• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boorish Christian Behaviour @ St Andrew's Cathedral

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2213953

"Why sin at the gate before and pray inside the church after...on Christmas eve's night?"
a very hardworking friend of mine was working a partime assignment on christmas eve at st andrew cathedral. she shared with me tis shocking and depressing experience she had in dat few hours right before the 11pm christmas service starts.

without any experience in visiting st andrew for any church services,not knowing how anything function on usual days...instructions were given by the management that any cars and every cars wana enter the church on tis christmas eve's nite,has to display a "C" pass,before they're allowed to park their car inside the church compound.any cars without the "C" car pass are not allowed to park their car inside the church compound on tis particular only,which they'l be directed to park at the closest carpark,which is in capitol.

jus by working to the expectation of the management and following the exact instructions from the management who hire them...she got scolded even to the extend of being humilated by "church" goers,jus because some cars do not have the "C" pass and could not enter...this is how church goers behave? I wonder...

st andrew is a very respectable church and I always have the impression dat christians or/and catholics are very nice people,well-behaved people...cars going in for tis christmas eve's service are mostly huge and expensive cars as well which I suppose are all very respectable and very well-educated people.but to my surprise dat I was told...few examples of what kinda of "scoldings" / "humilations" she got while she was only just tryin to do her job...

a slightly more than middle aged lady as a passenger in a very expensive looking car was stopped at the gate because the car she was in doesn't have the "C" pass. she was agitated and very impatient "tis is unbelieveable,im a church member here! get rev john lim(name might be remembered wrongly but close)out here,ASK HIM OUT" etc etc...

then there's another quite elderly man in a motorcycle with plate number 9740 tried to enter without the "C" pass,therefore was stopped for less than 5mins at the gate to find out if he's allowed to enter.he got so mad and was yelling at the top of his voice, "...im ****ing going inside to pray and I'm not going inside to make love!!!"

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My neighbour is one of them. She is capable of self acting, self directing and self producing her story (without any testimony) to make her look like she is one of the elite. She even wear her beautiful gown and her husband wearing suite and tie just to go to the HDB void deck - to ballot for lift upgrading - in the hope to catch any minister sight so that they could shake hand. She also look down on other neighbours who are poor or staying smaller room flat than her. Yet she is so religious and had regular Sunday service without fail. I believe she is one of the 66.6% sinkie.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new generations nothing more than mongrel cross between two inferior adults who got no other activities during their spare time.

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your neighbour is a fool. Elites don't stay in HDBs. One look and everyone knows she is a poser.

My neighbour is one of them. She is capable of self acting, self directing and self producing her story (without any testimony) to make her look like she is one of the elite. She even wear her beautiful gown and her husband wearing suite and tie just to go to the HDB void deck - to ballot for lift upgrading - in the hope to catch any minister sight so that they could shake hand. She also look down on other neighbours who are poor or staying smaller room flat than her. Yet she is so religious and had regular Sunday service without fail. I believe she is one of the 66.6% sinkie.

U

UpYoz_olo

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2213953

then there's another quite elderly man in a motorcycle with plate number 9740 tried to enter without the "C" pass,therefore was stopped for less than 5mins at the gate to find out if he's allowed to enter.he got so mad and was yelling at the top of his voice, "...im ****ing going inside to pray and I'm not going inside to make love!!!"

:smile::smile::smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
:oIo:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't trust Christian, I would prefer Muslim.
Please don't sue me, this is my own opinion.

I am not very religious, be it Hinduism, Muslim, Christians, Buddhism, Taosim or any other religions. People used religion for many purposes. Some people used it to gain power, others to escape reality. There are those who existed to con people out of money and only far and few believe in helping the needy.

Religion is like wine, some have high alcoholic content others tend to be less. Overdose of any of these is bad for our well being. If you get drunk and cause harm to others, don't blame it on the wine

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is quite clear from the two cases that these people are not regular church-goers. This is because if St Andrews require a C-pass to enter their carpark, then they would have broadcast it over at least a few weeks in advance.

one way to know if this is true is for that person to see how many percentage of churchgoers does these 2 cases represent.

i like to thank that person for helping out in the car park and please do not remain angry over the matter (your anger is justified but please do not remain angry); this is because there is no H-pass (Holy-pass) required before a person can attend church. Thus all sorts of people walk through those gates to enjoy the Christmas celebrations.

cheers and may the Christmas peace continue

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not charge $100 per hour the car-park? this can prevent those scenes and make every one happy? Use the ERP system, so if any one felt unjust, she/he could shout at the machines.:smile:

MambaLeyla

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boorish Christian Behaviour St Andrews Cathedral

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them gives some basic information on the types of dragons and their behaviour, but little about the structure of the dragons themselves. I am referring to the question of limbs, which isnt made clear in the books.

So, how many limbs do dragons have? Four or six?

A dragon with six limbs would probably look like what people typically think of when they think of a dragon - a sort of big lizard with wings poking out of its back. However, this is anatomically impossible, and there is no such thing as a six-limbed vertebrate in nature save for mutated Chernobyl frogs. However, in the Harry Potter world, there are animals like Hippogriffs and Threstrals, which do have six limbs four legs and two wings.

