• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Southern Spain

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This part of the world is quite a good place to visit especially in Spring or late September after the peak holiday season and hot summer. It offers a lot of scenery, history , traditions and good food at reasonable prices , more so now since the fall of the Euro.

The cost to travel by rail is not cheap but not too expensive either, but hotels are very reasonably priced and you can get good bargains if you search the internet

Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Rondo are interesting places and are well connected by rail.

The attractions would include flamenco dancing, bullfights ( i didnt have the heart to go for this ) and visits to the Alhambra and various other cathedrals. Many of these cathedrals are quite unique in design and architecture because of Western and Muslim influences

If you are interested and want more information please post here.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been to a few flamenco shows, but this is recommended by my wife's flamenco instructor.

http://www.cuevaslostarantos.com/en/

We opt for transport & post-show guided walk. There is also a dinner option which we did not take up.

The transport brought us up the winding roads of Granada to a series of spruced up caves where we sits on both sides of the long 'cave', and the dancers performed in the space between the audience. (no stage, see photo below)

(Tip: try to sit closer to the entrance but not too close because the band is there, but you are able to see the eye contact and gesture with the dancers waiting next to the band, and the dancers)

flamenco_granada_los_tarantos_ESPECTACULO_8.jpg

After the show, we go on a evening guided walk around the area, ending with the night view of Alhambra opposite us.

A beautiful end to the evening.

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Great posts brother Shishamo and Neddy. Wish there were more contributions like these from others :smile:

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
youth unemployment is a staggering 60%.

be-careful when you travel there.

Thanks for the info. This is more so in the bigger cities like Madrid and Barcelona. In the South the employment rate is holding quite well. In fact there are many foreign workers there mostly from North Africa eg Algeria and Morocco. The crime rate is not as high as further up North.

I gleaned this information from talking to some of the 'normal ' type workers at restaurants and sportshops so it should be fairly accurate at this type of ground level.