• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

By Elections - NMPs carrying the Load

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank god for Thio Li Ann and Loo Choon Yong for filing motion to have the topic discussed in Parliament.

Finally some sense.

prdsingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prof-ThioLiAnn.gif
20070301_001c.jpg

Brudder

A closet lesbian chritian fundementalist and a sentosa Island beach bum is not exactly my idea of MP replacements.

For one thing, "by-election" requires a vote, hence "election". NMPs are PAP stooges. So stop your rc, ccc sucking up of your employers

Last edited:

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prof-ThioLiAnn.gif
banner.cgi
20070301_001c.jpg

Brudder

A closet lesbian chritian fundementalist and a sentosa Island beach bum is not exactly my idea of MP replacements.

For one thing, "by-election" requires a vote, hence "election". NMPs are PAP stooges. So stop your rc, ccc sucking up of your employers

Couldn't find my reading glasses. Am I reading this correctly? Who is sucking up?:eek:

A

Alu862

Thank god for Thio Li Ann and Loo Choon Yong for filing motion to have the topic discussed in Parliament.

Finally some sense.

NMP take the lead while LTK, CST are happy where they are.

SO SAD. Division 1000000000 opposition.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Finally some sense.

Sense? I'm sensing that these are plants. What the hell has NMPs got to do with elections?

C.S.T. and L.T.K. are keeping quiet cause according to Constitution, no by-election is needed and Jurong GRC are not within their groundworks reach anyway. If they brought it up in Parliament, they'd be roundly defeated with some media bad publicity no doubt.

J.B.J. doesn't have a seat in Parliament now. He's the one challenging for a by-election. The PAP isn't going to humour or dignify him by replying to him directly. Therefore to address this, questions need to be planted. The answers are already there, of course.

Interestingly, SDP who have contested Jurong GRC in 2001, are also keeping quiet.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sense? I'm sensing that these are plants. What the hell has NMPs got to do with elections?

C.S.T. and L.T.K. are keeping quiet cause according to Constitution, no by-election is needed anyway. If they brought it up in Parliament, they'd be roundly defeated with some media bad publicity no doubt.
If you read Thio Li Ann's speech in parliament on the salary increase, it was very cutting of the government and comprehensive at that. The press did not highlight her speech.

More importantly why be in parliament if something is wrong or does not seem right even if it is entrenched in the constitution. The constitution did not materialise from heaven. The PAP has run roughshod over it.

I do not believe in the NMP scheme at all. However I was pleasantly surprised that they raised the issue when they have nothing to gain.

I think it is wrong to cast aspersions of this nature.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you read Thio Li Ann's speech in parliament on the salary increase, it was very cutting of the government and comprehensive at that. The press did not highlight her speech.

More importantly why be in parliament if something is wrong or does not seem right even if it is entrenched in the constitution. The constitution did not materialise from heaven. The PAP has run roughshod over it.

I do not believe in the NMP scheme at all. However I was pleasantly surprised that they raised the issue when they have nothing to gain.

I think it is wrong to cast aspersions of this nature.

Aspersion skeptical or even cynical, I still have to cast. The PAP can ride roughshod over the Constitution because they managed to keep most of the Opposition out of Parliament. The NMP scheme is to further convince electorate that Opposition are not necessary.

For example, Tang Liang Hong was rejected for NMP, knowing that a man like him couldn't be used as plant. Walter Woon was a much glorified NMP, now AG. His so-called tabling "private member's bill", do you really think he could do it without PAP support beforehand and afterhand?

locky2ky

Alfrescian
Loyal
<I think it is wrong to cast aspersions of this nature.>

agree, some of the nmp are really not bad like steve chia and siew kum hong

Last edited:

Man in the streets

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, it is good that some Parlimentary members challenge the by-election to carry out.

But the hope to see it happens is near impossible even the duo have their homework done. The decision will come from a few persons including the old one.

PAP parliament is just a tutorial once a while. All the PAP MPs are just displays or instruments for PAP suppoprters to vote. A few degrees with a few white shirts, they need not find a place to sweat, majority Local voters just bend for them.

If LTK or CST bring up the issue, old fuck would say they want to destroy sinkapore, that's it !

Within this harsh environment where hypocrites and political gangsters dwell , i take off my hat for LTK and CSJ surviving the baboons' turf.

I do hope PAP MPs and NMP debate and argue issues tooth and nail that affect the ground peasants--ex, healthcare , HDB pricing/COV, audit country's reserves, audit temasick, audit GIC.

What would the peasants gain from filing motion to debate by-election when we know it is a kangaroo decision?

MPs and NMP should overturn policies in the parliament sitting which are not good to the peasants.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey that chap is not Dr Loo lah, that is Ng Teng Fong's son Phili:biggrin:p
Prof-ThioLiAnn.gif
20070301_001c.jpg

Brudder

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps there is some merit to your argument. However that still does not excuse Low and Chiam from appearing to decline to raise such an important national/public issue. I believe it is not settled law whether a by-election is not required to be called and even if it is, that should not preclude an MP from raising such an issue which is clearly of national/public interest and concern.

PS. I would think your reasoning viz the NMP scheme may well generally apply to the NCMP scheme to some extent as well:wink:

Aspersion skeptical or even cynical, I still have to cast. The PAP can ride roughshod over the Constitution because they managed to keep most of the Opposition out of Parliament. The NMP scheme is to further convince electorate that Opposition are not necessary.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

For example, Tang Liang Hong was rejected for NMP, knowing that a man like him couldn't be used as plant. Walter Woon was a much glorified NMP, now AG. His so-called tabling "private member's bill", do you really think he could do it without PAP support beforehand and afterhand?
Lets assume that everyone single one of the NMP are plants. I find your reasoning not to table it as silly. Secondly By-elections is a known weak point of the PAP. More the reason to pressure them.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, it is good that some Parlimentary members challenge the by-election to carry out.

If a seat is vacated, common sense will require that people in that ward obtain a replacement to represent their needs. Unless GE is due real soon.

In politics, this is probably an easy position to defend and gives the opportunity to chalk up political mileage. It also makes the ruling government look silly.