• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Molek/Johor Jaya

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will start by listing the pros & cons from what I have observed during my weekend stays in this area over the past 6 years:-

Pros:
1) Matured area with amenities. It's like staying in Toa Payoh, where most things (food, shopping, movies etc) are within easy reach
2) Proximity to 1st link, with EDL now up
3) New shops developing in this area (eg Sunway developments, 'Little Japan')

Cons:
1) Tends to be rather crowded, staying in JB's 'Toa Payoh'
2) Far from 2nd link, so there's no real alternative to go SG other than 1st link, esp if you work/stay in North or East of SG.
3) Far from the hyped up 'Nusajaya area'

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Bro Wuqi has made this a sticky because of the upcoming developments in the area, such as completion of 'Little Japan' and Sunway's maiden launch in July'13. Also heard from a Kuok Group sales staff that they are planning a semi-d launch after Sunway's Jul'13 launch....

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will start by listing the pros & cons from what I have observed during my weekend stays in this area over the past 6 years:-

Pros:
1) Matured area with amenities. It's like staying in Toa Payoh, where most things (food, shopping, movies etc) are within easy reach
2) Proximity to 1st link, with EDL now up
3) New shops developing in this area (eg Sunway developments, 'Little Japan')

Cons:
1) Tends to be rather crowded, staying in JB's 'Toa Payoh'
2) Far from 2nd link, so there's no real alternative to go SG other than 1st link, esp if you work/stay in North or East of SG.
3) Far from the hyped up 'Nusajaya area'

well analysis... There is no development potential at tebrau area....

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if the Straits View Residence buyers will take kindly to being called a 'dark zone'. They are an atas development leh.....

Only those specific development itself are atas but the surrounding is definitely... no decent commercials , no key major development except those isolated small atas residential. overall it does not look any atas to me...

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try out the road system from Permas using EDL and found it v convenient to go from there to ciq and to coastal highway. Can reach Nusajaya in less than 30 mins mostly highway.

Maybe when JB town improves, this place not so bad and easy for those staying at woodlanfs areas.

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
old matured place nonetheless. lots of good food and can find almost anything that one may need...charming, but need to blend in as local.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
old matured place nonetheless. lots of good food and can find almost anything that one may need...charming, but need to blend in as local.

I drive a local car and I bought a unit here 20 years back when the developer just completed the bridge. Sold it before the 100k levy put in place.

Those days the development is well planned and then taman Molek came up next door and Johor Jaya further down.

Because it is near the night entertainment circuit, so got all sorts of colourful characters.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try out the road system from Permas using EDL and found it v convenient to go from there to ciq and to coastal highway. Can reach Nusajaya in less than 30 mins mostly highway.

Maybe when JB town improves, this place not so bad and easy for those staying at woodlanfs areas.

they are many tamans which are having the same travel distance as permxs...some even shorter and even more convenience and take into the it is one of the most dark zone in JB...

It really does not have any significant selling to buy a premium house at that area...

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal

They are many places in JB sell even better food....if u ask a local, u will definitely know their impression abt permxs....

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
i go there for the japanese food. Singaporean owner :smile: this place is evolving nicely amidst development at senibong side

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
i go there for the japanese food. Singaporean owner :smile: this place is evolving nicely amidst development at senibong side

I like 二重丸 (Jap food)。阿胜乐乐 also quite gd leh. I nv see Xie Shaoguang at Permas before though he's supposed to be at the Permas chinese temple....hehe

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
二重丸 opens night only, lots of customers sittting by roadside. quite an experience. on several times, big rats can be seen running around enjoying the food dropped on the road :smile:
you try nijyumaru, it's pretty decent.

I like 二重丸 (Jap food)。阿胜乐乐 also quite gd leh. I nv see Xie Shaoguang at Permas before though he's supposed to be at the Permas chinese temple....hehe

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are many places in JB sell even better food....if u ask a local, u will definitely know their impression abt permxs....

Actually 3 years back the local was telling me that Bukit Indah is also "dark zone". Today perception changed due to the ever increasing demand by investors for units there and the surrounding developments.

Maybe things will change when the RTS rolls into town.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually 3 years back the local was telling me that Bukit Indah is also "dark zone". Today perception changed due to the ever increasing demand by investors for units there and the surrounding developments.

Maybe things will change when the RTS rolls into town.

Haha i once asked my JB cousin on where the dark & safe zones are. He thought for 2 seconds, den said there are no safe zones in JB.... That said, my experience is that the non gated & guarded compounds are more vulnerable, esp to snatch theft.

Just exercise common sense, limit the walking around, and you should be generally ok 1. Else we would have seen a tsunami of JB into SG liao, if it's really so terrible....