• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fishing ponds/places in JB

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi folks,

Just wondering where I can go for fishing in JB area. Pond fishing is fine or better if there is lobang for boat to go out to fish.

Thks!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi folks,

Just wondering where I can go for fishing in JB area. Pond fishing is fine or better if there is lobang for boat to go out to fish.

Thks!

We have posted about this before but sure some quick places:

1. Fishing pond x 2 - Very near Taman Laguna - Its opposite some shophouses and near some condos
2. Under Tuas 2nd link bridge - Boats will bring you from the jetty in Gelang Patah. - Mainly tamban fishing and occasional seabass
3. More to come but it will start to get costly. (Option 1-2 costs you typically less than 60 RM per pax for a whole day)

On the way to Perling, there is a Sutera Utama, turn right in and go right to the end, lots of natives selling worms for fishing.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw many locals fish at the coast beside the coastal highway outside HH toward Marlborough College.
In Singapore, it is $60 for 2-3 hr at pasir ris..

We have posted about this before but sure some quick places:

1. Fishing pond x 2 - Very near Taman Laguna - Its opposite some shophouses and near some condos
2. Under Tuas 2nd link bridge - Boats will bring you from the jetty in Gelang Patah. - Mainly tamban fishing and occasional seabass
3. More to come but it will start to get costly. (Option 1-2 costs you typically less than 60 RM per pax for a whole day)

On the way to Perling, there is a Sutera Utama, turn right in and go right to the end, lots of natives selling worms for fishing.

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great info.

I will go give the ponds a try first. See how the results.

Any more spots or lobangs would be most appreciated. Would be nice to have a small boat to just drive out and fish and put down a net. There seems to be a prawn or fish farm on the right side of the 2nd LInk bridge if you are driving into Malaysia. Any one tried buying prawns or fish from them?

Cheers

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Saw many locals fish at the coast beside the coastal highway outside HH toward Marlborough College.
In Singapore, it is $60 for 2-3 hr at pasir ris..

Yes, that is a good spot. :wink:
Some of the cars with JB plates there may actually belong to holders of pink IC, ahem.
Yes fishing is really good here and much more reasonable.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Great info.

I will go give the ponds a try first. See how the results.

Any more spots or lobangs would be most appreciated. Would be nice to have a small boat to just drive out and fish and put down a net. There seems to be a prawn or fish farm on the right side of the 2nd LInk bridge if you are driving into Malaysia. Any one tried buying prawns or fish from them?

Cheers

Sure, best wishes. They have regular competition at the ponds as well. One time, saw one at least 8-10kg being landed, impressive.
You can actually go to the restaurants on the ends of a jetty at Taman Laguna area at about 8am. Wait for the orang aslis to sell
their daily catch via motorised boats. You can still get large crabs for 10Rm.

Boat wise, easy. Near the Danga island there is actually an Orang asli village where they have lots of fishing boats. Gelang Patah has
a small jetty which is also near to another native settlement, they have regular boats there to take one the Tuas bridge or to deeper
areas for fishing. Do go in a group though as it is cheaper. Else if budget permits, charter a boat from Puteri Harbour and let them bring
you around. :smile:

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

I think i was blur....I took the Coastal Highway to Taman Laguna but couldn't find the fishing ponds. However, I did find Taman Laguna and met an army buddy who bought a corner terrace. Had a good catch up with him and his home is huge and beautiful. Very nice environment in the Taman. Cool and breezy. Very good value for money I believe. He mentioned new bungalow n semi D lots in next phase.

Bro DOA, I think you have made an excellent choice. When I let Taman Laguna at 430pm yesterday, I still managed to pick up my wife at Bugis at 530pm. No, I did not speed above limit at all. There are lots of TP both in JB and Tuas. Esp one on the bridge just before/after the Spore customs.

Hope the find the ponds again the next time. Maybe I cant use the Coastal Highway. Anyway, it was a very good day yesterday!

Cheers

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro. Laguna is only a few minutes away by car from HH etc. So just need to add a few more minutes on top of the traveling time that many folks have reported from HH/BI.

The surrounding is still bare at the moment but I hope much more exciting developments will come up very soon. Cheers

Sorry Cant be much help on your enquiries as I have never looked into these fishing locations before

Hi Wuqi,

I think i was blur....I took the Coastal Highway to Taman Laguna but couldn't find the fishing ponds. However, I did find Taman Laguna and met an army buddy who bought a corner terrace. Had a good catch up with him and his home is huge and beautiful. Very nice environment in the Taman. Cool and breezy. Very good value for money I believe. He mentioned new bungalow n semi D lots in next phase.

