• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

South Germany/Switzerland.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did this 2 week trip some time back. Started in Freiburg in Southern Germany Black Forest area then made my way down to Basel at the Swiss/German border.

From there to Zurich, Lucerne and then to the Bernese Alps. Took the Jungfrau tour but did the Grindlewald by myself.

Finished this area at Interlaken.

Very nice scenery but sorry cant post any pics.

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
pictures cannot really fully expressed the grandeur of GOD's creation.

must be personally there to really feel it. tioh boh?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Did this 2 week trip some time back. Started in Freiburg in Southern Germany Black Forest area then made my way down to Basel at the Swiss/German border.

From there to Zurich, Lucerne and then to the Bernese Alps. Took the Jungfrau tour but did the Grindlewald by myself.

Why no pics brother?

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any details on how you get there?

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Took a train down from Frankfurt to Freiburg and then from then on by car for most of the self tour ( except the Jungfrau ). The drive is relatively easy on their motorways although i recall there were quite a lot of toll booths which kicked up the transport costs quite a bit.

Any details on how you get there?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Took a train down from Frankfurt to Freiburg and then from then on by car for most of the self tour ( except the Jungfrau ). The drive is relatively easy on their motorways although i recall there were quite a lot of toll booths which kicked up the transport costs quite a bit.

Danke.

In the past, I had planned to take a combination of country roads in Germany (Munich (D) to Innsbruck (A)), rail across the high Alps to St Moritz (CH), Glacier Express to Andermatt, continue to Interlaken, followed by postbus from Interlaken (Base) to Grindelwald, stopover at Kleine Scheidegg for Jungfrau, back to Kleine Scheidegg to Lauterbrunnen and back to Interlaken.

532_KARTE.jpg

Hope to make this trip one day. :smile:

Last edited:

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Danke.

In the past, I had planned to take a combination of country roads in Germany (Munich (D) to Innsbruck (A)), rail across the high Alps to St Moritz (CH), Glacier Express to Andermatt, continue to Interlaken, followed by postbus from Interlaken (Base) to Grindelwald, stopover at Kleine Scheidegg for Jungfrau, back to Kleine Scheidegg to Lauterbrunnen and back to Interlaken.

Hope to make this trip one day. :smile:

Bitte ja ja and another suggestion - if you have the time do try to make a side trip to Zermatt. With a little research these days you could get a nice little guesthaus with a good view of the Matterhorn at a reasonable price if you go before or after the peak season. Good luck.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I love Lucerne...beautiful lake cruise....

Lucerne-Attractions-Switzerland-Europe-1024x1024.jpg

chapel-bridge-lucerne.jpg

Lucerne%20Switzerland%201248067785.jpg

Lucerne%20Pan_2.jpeg

..and you have a wonderful swiss cheese fundue dinner!!!

Swiss_fondue.jpg

cheese-fondue.jpeg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did all that & more but didn't bring a camera. :o

It was my holiday & back then I didn't think anyone would be interested in my holiday pictures:smile:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
according to your bible, the universe only 6000 thousands year old, therefore the mountain would not be even there. So, dun credit millions year old creation to your god.

pictures cannot really fully expressed the grandeur of GOD's creation.

must be personally there to really feel it. tioh boh?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bitte ja ja and another suggestion - if you have the time do try to make a side trip to Zermatt. With a little research these days you could get a nice little guesthaus with a good view of the Matterhorn at a reasonable price if you go before or after the peak season. Good luck.

Thanks. I will probably take the train (Glacier Express) down to Zermatt.

I will do that, and maybe visit the Italian area with Lake Como as well.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please quote from the bible where it said 6000?

Genesis ch1,5 & 11

God gave us a “birth certificate.” For example, using a personal birth certificate, a person can calculate how old he is at any point. It is similar with the earth. Genesis 1 says that the earth was created on the first day of creation (Genesis 1:1–5). From there, we can begin to calculate the age of the earth.
Let’s do a rough calculation to show how this works. The age of the earth can be estimated by taking the first five days of creation (from earth’s creation to Adam), then following the genealogies from Adam to Abraham in Genesis 5 and 11, then adding in the time from Abraham to today.
Adam was created on day 6, so there were five days before him. If we add up the dates from Adam to Abraham, we get about 2,000 years, using the Masoretic Hebrew text of Genesis 5 and 11.3 Whether Christian or secular, most scholars would agree that Abraham lived about 2,000 B.C. (4,000 years ago).

So a simple calculation is:
5 days + ~2,000 years + ~4,000 years = ~6,000 years