• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Travelling in and out of Malaysia after moving

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

my unit at Fairway Suites (HH) will be ready end of year, and am thinking hard to move over.

I have kids studying in Singapore (Jurong West St 52), son in morning session and daughter in afternoon session.

My current plan is this:
Every morning, will leave HH, drop my daughter off at my parents' place, drop my son in school, and off to work myself.
Every evening, will have dinner at parents' place, and then all move back to HH.

Below are a few concerns I have, which I hope some of you can share your experience and comments.
1. How long does it take to travel from HH to Jurong West in the morning?
2. How long does it take to travel from Jurong West back to HH in the evening?
3. Are there any dates I should absolutely avoid staying in Malaysia to avoid jams?

Are there any things I might have missed out?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all,

my unit at Fairway Suites (HH) will be ready end of year, and am thinking hard to move over.

I have kids studying in Singapore (Jurong West St 52), son in morning session and daughter in afternoon session.

My current plan is this:
Every morning, will leave HH, drop my daughter off at my parents' place, drop my son in school, and off to work myself.
Every evening, will have dinner at parents' place, and then all move back to HH.

Below are a few concerns I have, which I hope some of you can share your experience and comments.
1. How long does it take to travel from HH to Jurong West in the morning?
2. How long does it take to travel from Jurong West back to HH in the evening?
3. Are there any dates I should absolutely avoid staying in Malaysia to avoid jams?

Are there any things I might have missed out?

Good plans and congrats.
1 hour to 75 mins depending on the time you leave and arrive at the causeway or 2nd link.
Avoid public holidays in both countries and be prepared to travel earlier during PH.
Mainly the days before CNY and also Qing Ming as well as major school holidays.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good plans and congrats.
1 hour to 75 mins depending on the time you leave and arrive at the causeway or 2nd link.
Avoid public holidays in both countries and be prepared to travel earlier during PH.
Mainly the days before CNY and also Qing Ming as well as major school holidays.

thank you for your reply bro wuqi!

1 hour to 75mins from HH to Jurong West at second link can be done?
How bad is the morning traffic between 5-7am at woodlands and tuas checkpoint (Singapore?)
I was expecting longer actually, thats why keep thinking how to settle the kids...

For Qing Ming, you mean coming into Singapore also jialat? or just going into Malaysia is jialat (in the morning).

I very much want to stay in HH, but have to convince my wife lay...

BTW, here are some updates on Fairway Suites:

10th March 2013
img_5853.jpg

img_5854.jpg

img_5856.jpg

img_5857.jpg

img_5859.jpg

SNSD2

Alfrescian
Loyal
thank you for your reply bro wuqi!

1 hour to 75mins from HH to Jurong West at second link can be done?
How bad is the morning traffic between 5-7am at woodlands and tuas checkpoint (Singapore?)
I was expecting longer actually, thats why keep thinking how to settle the kids

We usually leave at 5 am and cross the sg customs at about 5.55 am using the causeway. Since yours is at JW, think it is better to use second link. A neighbour who has children studying in the east leaves at 6 am and uses the 2nd link.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
We usually leave at 5 am and cross the sg customs at about 5.55 am using the causeway. Since yours is at JW, think it is better to use second link. A neighbour who has children studying in the east leaves at 6 am and uses the 2nd link.

thank you for your reply SNSD2!

in the east, leaves at 6... that is great information.

I think I will make a trip in one of these days and try out the timing myself too.

I am just worried that the kids will not have enough sleep, seeing that we have to leave home early and reach home late.
How are your kids adapting?

SNSD2

Alfrescian
Loyal
thank you for your reply SNSD2!

in the east, leaves at 6... that is great information.

I think I will make a trip in one of these days and try out the timing myself too.

I am just worried that the kids will not have enough sleep, seeing that we have to leave home early and reach home late.
How are your kids adapting?

Yes, you definitely need to try it out.

My teenage kids' schedule are hectic..so impossible for them to stay in JB -their CCAs end at 7 pm ...they only join us for the weekends ..only get to travel out with us on a Monday. Oh yes, Mondays are more crowded than usual at the causeway ...best to set off earlier.

We come in randomly on weekday nites without the kids :smile:

Neighbours' kids seem to be adapting fine. Guess , different school, different demands. Different children, different expectations.