esp at night.

If your working hours are quite fixed, another way is to charter private vehicles that can take you to SG & back to JB. But your working hours do really need to be quite fixed for this method to work!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Finally had dinner there last Saturday. Wanted to eat famous crabs but no stock, need to order. And don't want to waste money on softshelled crabs, so settled for a few ala carte dishes and typical zichar. Excellent was the gung bao chicken, the fried prawns with chicken floss, yang chow fried rice. Cost is RM153 for 9 dishes. Overall food feedback is good to excellent. But I am no food connoisseur so maybe other people got higher taste than me.:biggrin:

Last edited:

oracle76

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally had dinner there last Saturday. Wanted to eat famous crabs but no stock, need to order. And don't want to waste money on softshelled crabs, so settled for a few ala carte dishes and typical zichar. Excellent was the gung bao chicken, the fried prawns with chicken floss, yang chow fried rice. Cost is RM153 for 9 dishes. Overall food feedback is good to excellent. But I am no food connoisseur so maybe other people got higher taste than me.:biggrin:

Yup . The food there is really good and value for money . Definitely will visit the place again ...

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's for sure value for money....

I have been there twice and will likely go there again. Excellent dining place

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had our first guests from Singapore last evening. Show them around a bit though still WIP in some areas. My friend commented that a mutual friend had bought a landed property in Singapore (smaller in size) at around S$1.2 million about 3 years ago. Mine in BSA cost around S$300K, I already very contented and happy. No way I can cough out S$1.2 million or more for a landed property in Singapore. Cough blood more likely.:biggrin:

RC1985

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys, first post here :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Am thinking of getting a house in Bandar Seri Alam too, though just wondering if it is under Unifi coverage with a 2-year free VIP5 plan like in Seri Austin? I checked Unifi's website for coverage but not sure if the 'Bandar Seri Alam' addresses correspond to UM Land's new developments..

Thanks for the help!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys, first post here :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Am thinking of getting a house in Bandar Seri Alam too, though just wondering if it is under Unifi coverage with a 2-year free VIP5 plan like in Seri Austin? I checked Unifi's website for coverage but not sure if the 'Bandar Seri Alam' addresses correspond to UM Land's new developments..

Thanks for the help!

My TM Unifi was recently installed but only left with free internet till June :(