• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Old Fart: PAPee is Division I Woh!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sure, division I pieces of wicked and greedy shit!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Important to have Div I team in Government <!--10 min-->
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
front-mm.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

To vote anything but top quality into office could lead to, among others, job losses and falling property prices, Mr Lee added. -- ST PHOTO: MUGILAN RAJASEGERAN
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"-->
SINGAPOREANS who vote opposition just for the sake of it were warned by Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew that they were risking their own fortunes.
Using a sports analogy, he reiterated the importance of ensuring a 'Division 1 team' was voted into Government.
Speaking at a National Day dinner yesterday in his Tanjong Pagar GRC, he said: 'You vote in a Div 3 Government instead of a Div 1 Government, the whole economy will subside within three, four years. Finished.'
To vote anything but top quality into office could lead to, among others, job losses and falling property prices, he added. 'We will be worse than our neighbours because our neighbours have oil and gas, palm oil and many other things...We have none of these.'
He also warned about how money politics in some countries had bled talent from ruling parties there.
Singapore had avoided this situation, he said, because it had an 'above board' Government which chose MPs carefully.
'With each election, the quality of the MPs...is renewed, and we have a leadership that is able to match the rising standards of the population.'
It was all these factors and risks, he said, that those calling for more opposition did not understand.
'They say: 'Oh let's have different parties change and be in charge of Government.' Is it that simple?
'We know that Singapore wants opposition to check the PAP. We'll find a way to have more voices inside the assembly, but not at the risk of voting in a Div 2 or 3 Government.'
Mr Lee, a founder of the People's Action Party, saved for last his thoughts on its future: 'If ever the PAP goes corrupt, weak, it's finished. You will have to look for a new team, and a new party. That will be very difficult. So just watch and make sure nothing goes wrong with the PAP.' Read also: Help for the poor: MM

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
So at last he admitted PAP is just second class?!

Shouldn't we be in premier league.:confused:

A

Alu862

Teams never stay the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was all these factors and risks, he said, that those calling for more opposition did not understand.
'They say: 'Oh let's have different parties change and be in charge of Government.' Is it that simple?
'We know that Singapore wants opposition to check the PAP. We'll find a way to have more voices inside the assembly, but not at the risk of voting in a Div 2 or 3 Government.'
==================================================================

I certainly thiink that MM is living in his own world. Whether singapore survive or not don depend on the goverment , but instead goverment depend on the people to make things happen for them.
A country has to move forward,PAP has it days before. No govement can live on by their past record.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Problem is, he has Division 3 and only he and his Div 3 team does not know it.

There he goes again using scare tactics whenever he and familee feel threatened.

bakaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Problem is, he has Division 3 and only he and his Div 3 team does not know it.

There he goes again using scare tactics whenever he and familee feel threatened.

But, surely they know they are not being paid as Division 3...
Wah..Division 3 taking home Division 1 pay..:rolleyes:.

browser32

"Old Fart: PAPee is Division I Woh"

Looks like the Old Dinosaur LEE never heard of the Premier League neither the Super League - so he has to settle for 2nd Class - the first Division.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
国以民为先, 民以家为本。

with all due respect, if the old man thinks the Government comes before the Citizens, then i think we're in trouble.

no doubts the old vanguards had done a great deal for us, as Civil Servants, they have a moral obligation and they owe it to their conviction to come forth and serve, not for reaping the benefits. paying millions to retain talents? only Sinkees are fools to believe that. real talents with the conviction to serve will even work for a meagre sum.

go on and pluck the chikus and/or rambutans without taking care of the growing tree, this tree will have nothing to offer the next season!

prdsingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then maybe doctors should be paid minimum wage since they have a moral obligation to heal.

Thanks for your SDP love story

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's outdated. Since 1993, Division One means second division. Premiership is top division. Anyway, he shouldn't be using football league analogy. He was never interested in football. In 1973 he thought that the then newly built National Stadium would be a white elephant for NDP once a year or once in a few years. He didn't even understand the crowd-pulling power of the old Malaysia Cup.

tate

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPOREANS who vote opposition just for the sake of it were warned by Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew that they were risking their own fortunes.

More like it your fortune, Mr Lee. You know, that million dollar pay check that you ripped off from the tax payers. So don't tell the people who they should vote :biggrin:

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
But, surely they know they are not being paid as Division 3...
Wah..Division 3 taking home Division 1 pay..:rolleyes:.

bakaroo,

I apologise for not noticing your response earlier. I am still trying to get use to this vBulletin. I was also guilty of this with another forummer and have apolgised to him/her, too.

They believe that they are better than Div 1 and entitled to their obscene salary and bonuses. A case of not facing up to reality.

BTW, did you read the article on Temasick at Asia Sentinel? Link is here:

http://asiasentinel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1387&Itemid=32

cheers