On the other hand, a dragon with four limbs would be more like a reptilian bat, with the arms forming the wings. The arms might have one or two claws, but most of its fingers are long and thing to form the framework of the wing. This four-limbed dragon is much more plausible in real-world terms, and the Hungarian Horntail in the Goblet of Fire movie is portrayed like this.

Now, how many limbs do you think dragons would have? Or could some species of dragon have four limbs, while others have six?

Heres another question that Ive been pondering:

How do Chinese dragons fly?

European-style dragons traditionally have wings growing from the back, but I have yet to see any depiction of a Chinese dragon with any kind of wings at all. Furthermore, Chinese dragons are built more like snakes, but just with legs. However, many seem to be able to fly without wings, because the dragon is a magical and powerful animal.

In the world of Harry Potter, there is only one species of Chinese dragon, the Chinese Fireball, also called the Liondragon. So, how do you think Chinese dragons fly, if at all? Could the Fireball be the only flightless dragon? Or do these species actually have wings, despite every depiction of them that suggests otherwise? And if the Chinese Fireball does have wings, then does it have four limbs or six?

How do you think Dragons breath fire?

Is the fire generated magically, or is it the process of some chemical reaction? Furthermore, do dragons only shoot mere flames, or can they shoot something like napalm, which would be much more effective?

And now for some more mundane questions...

How many eggs do you think dragons lay at a time, and how often?
What roles do male and female dragons play in the raising of young?
What is the average dragon lifespan, and how quickly do dragons grow?

Anyway, those are some of my thoughts/questions about dragons in the Harry Potter universe, and Id love to hear your comments and answers.

Tim the Enchanter

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Boorish Christian Behaviour St Andrews Cathedral

By Teh Joo Lin
A BLACK car that drove into a church compound on Christmas Day allegedly hit a volunteer twice before speeding off.

The police are investigating the incident that occurred at about 10am at the Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour in Siglap, just prior to a service.

The 37-year-old church volunteer, a billing operations manager who did not want to be named, told The Straits Times: 'A lot of people were in shock when they saw it happen.'

The volunteer was helping to direct traffic entering the compound when the car rolled in.

He put up his hand to stop the car because another vehicle was reversing into a parking lot.

But instead of waiting, the 'driver just moved on and banged me in the knees', he claimed.

Shocked, and thinking the car could have bumped into him by accident, the warden hobbled over to the passenger side of the car, which had the windows wound down.

'I said: 'Excuse me, what are you trying to do?' The female passenger shouted at me: 'But you are in the way!'' he recalled.

The volunteer then walked over to the other side of the car to speak with the driver, described as a bespectacled man of about 50.

The couple are not thought to be parishioners of the church and it is not clear why they drove into the church compound.

When the volunteer's request to swop particulars was rejected, he told the driver he would take a photograph of the car with his camera phone as evidence before walking to the front of the vehicle to do so.

'Just as I was walking to the front of the car, he accelerated and knocked me,' he said.

'I fell backwards onto the bonnet.

'I was shivering, I was really trembling because I was in shock already.'

The volunteer said the car rolled forward about a metre or so before it stopped and he slid off the vehicle - feet first.

'If I hadn't got my footing right I'd have landed flat on my face or head or back,' he said.

The volunteer claimed he then went round to the driver's side, again to exchange particulars, but was told: 'You've no right to ask me for anything and I am not giving you anything.'

The driver then sped off.

Although he did not break any bones, the volunteer said he sustained swelling and bruising on his knees.

He then reported the incident to the police.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hit-and-run at church: Residents sick of rude drivers

I READ with interest and concern Wednesday's article, 'Car hits volunteer in church, then speeds off'. It does not surprise me that another incident involving people driving to or from the Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour in Siglap Hill has occurred. Long-suffering residents along this road have had to suffer, not infrequently, the antics of some impatient and inconsiderate, if not downright rude, churchgoers on their way to or from Mass.
Although the situation has improved with the introduction of volunteer traffic wardens, especially in the immediate vicinity of the church, those who live a little farther up or down the road still have to put up with churchgoers who either speed, park indiscriminately or refuse to give way to residents driving in or out of their homes.

Lest the authorities overreact and decide to draw more double yellow lines or introduce some other onerous traffic restrictions, I must hasten to point out that there is no justification to penalise residents because of just a few errant motorists. What they need to do is ensure that the motorist who hit the volunteer warden is dealt with firmly under the law. The church can help by reminding parishioners that they should practise the virtues of patience, charity and fellowship towards other fellow human beings.

Sum Lye Pheng (Mdm)

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal

plenty of non-practising christians out there.

btw, they ought to string that driver up by his 50yr old balls. they'd better have his licence plate at the very least. similar punitive punishment is necessary for his passenger.

Wonder why no one stepped in to help, and perhaps stop the car? Too shocked? Boh Chup? Balless?

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
No that flat-dwelling elite is a clown. She's probably very ugly too in real life when she takes off that makeup.

It's hard to not have affairs with younger, prettier girls if I were her husband.

vstudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't trust people who kill in the name of their God or sin like no tomorrow, thinking they will be forgiven at the end of the day as their sins have been paid for and blah blah blah....

Who else beside my family members can I trust? I guess anyone who is six feet underground....

The cynical one

_AXL_

Alfrescian
Loyal
i just cant believe it!!! religion divides!!! and i see it almost in every single post in this section... so, it is really true that religion is the worst thing that has happened to this world... look at the wars, past and present...:oIo: