• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why if we migrate to melbourne, we must learn to drive properly.

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
<p>but we sinkies are world class drivers.&nbsp;&nbsp;
</p>
<h3 class="post-title entry-title"><a href="http://dieformysins.blogspot.com/2007/08/racism-in-melbourne.html">Racism in Melbourne</a>
</h3>
<div style="text-align: justify;">In one particular way, moving to Melbourne from Perth was more confronting than moving to Perth from Serbia. Moving to Perth, I knew that I would be living in a more socially progressive environment, and I was right right. Moving to Melbourne, I expected the same - Melbourne being the "cultural capital" and all, I thought it was going to be leftier-than-left (or certainly more so than Perth) - but was quite disappointed.
<br />
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;">Perth's main problem is racism towards indigenous people, which is quite a big issue, but at least one that people are acutely aware of. Whereas in Melbourne, <b>racism towards "Asians" (anyone who vaguely looks like they're from somewhere to the east of Europe, the west of America and to the general north of Australia) is quite shocking</b>, and I have not once heard ANYONE bring up the topic - apart from when they're actually <i>being</i> racist.
<br />
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;">It's nothing that you notice straight away, but the more you interact with the locals, to more <b>you notice a persistent, casual racism that seems to have become completely acceptable. The saddest thing is that I've heard it from people who I would not have expected it from - mostly Uni of Melbourne students</b> - who have, in a more general sense, turned out to be quite a bit more right-of-centre than I thought they would. I suppose that points to my own personal sin of assuming that tertiary education makes you more socially progressive, by osmosis if nothing else.
<br />
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;">Examples of the stuff that I've heard from people:
<br />
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;">"The Peel is really Asian."
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;"><b>"God, I'm driving like an Asian."</b>
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;">"There's so many Asians at uni, they're all doing Medicine or Commerce, and they can't even speak English."
<br />
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;">The most offensive thing is that these gems get thrown around quite casually - obviously having been said so many times that they've lost any shock effect they might have carried. <b>I got into a discussion with an American guy about how Australians are generally un-PC, and yes, while Americans tend to take political correctness to its extreme, he had an excellent point. His generation in America is growing up being actively taught that racism and racial stereotyping and profiling is not acceptable; whereas, in Australia, that's left to people to work out for themselves - which sometimes works, but most of the time, people simply will not change their way of thinking unless they're actively <i>challenged</i> to do that</b>. But I suppose it that would be unastrayan.
<br />
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;">And, of course, there's the<b> brilliant Today Tonight slash 60 Minutes slash A Current Affair</b>, with segments like "<font size="5"><b>Asian immigration rates reach European immigrations rates: what can be done to stem the flow". And <i>no one reacts</i>.</b></font>&nbsp;Well, I suppose that makes sense, since we all got bored with that whole "multiculturalism" caper. Who needs Pauline Hanson when you have a lazy, apolitical and indifferent public, right?
<br />
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;">And I cannot for the life of me figure out why gay guys (not just in Melbourne, but in most places) tend to be so persistently racist. In my book, if you've felt prejudice on your own skin, that gives you a responsibility to not perpetuate disparaging stereotypes, <i>because you know what that feels like.</i>
</div>

Last edited:

