• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Europe Seafood pilgrimage

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is one of the strangest food I ever ate.

goose_barnacle_5723.jpg

Most people have their first goose barnacle in Lisbon (Portugal), I had mine in Nazare up the western coast.
Actually, I was driving down from the University at Coimbra.

It can quite tricky opening the shell and watch out in case it squirt saltwater.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hY2X24xnlOA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In this Youtube description, it cost 100 euros for 1kg.
At Nazare, it costs about 6 euros for 300gm and wash it down with a glass of vinho verde.

The video said it taste like an Australian clam called pipi. I thought it taste more like sweet lobster with a oystery texture.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The French really know how to enjoy life. They have 2 hours lunches. (Australia only half hour - how long does it take to eat sandwich lunch)

But I think this "Plateau de fruits de mer" lunch below will take 3 hours, considering how many utensils are used to dig out the flesh from the different shellfish.

Plateau_de_fruits_de_mer-3f49185af865e96ba16d3a7a47a77317.jpg

My last one in Paris is only one layer on a stand. This one looks better.
Must try on my next French seafood pilgrimage.

Dustin100

Nice topic guy.I like sea food very much.I agree with you. dear ,it also provides the vitamins to human body.When we have eaten the seafood pilgrimage.It is a really different thing of seafood.