• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Daulat Tuanku

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
It has been 5 years since i first came out here. Have seen the great strides and progress that especially Johore has made.
Friends told me about some policies that may come out here and affect folks invested or involved in properties here
and asked me to shift to KL or other states. I told them, i have already grown roots here and not just here to invest. My first
choice would still be Johor.

I am here for the long haul and not moving anywhere anytime soon.

Thinking back, it was my father-in-law who first shared with me about his experiences with the old Sultan back then and
was instrumental in assuring me that the Sultan was a just man and dispelled all my fears. He even shared with me about how
things went in 1969.

It was with that assurance that i first came out here. I was greatly saddened when the old Sultan passed away back then in
2010. It was a very sad day for my father-in-law who although having moved out to Singapore, always retained a sense of loyalty to
him.

I read with interest the exploits of the current Sultan of Johor, Sultan Ibrahim Ismail. It seems his royalty highness is pretty special.
One of the rare few who has gone through military training. He attended his BMT in Malaysia and then even to Fort Benning and Fort Bragg.

He even started a motorcycle event as well to meet his people as well as to render charity to the poor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kembara_Mahkota_Johor

I understand that he even learned in a very short span of time to drive a train, even driving out of Tanjong Pagar train station in 2011 i believe.

I have seen how Johor, especially Iskandar has grown even faster since he has taken over the helm and the fast growth of Johor under both the
government and his astute investments and leadership. Things have really moved along well and i can see the transformation all around me. I have heard my friends comment about certain aspects of politics in Malaysia but quite a few were always in praise of him.

I would like to express my gratitude to my Malaysian as well as Johorean friends who have treated me like one of them all this while. As well as to the government and the especially to his royal highness for giving my family and fellow Singaporeans a chance to stay and live here.

Echoing what my father-in-law said whenever i mentioned the Sultan of Johor, i would like to express my deep gratitude and sincerely say,
Thank you. Daulat Tuanku! Long live the king!

Status
Not open for further replies.