• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Southkey

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the Ad -

1 Bedroom 676sqft & 758sqft From RM 720 Psf
2 Bedroom 904sqft From RM 660 Psf
2+1 Bedroom 1074sqft & 1131sqft From RM 633 Psf
3+1 Bedroom 1465sqft & 1509sqft From RM 620 Psf
VVIP Preview Special For Choice Units !!!

Looks reasonable and cheap. LH vs FH does not matter if location is good.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the commercial units got great potential, better than the condos. Entire road has been sealed off now, probably for road expansion works.....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the Ad -

1 Bedroom 676sqft & 758sqft From RM 720 Psf
2 Bedroom 904sqft From RM 660 Psf
2+1 Bedroom 1074sqft & 1131sqft From RM 633 Psf
3+1 Bedroom 1465sqft & 1509sqft From RM 620 Psf
VVIP Preview Special For Choice Units !!!

Looks reasonable and cheap. LH vs FH does not matter if location is good.

Well, it matters a lot to me :p

Do note that fuel subsidy has been cut. I expect developments near amenities to shoot up in demand and prices.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
any recommendations for FH condos ?

There are quite a number in Tebrau/Austin area. They represent lower entry cost and better rental value to me. But prices are generally below $500k RM for 1-3 bedroom units so foreigners are out.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are quite a number in Tebrau/Austin area. They represent lower entry cost and better rental value to me. But prices are generally below $500k RM for 1-3 bedroom units so foreigners are out.

Having said that, those are my own views only. Good for you to talk to the agents and see the sites/units for yourself.

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
any recommendations for FH condos ?

What are your criteria? Some like V summerplace selling point is near CIQ / proposed MRT extension.
Others are selling lifestyle - with premium price.....

If ur buying Medini hyper then look in zone B

If pure PSF lower price then look at old condo resale, if want new, but dont mind location 8scape at 5xx psf.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
What are your criteria? Some like V summerplace selling point is near CIQ / proposed MRT extension.
Others are selling lifestyle - with premium price.....

If ur buying Medini hyper then look in zone B

If pure PSF lower price then look at old condo resale, if want new, but dont mind location 8scape at 5xx psf.

I don't buy the Medini hype and some of the new condo launches seem cheesy despite the glossy marketing. I would go for conveniently located freehold condos below $500 psf. But I prefer landed, especially in locations where condos are just starting come up because they represent scarcity of land and demand for housing in that area.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
But I prefer landed, especially in locations where condos are just starting come up because they represent scarcity of land and demand for housing in that area.

But what are you going to do with landed? Rent it out? Furnishing it would represent significant upfront cost (eg aircon, lights, fans, grilles, alarm, wet kitchen...). Can we hit RM 2.5K for double storey terrace?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
But what are you going to do with landed? Rent it out? Furnishing it would represent significant upfront cost (eg aircon, lights, fans, grilles, alarm, wet kitchen...). Can we hit RM 2.5K for double storey terrace?

Yes, I thought about it for quite some time. If the rental is insufficient, it is okay to rent out to cover interest and some instalment. Treat the other part of instalment as putting savings into a piggy bank, in this case, the piggy bank is the house. Wait for capital appreciation. I'm an average guy in the street. To me this is better than putting savings into a bank and wait for depreciation or some sophisticated financial instruments that I don't understand and lose my capital.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I thought about it for quite some time. If the rental is insufficient, it is okay to rent out to cover interest and some instalment. Treat the other part of instalment as putting savings into a piggy bank, in this case, the piggy bank is the house. Wait for capital appreciation. I'm an average guy in the street. To me this is better than putting savings into a bank and wait for depreciation or some sophisticated financial instruments that I don't understand and lose my capital.

Humm......sounds reasonable.... I will probably try to sell my unit for RM 150K-200K profits (net) next yr, failing which I will try to rent it out for RM 2-2.5K as you said. I see gd potential in Tebrau region, esp when Southkey & RTS (JB to SG only) are completed.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Humm......sounds reasonable.... I will probably try to sell my unit for RM 150K-200K profits (net) next yr, failing which I will try to rent it out for RM 2-2.5K as you said. I see gd potential in Tebrau region, esp when Southkey & RTS (JB to SG only) are completed.

rental with fully furnished or kosong?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
rental with fully furnished or kosong?

Furnishing cost still ok...I dont mind renting out fully furnished at RM 2.5K-2.7K for new double storey corner lot. Fridge, TV, washing machine, cheapo courts furniture dont cost a lot and can usually last 1.

More concerned with reno cost for live-in....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
LH or FH? I think that areas are leasehold 99 yrs. Correct me if I am wrong...

Heard that it's leaseholdof 88 years. After TOP, 84 years left. That's why I think commercial units is a better buy than residential here. Number 1 consideration of commerical units is traffic flow. The rest not so impt. This is from my experience in retail biz (for personal and company). And MY can renew leases one mah.....unlike SG....haha

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard that it's leaseholdof 88 years. After TOP, 84 years left. That's why I think commercial units is a better buy than residential here. Number 1 consideration of commerical units is traffic flow. The rest not so impt. This is from my experience in retail biz (for personal and company). And MY can renew leases one mah.....unlike SG....haha

If buying for stay or rental I would prefer buying landed.. currently too many condos being launched. Too many choices for rental in future.

Buy the land is still more practical especially in up and coming locations.. I agree that Medini is probably a bit too hyped up.. no offense intended for those who bought over there.. just my opinion.

ElfieFay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mosaic SouthKey JB

Went to Mosaic SouthKey OpenHse on Sunday 23rd July 2017.

View few actual empty units n the 7th floor big garden landscape n also the 34th floor sky lounge or function rm.. lots of window n sunlight in living rm n master bd rm.. even d toilet has a big window meaning "almost" ceiling to floor window..

99yrs LeaseHold. It's a new condo but the land it sit on is already 16yrs old. They wasted 16yrs. Left 83yrs bcos they started to build this condo just few years back. Most buyers r Malaysian.

Last edited: