• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Brazil, Argentina face semi-final showdown at Olympics

xavier69

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's your pick guys? Will Brazil the five-time World Cup winners but never Olympic champions triumph against Argentina?

Personally, I pick Brazil. :smile:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's your pick guys? Will Brazil the five-time World Cup winners but never Olympic champions triumph against Argentina?

Personally, I pick Brazil. :smile:

me want brazil 2 win :smile: but tink argentina wil instead ... :o

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brazil won the World Cup in Korea/Japan 2002. I think they can win the Olympic gold in Beijing 2008.

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
i tink maybe Brazil will go thru,they are more hungry for the medal.
though they dominate the World Cup,they have not won anything in Olympic.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
indeed argentina didn't disappoint me.....they look very impressive against brazil.....they shld have not much problem overcoming nigeria.....:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was a letdown instead of a showdown. Brazil simply lost the plot and collpased. Argentina walked over.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
brazil lost coz they try 2 play defensive......itz not their forte.....they should have opt 4 an attacking formation.....but what else can we expect when dunga is their coach.....

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
very disappointed with the result of the Brazil vs Argentina match.
think Nigeria will give Argentina a run of the Gold.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
argentina have a couple of fantastic player....when messi or riquelme did not do well in the semi.....up step aguero 2 do the scoring.....nigeria is good attacking......a close fight but argentina can win this olympics soccer final....:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
guess it will be argentina to get the gold :biggrin:

Countries like Brazil and Argentina pay their national footballers very little allowance, for token only. These players make most of their money from club salaries and commercial sponsorships. So you may ask, what then makes them commit to play well for their countries? The international stage, like the World Cup or the Olympics, is like a supermarket and stockmarket combined. It's a auctioneer's showroom where their values in terms of club salaries and commercial sponsorship can rise astronomically if they perform well.

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
a bit disappointed with Brazil,before this match,they let in none.
in this match alone,they let in 3 goals.

Nigeria will give Argentina a run for the Gold.
Argentina will have revenge on their mind for their previous lost in Olympic to Nigeria.
i still think Argentina will win the Gold.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Brazil youth team is weak! To think they can actually beat our senior national team, fattened with foreigners, 3-0?? Goes to show the state of our soccer standards!!

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
our so called FT in our national soccer team r just good 4 playing secondary school soccer.....at least our national table tennis team win a silver medal.....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
our so called FT in our national soccer team r just good 4 playing secondary school soccer.....at least our national table tennis team win a silver medal.....

Not only Singapore football, but overall SEA football is going down the drains. Only Singapore and Thailand managed to make it to the World Cup qualifying group stage, but both got summarily knocked out. Same case with waterpolo, where Singapore is king in SEA, but failed to even qualify to contest in the Olympics.