• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What if Anwar become PM of Malaysia?

A

Alu862

What if Anwar become PM of Malaysia? What will SG-Malaysia relations be like?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect he would settle lots of old scores with his enemies where he wouldn't have so much time to serve the people.

It's not meant as a joke. :p

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
the former PM - Mahatir states that he will migrate.
can expect a lot of his nemisis and opponents to tremble and look for cover.
actually not many Malaysian will want him to become PM.

guy2100

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rise of the Golden Age for Singapore-Malaysia relations. The demise of racial politics from both sides of the causeway and humanity working for the common good.

UMNO-PAP relationship has always been based on distrust and the feeding of fear on their respective population. It is self-destructive and eventually destroys the already fragile fabric of race relations in both countries.

The Pakatan Rakyat, which is virtually a multiracial party led by Anwar will espouse a more even playing field for all races in Malaysia and will probably strengthen Malaysia-Singapore relationship.

tate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting, I wonder if Anwar will be sympathatic to the opposition. Afterall, he is the opposition now :P

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
as if the country is not messy enough.
with him in the parliament,i think Malaysia is going to be lagi messy.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has the charisma to be a strong leader that malaysia need badly.

Yes, he does have the charisma years back before he was thrown into jail. After he came out, I feel he has changed. If he was PM then, good. Now, I am not so sure.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The rise of the Golden Age for Singapore-Malaysia relations. The demise of racial politics from both sides of the causeway and humanity working for the common good.

UMNO-PAP relationship has always been based on distrust and the feeding of fear on their respective population. It is self-destructive and eventually destroys the already fragile fabric of race relations in both countries.

The Pakatan Rakyat, which is virtually a multiracial party led by Anwar will espouse a more even playing field for all races in Malaysia and will probably strengthen Malaysia-Singapore relationship.

i doubt so, UMNO & PAP remain closely bond to each other. Most use each other to drum up nationalistic support from the masses whenever one of them kenna hit with domestic trouble. ie, UMNO supporting publications will hit out at Spore aka PAP when UMNO want Msians distract from inflations/curroption/cronism.

Lao Lee himself had bashed Msia on numerous occassion too, commenting JB like cowboy town, claimed msian law makers are taking bribe etc. Despite all these nonsenses coming from both sides, both of them know they need each other to continue ruling the masses.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In this term very unlikely Anwar will become PM but he 99% will win election. Very hard to find at least 30MPs to crossover. Those crossover need to think very hard event if been offer a lots on money. Many people will hate crossover MPs. People will treat them as traitor and may not live long enough might be kill by theirs own people and people on the street that vote him.
But some MPs might think of pulling out from the BN but will not join Opposition there will be nuetral and will be more powerful than Oppsition and BN because final total vote will depend on which side they are voting.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the former PM - Mahatir states that he will migrate.
can expect a lot of his nemisis and opponents to tremble and look for cover.
actually not many Malaysian will want him to become PM.

Dr.M, will run helter skelter first, if Anwar becomes the PM, for his backside will be the first he will screw... ha ha ha ha..joke lah!:biggrin:...no joke no fun!... no....what... no?:wink:

Dr. M Can temprarily out up at Oxley Rise...and we will have two grumpy old men, and throw in the neighbour at the Instana, we have three grumpy old men..:rolleyes:

Mighty Megatron

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is a scary thought. For some reason I don't find him trustworthy. With him I will always need to watch and cover my backside! :biggrin: