• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Freak Election Results...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
according to the deputy political editor, Paul Jacob, a freak election result is when the PAP is out of power and i quote in disdain: and if enough people did that, would there be freak election results with the PAP thrown out of office? end-quote.

any righteous and intelligent being living in a truly democratic world especially in Singapore, a First World nation, will come to terms that her Government will be freely elected in the General Elections, and which ever political party that garners the most votes would hold the reins.

does the PAP necessarily be the Government all the time? in the free elections, any individual and/or political party members capable of garnering enough votes for themselves deserves a seat in the Parliament; and if his/her and/or their ideas and convictions resonates amongst the peoples, so be it.

freak elections result? perhaps only in a dictatorial and/or fascist state would this term ever surface.

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your latest sentence "freak elections result? perhaps only in a dictatorial and/or fascist state would this term ever surface" makes perfect sense.

I think someone remarked that in a truly functioning democracy, would any election result, whether it entrenches or removes the incumbent, be considered "freak", which is another way of saying what you have just said.:smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
according to the deputy political editor, Paul Jacob, a freak election result is when the PAP is out of power and i quote in disdain: and if enough people did that, would there be freak election results with the PAP thrown out of office? end-quote.
This guy is becoming more absurd by the day. Why would a country have a freak elections if the institutions of democracy are present. Unless he doubts one exists or the people do not think one exist and are heading towards a freak elections ( nice and new term for the outdated and new term of revolution.)

If old man had done it right and and he was warned of this by Huntington and then Zakaria, this would not happen.

The best part of the new format from the Toa Payoh Brothel is that it puts the Sr Journalist on the spot with their views instead of just handling news. Just early this week, our erstwhile and apolitical news editor Dominic Nathan lamented about society not returning their plates at the Suntec food court and suggested that FT was the way to go. Why hide behind the dirty dishes of suntec for a shot at boosting the FT policy.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
... Why hide behind the dirty dishes of suntec for a shot at boosting the FT policy ...

on 20/20, i thought the very mention of the returning of dirty trays hit one of the underlying problem of our society, we have been too reliant and fast losing our resilience...

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
freak elections result? perhaps only in a dictatorial and/or fascist state would this term ever surface.

In Singapore opposition winning is a freak election result because you have three parties with nothing in common having a majority of seats and no clear leader.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
In Singapore opposition winning is a freak election result because you have three parties with nothing in common having a majority of seats and no clear leader.

Singaporeans will then have to depend on a coalition government. they've voted for it, and they will have to stand by their choice for the full term before the next General Elections. what freak results could you be talking about?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many Singaporeans are blinded by PAP scaremongering rhetoric. There's no such thing as a freak election result. An election result is a valid result unless the voters are freaks. Are you a freak?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans will then have to depend on a coalition government. they've voted for it, and they will have to stand by their choice for the full term before the next General Elections. what freak results could you be talking about?

What if a coalition cannot be formed? Coalitions are the freakiest results I can think of. If the SDP led by that Benedict Arnold won 43 seats at least someone is in control. With a coalition, any party can make demands and threaten to overthrow the government.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
What if a coalition cannot be formed? Coalitions are the freakiest results I can think of. If the SDP led by that Benedict Arnold won 43 seats at least someone is in control. With a coalition, any party can make demands and threaten to overthrow the government.

coalition government is the freakiest you can think of? didn't SM Goh talk of a Swiss Standard of Living? Switzerland has a coalition government since late 1950s, are you saying our esteemed SM Goh has a freak taste for our standards of living? :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
... Haven't we been having freak election results all this time? ...

with 1.1~1.2 million eligible voters being unable to vote due to walk-overs during the last GE... they have my sympathies...

Last edited:

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
not freak results lah.
i think more of a lousy strategies of the opposition.
they are just not united and each party's has their own agenda,even though on the surface,they show the unity.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Shitty Times Paul Jacob is cut from the same cloth as his lady boss Chua Lee Hoong, probably from her skirt. He has the gall and audacity to ask and comment as follows:

"Still what puzzles me is this: Why does the Government feel it must be responsible for providing an alternative channel for the opposition to make inroads into Parliament?...I do not accept that the odds are stacked overwhelming against the opposition in a General Election..."

Hello Paul Jacob are you so blinded by the 'bolt of red lightning' and your pathetic attempt to arse kiss and wipe your PAP masters that you fail or perhaps appear to intentionally fail to acknowledge that PAP is just continuing to manipulate the political system to further entrench its one party REAL political dominance while handing out scraps of fake and contrived 'alternative voices' to hoodwink the public?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
It just illustrates once again LKY and PAPs contempt of the intelligence of the Sinkees. And 66.6% of Sinkees willingly accept and crave for more insults and contempt every 5 years:rolleyes:

Your latest sentence "freak elections result? perhaps only in a dictatorial and/or fascist state would this term ever surface" makes perfect sense.

I think someone remarked that in a truly functioning democracy, would any election result, whether it entrenches or removes the incumbent, be considered "freak", which is another way of saying what you have just said.:smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

In any country where democracy exist even in shades his comment will be laughed at and the press would have a field day. The President might even have to step in to see if his mental health needs to be reviewed.

Admittedly making the wrong choice means setup and decline in some instances but thats how one tempers the institution of democracy. How this becomes a "freak elections" is beyond me.

As Ramseth said, it scaremongering rhetoric and overtime, its becomes embedded in the psyche.

P'firo is right that he is indeed insulting the intelligence of the Singaporean.