Bro DOA, I think you have made an excellent choice. When I let Taman Laguna at 430pm yesterday, I still managed to pick up my wife at Bugis at 530pm. No, I did not speed above limit at all. There are lots of TP both in JB and Tuas. Esp one on the bridge just before/after the Spore customs.

Hope the find the ponds again the next time. Maybe I cant use the Coastal Highway. Anyway, it was a very good day yesterday!

Cheers

Polymin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking for kaki to go kayak fishing with and place to launch. Puteri Harbor mgmt wasn't interested to have me launched from their harbor for a small fee. It's the nearest to launch for me.

Other place to launch is jetty at sungai pendas, sg melayu. Gelang patah river is a long way to sea but maybe worthwhile fishing in the estuary.

Took some photos of the Jetty at sg pendas. Will post it up on my blog next week.

Thanks all for your sharing

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm...nvr tried kayak fishing but fishing in the river could be interesting...prob catfish? I hv no kayak but interested to hear from u how it goes. Still looking for fishing spots in Nusajaya area.

Yr hv a great blog, do update. Cheers!

Looking for kaki to go kayak fishing with and place to launch. Puteri Harbor mgmt wasn't interested to have me launched from their harbor for a small fee. It's the nearest to launch for me.

Other place to launch is jetty at sungai pendas, sg melayu. Gelang patah river is a long way to sea but maybe worthwhile fishing in the estuary.

Took some photos of the Jetty at sg pendas. Will post it up on my blog next week.

Thanks all for your sharing

Polymin

Alfrescian
Loyal
To share further information, TCE tackle open a new shop at Bukit Indah near the Causeway Link bus station. I usually get my replenishment from JD Artac in Perling. There's also a tackle shop in Gelang Patah who is also the owner of the aquarium shop next door.

So far I have only been fishing at a nearby lake. Mostly toman and always release it to fight another day. I will try test my kayak end of this month after fixing the fishfinder. Fishing is fun but fishing form a kayak is even more exciting.

Sg pendas and sg melayu are fresh mix saltwater(brackish waters??), so should be able to get more than catfish. snapper, mangrove jack, ..etc

Downside of kayak fishing is that you are not suppose to go alone (safety reasons). Nevertheless, I'm going to get kayakers from SG to join and hope to fish in late July or early August.

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
To share further information, TCE tackle open a new shop at Bukit Indah near the Causeway Link bus station. I usually get my replenishment from JD Artac in Perling. There's also a tackle shop in Gelang Patah who is also the owner of the aquarium shop next door.

So far I have only been fishing at a nearby lake. Mostly toman and always release it to fight another day. I will try test my kayak end of this month after fixing the fishfinder. Fishing is fun but fishing form a kayak is even more exciting.

Sg pendas and sg melayu are fresh mix saltwater(brackish waters??), so should be able to get more than catfish. snapper, mangrove jack, ..etc

Downside of kayak fishing is that you are not suppose to go alone (safety reasons). Nevertheless, I'm going to get kayakers from SG to join and hope to fish in late July or early August.

Wow! Now I am very keen. Fished tomans before. Great fight. Unfortunately now hard to get in sg. I will pm u for more details regarding where is the lake. :smile:

Cheers

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
A bro here knows where are all the good spots. He fished toman before in 2-3 foot of water yet it gave a very good fight. This is a good place for folks keen on fishing.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A bro here knows where are all the good spots. He fished toman before in 2-3 foot of water yet it gave a very good fight. This is a good place for folks keen on fishing.

Malaysia is a good place to retire.. Fishing is fun and also great stress reliever when you have all the time.. Moreover when one retire, one can eat all he fish.. thus.. save money... moreover can grow vegie in the garden... again.. can make money last longer..

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi wuqi, pm me the learned bro who knows all the fishing spots. :smile:

Looks like i need to buy better gear to hunt toman. Hehe.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah getting further and further.. Buying a kelong there?

Has anyone ever fished in sungei rengit near desaru? Its facing pulau tekong and very quiet during weekdays. I heard from my friends that lobsters and crabs are common and easy to catch here

Polymin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah getting further and further.. Buying a kelong there?

Doesn't the new highway reduce the distance significantly? Some kayakers have fished from sg Sebina ( Sebana cove). Thanks for the info and will add that to destination to fish when I run out of place to wish on the west side

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Actually if one doesn't mind the distance, Desaru and Kulai are actually good to consider too for property purchases. Infact with the new highway (E22), its very fast to reach Desaru. Semi-Ds there are still about 400 plus to 500k.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go Kart: Plentong Karting Circuit.
Quite ulu place, u have to drive through the rubber plantation.. better to go in group.

Last edited: