• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Giving way to FTs

A

Alu862

Discuss about this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfettered import of foreigners may exact a huge political cost to PAP. Too many low quality PRs and foreigners holding middle level jobs will also lead to lower productivity and efficiency.

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun we already reaslised that very long time ago.
those low pay and dirty task,no singaporean want to do it.
so bo bian,those employers have to go for "FT".
just like bro david said lor.

not only our country,other countries are also doing it,this is a trend.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rubbish collectors, cleaners, floor sweepers, toilet cleaners, and low pay dirty task jobs are middle level jobs?

Wins88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think most FT's either do jobs we don't want, or fill positions in which our populace do not have the skills to fill. In my company, FT's occupy positions which are jobs in which no Singaporean even wanna apply for when we do recruitment!

Soundwave

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without FTs, sinkie will be collecting rubish, sweeping floors, cleaning toilets. :biggrin:

Could be worst! NS to collect rubbish, sweep floors and clean toilets! :eek: Oh wait that would rob the elderly of their means of earning a living! :(

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think most FT's either do jobs we don't want, or fill positions in which our populace do not have the skills to fill. In my company, FT's occupy positions which are jobs in which no Singaporean even wanna apply for when we do recruitment!

What types of jobs are these which your company advertise and no S'poreans apply?

gambler

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets face it, if the FTs dont come in, we will not be able to have enough Sporeans to do all the jobs available. Some will say, they can do a better jobs than the FTs, sure, employers are humans afterall, there will be cases like that, but mostly, if you can prove yourself, you will get your opportunity .... dont complain this complain that, prove your worth ...

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I support the Govt FT policy. In fact they should import ten to twenty times more FT. This is the only way to abolish NS.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets face it, if the FTs dont come in, we will not be able to have enough Sporeans to do all the jobs available. Some will say, they can do a better jobs than the FTs, sure, employers are humans afterall, there will be cases like that, but mostly, if you can prove yourself, you will get your opportunity .... dont complain this complain that, prove your worth ...

If the FT policy is not handled carefully, S'pore may end up having a high cost low productivity economy.