• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All Political Parties have failed Singaporeans

A

Alu862

All Political Parties have failed Singaporeans. Don't you agree?

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not really.. they've all been stunted before they could flourish. Like any organisation, they need to grow; go thru warts and all. How can they reach any potential if they are suppressed, deprived of good candidates because of the unconducive political climate etc.?

Take away all obstacles, and if they don't peform, then we can say they've failed S'poreans.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Only the PAP can fail all Singaporeans. They're the government. SPP and WP can only fail Potong Pasir or Hougang respectively, if they fail.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am actually surprised that there are political parties and opposition politicians in the first place.

For the amount of obstacles placed by the PAP, the high cost of nomination (world record), the tendency to make you bankrupt for the slightest possible misinterpretation, to withstand the ridiculous scrutiny of the state controlled media, I figured only a mad man will do it.

So to these guys, I take my hat off. They are a special lot. Imagine if there were none, the place would be the personal fiefdom of a few who honestly believed they were born to rule.

No they have not failed. Their presence in parliament indicates very clearly that all is not well. Imagine receiving majority of votes in an elections where control of the media is complete. That says a lot.

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For the amount of obstacles placed by the PAP ... I figured only a mad man will do it ... ... No they have not failed. Their presence in parliament indicates very clearly that all is not well. Imagine receiving majority of votes in an elections where control of the media is complete. That says a lot.

Thanks for providing this very essential perspective. It's something we should all remind ourselves everytime we feel tempted to put down an opposition politician for speaking poorly, having a poor command of english, or wearing slippers.

E-Jay