• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Poll] Your Plans about Buying JB Property & Living in JB

Your plans about buying JB property and living in JB

• Living in JB now (renting)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Living in JB now (bought)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Bought JB property already and plan to live there when property completed

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Bought JB property already and plan to rent-out first and retire there in future

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Plan to buy only when I retire in JB in future

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Plan to rent only when I retire in JB in future

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plan to buy or already bought but purely for investment and not for staying

• JB ? never consider before and most likely never will

• Total voters

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious to know the general sentiments here. This poll applies to Singaporeans & SPRs working in Sg only.

1. living in JB now (renting)
  2. living in JB now (bought)
  3. bought JB property already and plan to live there when property completed
  4. bought JB property already and plan to rent-out first (or weekend home) and retire there in future
  5. plan to buy only when I retire in JB in future
  6. plan to rent only when I retire in JB in future
  7. plan to buy or already bought JB property but purely investment and never about staying there even for retirement
  8. JB ? never consider before and most likely never will

Your vote is secret and not made public.
The poll is opened indefinitely.

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a unique case; Singaporean that is working in Malaysia 70% of the time. Rented at HH for 1yr and just bought a unit there to live. Looking to purchase another unit in the near future for investment purpose. Thus I voted for option 2 :smile:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought a unit.
Planning to sell or rent (depending on market condition) upon completion.
If the financial return is not good enough, I will most likely stay or leave it empty.

I think quite a lot of investor has mentality like mine.
I voted for option 4.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Option 4 includes 'or weekend home' in your post but it's not stated in the poll itself. My choice is Option 4 - For both weekend stay and renting out.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Option 4 includes 'or weekend home' in your post but it's not stated in the poll itself. My choice is Option 4 - For both weekend stay and renting out.

There should be about 100 forumers who already bought JB properties. And many more should be still considering.
Hmm...only 21 responses. There's also about the same number of responses for the other poll by Sam and Wuqi.
Come on, just clicking a button ...:smile:

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
mine is option 2, enjoying the best of both worlds and wait till retirement to grow vegies and tour the countryside.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
How abt buying a property there, and plan to use it for a weekend home only till retirement?

Would it come under option 2 or 3?

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
How abt buying a property there, and plan to use it for a weekend home only till retirement?

Would it come under option 2 or 3?

That is actually Option 4.

Staying there only during weekends does not fall under the definition of 'living there' in this context. Maybe option 1-3 is applicable if one is (or going to be) considered a Malaysian resident (i.e. staying there more than 182 days per year).

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is actually Option 4.

Staying there only during weekends does not fall under the definition of 'living there' in this context. Maybe option 1-3 is applicable if one is (or going to be) considered a Malaysian resident (i.e. staying there more than 182 days per year).

Option 4 is: plan to rent out first n retire in future leh..... In this case, I think there is a need for an option to:- Use the JB property as a weekend home till retirement age. In truth, that's what many Singaporeans are doing in places such as Setia Tropika for instance......

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Option 4 is: plan to rent out first n retire in future leh..... In this case, I think there is a need for an option to:- Use the JB property as a weekend home till retirement age. In truth, that's what many Singaporeans are doing in places such as Setia Tropika for instance......
I cannot...or dunno how to edit the poll question at the top leh.
But my first post indicates that Option 4 is for renting out (or as weekend home) till retire age when you retire there.

Maybe one option I didn't include is when one only uses it as a weekend home and never intending to live in there even when retired. In this case, use Option 7 lah.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cannot...or dunno how to edit the poll question at the top leh.
But my first post indicates that Option 4 is for renting out (or as weekend home) till retire age when you retire there.

Maybe one option I didn't include is when one only uses it as a weekend home and never intending to live in there even when retired. In this case, use Option 7 lah.

Sorry I din c your first post. Was only looking at the poll. I will vote then for option 4. Cheers.

Wonderer78

Bought a property, but intent to keep as weekend home and as retirement home when retiring.....
Any option to choose???:*:

tegamanap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I’m planning to buy a property for retirement basis. I regularly browse through the Johor condos on property guru… and find lovely houses… only my budget is the restrain factor for purchasing the condo… but I’m sure to buy one in the near future.