• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

House moving experience SG -Jb

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
The thread for house movers went quiet in 2012. Meant especially for those who plan to put up in Jb in future. Will post these info in 3-4 parts.
Search for furniture and electrical stuff in JB - good but very costly but most were poor in quality. Bought my furniture and electrical stuff definitely cheaper than in Jb. Just moved my new furniture last week and had many anxieties in choosing the movers and cost.

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tried 4-5 movers many quotations and reqmts. Tried CHL and few others.Decided on one eventually.
Initially afraid of missing/damaged stuff and extra cost added. The movers surprised me with their carefulness and were obliging when i requested them to moved stuff to 2nd floor at no extra cost. Some movers requested extra paymt. They even advised me to unbox new fridge and washing machine and they wrapped it with cardboard at edges and plastic to pass it as used item.

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
They were punctual and came in a team of 5+1 driver. Wrapping started at 11.30 am and all loaded up by 1.00pm. In all, they moved 1 king mattress, 610 litre fridge side-side door, washing machine, 3+2 sofa , 4 bicycles and 15 carton boxes of stuff. They moved the things slowly as they were large items and my door was small. Things arrived at my house near pulai springs at 3.15pm. They were extremely patient and both my wife were pleased that everything came in one piece without a damage.

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kudos to them. Movers company - EZ MOVERS(contact person -ZAMRI - 016127773466) Cost one of the cheapest at sg$650 nett.

Things that you need to take note when choosing a reliable mover.
1. Get the person to quote at your place after seeing the stuff. No obligations.

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
2. Ensure your stuff is collected on same day and delivered on same day. Some will delay 2-3 days later to collect other homes stuff to maximise profits. Things could be mixed up or damaged.
3. Wrapped your stuff and labelled them properly numbering / which room to go would be good.
4. Buy your bubble wrap for delicate and new stuff fridge/ washing machine eg. They will wrapped it for you with the plastic wrap.

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
5. Pay a small deposit in Sg and rest after arrival.
6. Be polite and reasonable and they will be in kind. Happy sharing. Hope this will be useful.

This is the last section of my sharing. Moderator only allowed 500 characters per entry. I hope i have been helpful.

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
5. Pay a small deposit in Sg and rest after arrival.
6. Be polite and reasonable and they will be in kind. Happy sharing. Hope this will be useful.

This is the last section of my sharing. Moderator only allowed 500 characters per entry. I hope i have been helpful.

Thanks Crisanne.
Very kind of U to share.
:wink::smile::p
PSI has been dropping, enjoy yr weekend:smile:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing that Crisanne. Will certainly come in handy when I make my move eventually.

Regarding the carton boxes, I take it you packed these yourself? Were the boxes supplied by the movers? If not, where did you get them from? Thanks in advance.

ichin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kudos to them. Movers company - EZ MOVERS(contact person -ZAMRI - 016127773466) Cost one of the cheapest at sg$650 nett.

Things that you need to take note when choosing a reliable mover.
1. Get the person to quote at your place after seeing the stuff. No obligations.

Hi,
Crisanne,
I am looking for mover as well, this info comes right in time, but the contact nos. seems incorrect, you have more nos. :confused:. Able to re-confirm the contact nos. Thanks!

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

Zamri'c contact is xxx60 0127773466. xxx depends on which service provider you are using. For M1 021 , SINGTEL 019 ( I THINK) , sTARHUB 018. I hope this will help. Mention my name chris and pulai springs to zamri, he should know. Ask him to give you the truck adequate for your stuff. Bigger means more$. He is quite flexi .All the best.

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought the new giant fridge , washing machine and 3+2 sofa smelling all new and leather- no tax. Leave it to them to repack and go abt the problem. they have thier means. I paid no extra at $650 nett. I tip them for good service.

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
I purchased carton boxes frm CartonBoxRental.com at Blk 1002 Toa Payoh Industrial park#06-1457. Tel 31508026 (phone print not clear)
You can check them at website. Various sizes at different prices and tapes are sold there quite cheap. I bought 10 boxes at $2.60 each , used but of good quality. Buy more cheaper but not necessary. You could also return boxes but miserable returns .Don't bother. Buy more tapes as i used 7 rolls for 10 boxes to ensure proper packing. Happy packing.
Movers may provide boxes at $3/box

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did not pay anything beyond quotation cost . I made sure that was the condition and Zamri did the rest. I left him to use his expertise to repack and send the stuff. Trust.

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing that Crisanne. Will certainly come in handy when I make my move eventually.

Regarding the carton boxes, I take it you packed these yourself? Were the boxes supplied by the movers? If not, where did you get them from? Thanks in advance.

You can also buy bubble wrap from the place. Read message posted at 2.50pm for boxes.

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will it be taxed when bringing in electrical applicants.. especially if is brand new?

Refer to post #15. Zamri will throw original boxing of new electrical stuff . Buy bubble wrap to protect edges apart for the wrapping provided by movers. If stuff comes in original box , you might be tax.

For those with new fridges , do not turn them on immediately after moving . do it after 2-3 hours or risk damaging them. Movers may have rest them vertically( ok) or horizontally ( not good ) and transport movement may affect the motor. I think the same goes for other bulky electrical stuff. For buying new electrical stuff , you may want to check international warranty where they have repair centres in Johor/malaysia to avoid unnecessary movement. I bought electrolux as they have a big presence in JB.