• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

office politics

ben_cooldude

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm sure many of us faced the the same thing, one way or another, in our workplace. unless we are the boss, or the top top man, otherwise, there'll never be a "perfect" office environment.

i work in a sme with only 12 staff in the office, the boss is a good man, but he hardly gets involved in the daily matters, leaving those to the hands of 2 senior managers, one is a "slave driver" and the other a "bitch". both do not see eye-to-eye but at the presence of the boss, they appear to be the best of friends / buddies ...... and we, the lower rank, have to be watchful of their "face" in the morning to know how our day will go by ... so sad ....

had it not be the boss who's a great fella, i'd have left long time ago ......

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tats y i hold a Sales job. Go to opi in the morning and do the necessary paperworks n attend meeting if there is, then out of the opi i go.:biggrin:

hyderbaddie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tats y i hold a Sales job. Go to opi in the morning and do the necessary paperworks n attend meeting if there is, then out of the opi i go.:biggrin:

Well it does not matter what job we hold. Sometimes there are just these people around that can't bear the peace and quiet of a cordial working environment. They will then do their best to create bad vibes even if it does not benefit them. They often think that what they are doing is oblivious to others but sadly they are greatly mistaken. Just hope that karma will take care of them in the end!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i'm sure many of us faced the the same thing, one way or another, in our workplace. unless we are the boss, or the top top man, otherwise, there'll never be a "perfect" office environment.

i work in a sme with only 12 staff in the office, the boss is a good man, but he hardly gets involved in the daily matters, leaving those to the hands of 2 senior managers, one is a "slave driver" and the other a "bitch". both do not see eye-to-eye but at the presence of the boss, they appear to be the best of friends / buddies ...... and we, the lower rank, have to be watchful of their "face" in the morning to know how our day will go by ... so sad ....

had it not be the boss who's a great fella, i'd have left long time ago ......

Sounds like Thailand with the King and those good for nothing politicians.

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well it does not matter what job we hold. Sometimes there are just these people around that can't bear the peace and quiet of a cordial working environment. They will then do their best to create bad vibes even if it does not benefit them. They often think that what they are doing is oblivious to others but sadly they are greatly mistaken. Just hope that karma will take care of them in the end!

Yap bro, Karma got a set of really big wheels though slow but surely will catch up in due time.:wink:

jw5

Loyal
In a sales job, do you ever get to have sex with your customers?

amity

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know we shouldn't eat where we shit.
That's why I asked whether he has had sex with his customers, not his colleagues.
Hahaha!

if u r goot in sweet tallking, maybe can tackle the accounts gal lah....provided her look must oso can make it type.... next time chase payment oso got priority :biggrin:

if see a chio competitor sales person....can oways tell her "we are friendly competitor, no worries, we share lobang" :biggrin:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i also agreed.

in the ofc, there will be a person who is everybody fren.
why? he knows everyting in ofc and take into his advantage.
:oIo:
or a broadcaster. how? he will broadcast everyting he has done indirectly to colleagues.
hoping words can get into the boss ears.
tok like he is the only one who carry the company, the rest juz shake legs only.
:oIo:

these politics sibei sianz. but in another point of view, tis makes u a stronger person.
cuz itz a battle of wits to climb higher isnt it? if u hardworking and quiet person, ppl will step on you.

wat to do? welcome to the ofc war

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

If you want to avoid office politics, don't work in an office. :rolleyes:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also noticed that those who go around telling others he wanted to quit will never quit his jobs while everyone has resigned. I wonder why...

As for me, when I want to do something, I just do it. If I cannot do something, I will tell the boss I can't do it. Straight to the point. I believe I am confident for who I am, no mask no stress....

IceLemonT

Alfrescian
Loyal
The moment you step into the office, you are prepared to do a m&d wrestling with the pigs.

There's no way you can come out clean and smell good. Visualize yourselve as pig and drag every single soul into your ring and feed him/her with soil.

Muahahahaha, bon appétit!

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are spot on, had experience in an MNC. This chap keep on complaining about office and wanting to resign during the 70s' and till now he is still in the same company.

trojan18

Alfrescian
Loyal
whenever humans are involved, bound to have politics. In the office or at home, all the same. It is how you deal with it will affect how you feel at the end of the day.

If you really do not like it, why not look for a change. Remember, you do not owe anybody anything.... you are responsible only to yourself and family.