• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

USA: The dreams of our founders will live on.

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama at concert: The dream of our founders will live on

* Story Highlights
* President-elect Barack Obama speaks at inaugural concert
* Obama and Vice President-elect Joe Biden visit Tomb of Unknowns
* The concert is being streamed live for free on HBO.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Inauguration revelry began Sunday afternoon as thousands of people packed the National Mall in Washington for a free concert featuring big stars.

President-elect Barack Obama addressed a roaring crowd after 90 minutes of high-energy acts such as U2, Mary J. Blige, Usher and Beyonce.

"Welcome to this celebration of American renewal," he said.

"In the course of our history, only a handful of generations have been asked to confront challenges as serious as the ones we face right now."

"I stand here today as hopeful as ever that the United States of America will endure," Obama said. "That it will prevail; that the dream of our founders will live on in our time."

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

* Story Highlights

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Inauguration revelry began Sunday afternoon as thousands of people packed the National Mall in Washington for a free concert featuring big stars.

President-elect Barack Obama addressed a roaring crowd after 90 minutes of high-energy acts such as U2, Mary J. Blige, Usher and Beyonce.

"In the course of our history, only a handful of generations have been asked to confront challenges as serious as the ones we face right now."

"I stand here today as hopeful as ever that the United States of America will endure," Obama said. "That it will prevail; that the dream of our founders will live on in our time."

Barack Obama may be the single most iconic leader to appear for 21st century America.

The US Fed govt has been impotant for the last decade because of 20th century old school politics (partisanship, corruption and buddy-nepotism) and the new low was the Bush administration - probably the worst US president the Americans have ever seen.

Let hope the Obama administration will lead the US out of its own self-inflicted injuries

busy123

Alfrescian
Loyal

* Story Highlights

In sinkeeland we got nothing to compare what

I admire this US of A very much what

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Obama promises to give American decent wages, universal healthcare and a responsible government.

But he is in denial over American debts. This debt is currently being paid by the rest of the world, esp. Middle East and Asia central banks.

Good luck to him. He only has one chance to prove himself.

God bless America!

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama promises to give American decent wages, universal healthcare and a responsible government.

But he is in denial over American debts. This debt is currently being paid by the rest of the world, esp. Middle East and Asia central banks.

Good luck to him. He only has one chance to prove himself.

God bless America!

America has created the entire world capitalist system of this modern era, if it collapses, so will every other industrialized country on earth

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
America has created the entire world capitalist system of this modern era, if it collapses, so will every other industrialized country on earth

you are correct. just look at china. if you want to see how stupid the subprime singaporeans here they are only now seeing how it has affected china and themselves.

yes they are that stupid and australia is that bad

hee hee

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The OPEC countries will not collapse because their domestic economy will continue to provide support. All those protectionism they imposed will in fact help them overcome some aspect of the crisis when the USD is no longer the reserve currency.

So far, only the US & Brits govts are in danger of defaulting.
Those OPEC & emerging economies depending on the US will suffer the most - e.g. China, Korea, Japan and Singapore.

We will look to Germany to provide a solution to this crisis.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are correct. just look at china. if you want to see how stupid the subprime singaporeans here they are only now seeing how it has affected china and themselves.

yes they are that stupid and australia is that bad

hee hee

I noticed the same thing

And Arsetralia is a ripp-off!

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal

We know this. Everyone knows this. But there is a very irriatated fellow here right now who is upset at America. Poor Neddy.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find that several people migrated out are very combative and makes me wonder as to how fruitful thier lives are.

I dont think their experiences are that positive in Australia. One is suing everone, and a colleague with contacts there inform me the stress level is very high. It has surpassed its mark for a viable Migration destination the moment it transitioned from a place to retire affordably to a high cost traffic and pollution laden nation.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The days of migration to Australia are long over I am afraid. It just does not offer the goodies it once used to. Other Countries however are still ripe, just not Australia.

Unfortunately for Singaporeans the era of cheap prices and plenty is over in Australia. Today its a rat race with very high costs to boot.