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
</p>
<h3 class="post-title entry-title"><a href="http://dieformysins.blogspot.com/2007/08/racism-in-melbourne.html">Racism in Melbourne</a>
</h3>
<div style="text-align: justify;">In one particular way, moving to Melbourne from Perth was more confronting than moving to Perth from Serbia. Moving to Perth, I knew that I would be living in a more socially progressive environment, and I was right right. Moving to Melbourne, I expected the same - Melbourne being the "cultural capital" and all, I thought it was going to be leftier-than-left (or certainly more so than Perth) - but was quite disappointed.
<br />
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;">Perth's main problem is racism towards indigenous people, which is quite a big issue, but at least one that people are acutely aware of. Whereas in Melbourne, <b>racism towards "Asians" (anyone who vaguely looks like they're from somewhere to the east of Europe, the west of America and to the general north of Australia) is quite shocking</b>, and I have not once heard ANYONE bring up the topic - apart from when they're actually <i>being</i> racist.
<br />
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;">It's nothing that you notice straight away, but the more you interact with the locals, to more <b>you notice a persistent, casual racism that seems to have become completely acceptable. The saddest thing is that I've heard it from people who I would not have expected it from - mostly Uni of Melbourne students</b> - who have, in a more general sense, turned out to be quite a bit more right-of-centre than I thought they would. I suppose that points to my own personal sin of assuming that tertiary education makes you more socially progressive, by osmosis if nothing else.
<br />
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;">Examples of the stuff that I've heard from people:
<br />
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;">"There's so many Asians at uni, they're all doing Medicine or Commerce, and they can't even speak English."
<br />
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;">The most offensive thing is that these gems get thrown around quite casually - obviously having been said so many times that they've lost any shock effect they might have carried. <b>I got into a discussion with an American guy about how Australians are generally un-PC, and yes, while Americans tend to take political correctness to its extreme, he had an excellent point. His generation in America is growing up being actively taught that racism and racial stereotyping and profiling is not acceptable; whereas, in Australia, that's left to people to work out for themselves - which sometimes works, but most of the time, people simply will not change their way of thinking unless they're actively <i>challenged</i> to do that</b>. But I suppose it that would be unastrayan.
<br />
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;">And, of course, there's the<b> brilliant Today Tonight slash 60 Minutes slash A Current Affair</b>, with segments like "<font size="5"><b>Asian immigration rates reach European immigrations rates: what can be done to stem the flow". And <i>no one reacts</i>.</b></font>&nbsp;Well, I suppose that makes sense, since we all got bored with that whole "multiculturalism" caper. Who needs Pauline Hanson when you have a lazy, apolitical and indifferent public, right?
<br />
</div>
<div style="text-align: justify;">And I cannot for the life of me figure out why gay guys (not just in Melbourne, but in most places) tend to be so persistently racist. In my book, if you've felt prejudice on your own skin, that gives you a responsibility to not perpetuate disparaging stereotypes, <i>because you know what that feels like.</i>
</div>

its shocking. we have some many great choices for migration but some subprime moron singaporeans are too stupid to know how bad australia

australia is the worst country in the world.

hee hee

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its shocking. we have some many great choices for migration but some subprime moron singaporeans are too stupid to know how bad australia

australia is the worst country in the world.

hee hee

The truth is, Melbourne is much better than the country you are currently living in, poor thing:biggrin:

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
</p>
</h3>
<br />
</div>
<br />
</div>
<br />
</div>
<br />
</div>
</div>
</div>
<br />
</div>
<br />
</div>
<br />
</div>
</div>

Only in Arsetralia!

Ptui!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only in Arsetralia!

Ptui!

Well spit! No need to be jealous. China is proud of you.

Perhaps you can stop all the American talkshows talking about frugal living, debt reduction and 401k plans.

Of course, you can't, there are too many channels in USa showing the same programmes. :biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The most important thing to know about driving in Melbourne is the "hook turn". :wink:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this happened in America there would be lawsuits.

But in Arsetralia you get this

In America, everything involves lawsuits :biggrin:

Over in Australia, we prefer to shame the offenders. There are more tolerance here - not sure if it is a good thing.

Indeed, lawsuits are more fun, as the PAP Singapore has found out. But still after lawsuits, KKK still exists, so does the bikie gangs and southern states.

If I call Obama a nigger and right away, I get lawsuit.
I call USA women bitches, there is nothing wrong. USA is male chauvinist - that, American boy, is call sexism.

Lawsuits? Ptui!

:biggrin:

ptua-logo.jpg

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's an idea. Go home or learn to drive.

When we were younger we would play a game. Everytime we pissed a wanker chink off it was ten points.

I won.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
</p>
</h3>
<br />
</div>
<br />
</div>
<br />
</div>
<br />
</div>
</div>
</div>
<br />
</div>
<br />
</div>
<br />
</div>
</div>

My god this will frighten most Singaporeans

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
My god this will frighten most Singaporeans

Isn't that why you are paid by the PAP???? See??? Its from the horses own mouth. But yeah. You are right. It would scare those Sinkees without any lumpar and they are better off rotting in Sinkeeland along with you. Seems like its a 24/7 job for you. It seems that you don't have any girlffriend, no life besides cutting and posting all these rubbish here. So I'm right. you are a loser cockroach. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: