• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Don't worry. Singapore is a SAFE city

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" class="verdana10 padlrt8 verdana10 grey" id="stybc">Home > Latest News > Courts & Crime</td></tr> <tr> <td class="padlrt8 blue verdana10" valign="center">July 14, 2008</td> <td class="padlrt8 blue verdana10" align="right" valign="center">
storyTools.gif
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" class="padlrt8"> <!-- headline one : start --> Over $11,000 worth of cash, liquor stolen from pub <!-- headline one : end -->
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" class="georgia11 padcell8"> <!-- 7 or less paragraphs so show all paragraphs first --> <!-- story content : start --> A PUB owner closed his pub early Sunday morning and returned at 6pm later that day to find $3,100 stolen, and $8,000 worth of liquor gone. The roller shutter keyhole of his pub at Lavender Street had been tampered with.
Anyone with information can call the Police at 1800-255-0000.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
overall,SGP is still one of the most safe country in the world.
but there is a trade-off,a lot things are tightly control by the government.
but it is alright,at least we can feel safe.

birdie8819

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes it's true that overall Sillypore is still a safe and FINE city . :biggrin:

waahaa

of course it's a SAFE city. even though SAFE superstore closed down, you can still buy a SAFE all over the place - carrefour, mustafa, homefix....

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes , i agreed that singapore is one of the safest country in the world, hope it will continue to be in the future!

loafer73

Alfrescian
Loyal

controlled democratic :biggrin:

there's no such things as free lunch, therefore we pay the price in the form of 'lack of freedom' :rolleyes:

Birdtau08

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least we are safe from second hand smoke when you go pubing. I smoke and I do support this campaign.:biggrin:

As for statistics on how safe is our country... I fully agree with this concept... Low crime doesn't no crime... still safe la.:p

beary

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore if a SAFE city ????

Why there're still so many crimes around DAILY ????? Only thing is that some og the crimes out there is not in the NEWS niah . SIGH !!!

marlborotan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why there're still so many crimes around DAILY ????? Only thing is that some og the crimes out there is not in the NEWS niah . SIGH !!!

tiko 9, you here too huh? Sg no bad liao la as compare to other country man

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes , i agreed that singapore is one of the safest country in the world, low crime rate , Our police dept has done well , and they allow singaporeans to sleep in peace at night. Safe to walk home at night.

Geylang

Alfrescian
Loyal

I been live in many city, Singapore is the safer city among them.

mentos1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do agree that Singapore is a safe city to live in if you do not mind all those restrictions that we have. There will always be a sort of trade off and for me i personally do not mind these trade off for my safety.

At least, i do not have to worry too much if i walk home in the wee hours compared to some other countries. We also do not see bombs being set off too.

Being a small country has it own advantages too, security wise will be much easier to tighten and no 'horse run' for those who commit crimes. :smile:

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
indeed,SGP is very safe.
just look at our neighbouring countries and you should know.

Birdtau08

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about, can statistically be re-packaged... into making it look safe?

I believe we are safe in our day to day and we are also statistically safe as well.

Tailok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes , i agreed that singapore is one of the safest country in the world, low crime rate , Our police dept has done well , and they allow singaporeans to sleep in peace at night. Safe to walk home at night.

I have to disagree about the Police part. Our crime rate statistics are low due to our lazy Police Force. Many crime were unreported or persuaded by Police to withdraw. From what I heard, the Police performance bonuses are linked to the crime rate in the precinct. So the lesser the crime reported, the higher their bonuses.

You try to report a theft. The police instead of investigating will start to querry you on why there are no security system. No security guards... and so on. Blaming it all on you. If we have to spend so much money on all the preventions, then the credit should not go to the Police. We are spending double by having to pay for the Police salary and the security guards too. Why must they get higher bonuses for doing less work? :mad:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a lot safer than tons of countries in this world.
so we should feel lucky to live here.