• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Attached to the Hip - S'pore / China?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What has Kishore Mahbubani, Chua Lee Hoong and old man have in common?

The notion that Singapore and China are the same. All three paint the picture that we are on the same tract, fighting the same war with the West, know what is the best and etc, etc...............

Old Man first began to speak on behalf of China (self appointed here) after meeting with Deng. Deng at old man's request dismantled the CPM radio station broadcasting out of China.

As far as Chinese actions were concerned, old man had the rational, the reason and the justification for it even though, the Chinese themselves were lost at times. Only the Tianamen Square affair had him dumbfounded.

Even after he was well and truly Suzhoued with Singapore having to hand over every little investment and brick to the Chinese on what was to be a 50/50 venture, the guy is still their best apologist, PR saleman, and promoter.

Kishore since his retirement from the Civil service has started to wear the same hat and tightly at that.

Chua with her ridiculous national day article which was meticulously and comprehensively shredded to pieces by a Belgian is on the same boat as well.

Why is that. All 3 are well educated (cambridge/harvard/NUS)and well paid. As an analogy, its like Wee Cho Yaw holding press conferences on each and every move that the Bank of China makes from rights issues to renovations to their building.

My off the cuff diagnosis (after Chua's diagnosis of Chee, this should be easy) is that 2 are heading or are in the state of dementia and one is truly menopausal. The hard part is figuring out who is having what.

Any ideas?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
My off the cuff diagnosis (after Chua's diagnosis of Chee, this should be easy) is that 2 are heading or are in the state of dementia and one is truly menopausal. The hard part is figuring out who is having what.
Any ideas?

I'm no China expert. However, I believe a country that large simply can't be referred to as if it was a single unified entity so any words of wisdom from these "highly educated" elites and the elite wannabies is meaningless to begin with.

All these speeches are crafted with a political goal in mind and it appears obvious that the Singapore leadership thinks that aligning itself closely with China has long term political advantages for the majority Chinese community who live in Singapore. Of course, that translates to a much better chance of their own political survival post LKY too.

Notice I don't use the term "ethic Chinese Sinkie" anymore because this category will probably soon be a minority.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any Ideas? Can I offer just one? Papititis. A pernicious virus that evolve originally in the sick mind of the old man. It had obviously infected the other two, and they are trying to spread it first among the locals and then on to the rest of the world. It's worse than SARs and Avian Flu(H5N1).

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm no China expert. However, I believe a country that large simply can't be referred to as if it was a single unified entity so any words of wisdom from these "highly educated" elites and the elite wannabies is meaningless to begin with.

All these speeches are crafted with a political goal in mind and it appears obvious that the Singapore leadership thinks that aligning itself closely with China has long term political advantages for the majority Chinese community who live in Singapore. Of course, that translates to a much better chance of their own political survival post LKY too.

Notice I don't use the term "ethic Chinese Sinkie" anymore because this category will probably soon be a minority.

You could be right about the political survival angle.

I am not sure if these guys are aiming for China's equivalent of Congressional Medal of Honour, Keys to the city or along those lines.

If you put yourself in the shoes of a Chinese Politburo member, you would be wondering why couple of characters on a tiny island that functions economically well is polishing their apples very hard. It sounds and looks bizarre.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any Ideas? Can I offer just one? Papititis. A pernicious virus that evolve originally in the sick mind of the old man. It had obviously infected the other two, and they are trying to spread it first among the locals and then on to the rest of the world. It's worse than SARs and Avian Flu(H5N1).
You got me going there for awhile. LOL

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
You could be right about the political survival angle.

I am not sure if these guys are aiming for China's equivalent of Congressional Medal of Honour, Keys to the city or along those lines.

If you put yourself in the shoes of a Chinese Politburo member, you would be wondering why couple of characters on a tiny island that functions economically well is polishing their apples very hard. It sounds and looks bizarre.

Attached to the hip? I don't think so. That's what LKY wants to think. More to reality, a growth on the big toe.

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The chinese probably couldn't care less whether singapore is polishing its apples. They have better things to keep them amused.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The chinese probably couldn't care less whether singapore is polishing its apples. They have better things to keep them amused.

Apart than the PRC "working ladies" who have walked the streets of Singapore, I doubt if the rest of China knows of Singapore's existence.

Oh sorry... there is another group who have heard of Singapore.. those who ripped LKY off in the Suzhou fiasco.:biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
LKY's govt is a bully at home, but a cowardly wimp with a typical inferiority complex abroad.

Just a side note... The Chinese elite are from what they would consider to be far superior "stock" compared to the Chinese Singaporeans who are descendants of Southern Chinese coolies.

I doubt if they'll ever have any real respect for Singapore no matter how much apple polishing it does. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is also the possibility that old man is suffering from the same identical complex as the long time Prime Minister of Australia - Robert Menzies who flew to London at the start of World War II in the belief that People of Britain and the King would appoint him as the Prime Minister of the motherland Britain for the duration of the war.

When you are in office for so long, you will end up believing in your own bullshit.

Can you imagine his day in the sun, when the Politburo in a special session annouces that Old man will lead China as he is the only one who has consistently explained the actions and aspirations of China much better than the Chinese themselves. Illusions of Grandeur.

Last edited: