• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ways to Save Petrol in your Car

activez

Just to share some tips in saving petrol in your car...

1) Do try to pump petrol in the morning hours, as this is the period (cooler temperature) whereby the petrol are denser, thus you will be getting more petrol per litre

2) Do top up your petrol tank when its half-filled rather than its near to empty tank.

3) Do reduce the load, esp in the boot area, of your car.

4) Do turn off the aircon, esp at night.

5) Do adjust your driving habit, such as not pressing too hard on the accelerator unnecessarily etc

If you have other good tips, pls share them here...

davsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
more tips to save [petrol.

1. don't travel too far off course to top up.

2. don't wait until almost empty then top up. to avoid 1.

3. do fill up at the lowest speed at the station. some said fill up quickly can result in lost of some petrol via vapour.

4. park under cool shade. air con work less hard later. plus do not know if any petrol will vapourised off in the hot air.

5. some car make (kow toyota one) to roll like bicycle. can keep going for a very good distance without pressing the petrol.

6. avoid petrol station that do not have air pump working. they save cost but your tire will be under inflated until you find a working pump. so got to put the message thru. want to sell petrol got to provide working air pump.

davsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
also consider these.

1. make your car/bus/lorry aero dynamic. remove the extra part that causes drake.

2. change to a smaller car.
fit claim 1 ltr can travel 24km.

3. share a car if going to same place.

Spud_Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend who own 1 say it's only abt 14-16 at best. :biggrin:

Sometime car manuf test em in outer space and post the spec on earth... Haizz..:p
well, manuf tend to usually proclaim better results, or not how to sell, right?

my friend's driving a Jazz.. usually 16 to 18, depending on road conditions.. but it's still pretty gd compared to others..

forumer

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend who own 1 say it's only abt 14-16 at best. :biggrin:

Sometime car manuf test em in outer space and post the spec on earth... Haizz..:p

that's based on the japan 10-15 cycle testing method... not relevant in our context. Best to get reviews from owners.. oneshift website got quite accurate fuel consumption figures from owners

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that there was a test done by an independent lab on the various types of fuel available here and the findings were published in the Wheels & Motoring mag. The results showed thay if one is "light-footed" i.e. does not rev the engine beyond 2500 rpm, go for EXXON 95 whilst for "heavy-footed" drivers who rev the engine at 3000 rpm and beyond, SHELL 95 ron is the best.

If I can locate the report, will try to re-produce it here, Cheers

xtrocious

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get a hybrid car.

Just a note - Top Gear in its latest season did a test with a Toyota Prius and a BMW M3...

They got the Prius to do 1 lap around their race track at the fastest speed it could go and got the M3 to tail the Prius...

They found that the Prius actually consumed more petrol doing that fast lap than the M3...hahah

Their conclusion - get the right car for the right job :p

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually cannot like that do test one...

reason:-
if i drive a m3, i want to go fast. hence i drive fast...

If i drive a hybrid, i want to save petrol, i will do all that is necessary to strech my mileage...

If i want to us the M3 to save petrol, or teh hybrid to go fast.... i will probably end up with screwy test results... hahaha which is most of the test done by jeremy and his gang anyway...

but yes, end of the day, use the right car for the right job...

Boss_555

Alfrescian
Loyal
FYI. The government wants you to spend $$$$$ on petrol.

You buy a hybrid car the government will impost high import tax for the system end up paying at lease 10k to 15k more.

CNG going to have a 180% tax increase by early next year. (CNG takes donkey years for it to be installed island wide.) For those who installed CNG is going in for a rude shock next year.

Government currently tax 40-50% in petrol. It make no sense to import new technologies to help the public...

davsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
microsoft, greetings.

was so bad. only 60% of that in spec.
i though in worse conditions still can go 20.

looks like ah honda really push it a bit too far.