• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jade Seah & Mark Richmond

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
this pair is super hilarious.....very corny.....itz really fun watching them present the olympics highlights......especially jade seah......pretty with a sense of humor.....:smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jade Seah is obviously unfamiliar with sporting terms. She keeps saying this country "win" the other country, this team "win" that team, etc. Direct translation from Singlish that sounds out of place in a pretigious sports reporting program like this.

The correct term is of course "beat". Mark Richmond should have corrected her (discreetly during break of course).

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
J

The correct term is of course "beat". Mark Richmond should have corrected her (discreetly during break of course).

She's speaking Singlish. Anyhow say also can one. Can understand means ok alredi.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
mark richmond : tried to be witty but turn out bland..

jade seah : tried to look professional but stumble and stammered all the way..

best way to see is to mute the volume..

jade seah : and a smart girl too. when not able to be witty, just cackle, as she always did in all the shows she was in. pretty? compare hong kong, taiwan first lah.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
this pair is super hilarious.....very corny.....itz really fun watching them present the olympics highlights......especially jade seah......pretty with a sense of humor.....:smile:
The whole thing is very singaporean in character and style. Reminds me of the good old days.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ramseth
The correct team is "defeated".

Step-by-step. She has come to grasp with the difference in usage of the terms "win" and "beat" first, before progressing to words with more than a syllable. Be patient. At the moment, I'd be happy to hear her say, "Argentina beat Australia one:nil," instead of "Argentina win Australia one:nil."

Last edited:

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
to me jade seah is pretty.....as 4 the way she present sports show.....she need some time to b able 2 do a better job.....though i like her cute gestures.....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mark Richmond was one of the worst sports commentator I've ever heard in SEA Games Bangkok 1995. It was clear that he got the job then because his dad is Brian Richmond. After that disastrously comic coverage, Singapore TV sports producers wisely cold storaged him for a long time. He has learned, matured and improved a lot since then, and at least can stand decently well on his own now.

Q

qoobe

jade seah is for decoration , makes the show more presentable.
mark richmond alone will be boring

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was reported in the Chinese news paper yesterday,
JS uttered the 4 letters word in prime
time TV olympics coverage.
The incident happened on Wed coverage.