• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sharing your personal experience commuting/living in JB, Johore and MY at large

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
[FR] My 2nd day staying in JB and working in Singapore...

First day via first link, the jam was bad..
left home at 6:15am..
not too sure how to avoid perling toll and go via danga teruk.. so i was slower and usual..

stuck at traffic for around 1 hr reach office at 8:20am..

2nd dat was today.. first link as well, i do not want to spend for toll charges at 2nd link..
left at 6:15am as well..
Reach office at 7:30am.. i think school holiday, traffic was better than usual..

that is all for my field report..

so tired !! :*::*::*:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: [FR] My 2nd day staying in JB and working in Singapore...

not too sure how to avoid perling toll and go via danga teruk.. so i was slower and usual..

2nd dat was today.. first link as well, i do not want to spend for toll charges at 2nd link..
Reach office at 7:30am.. i think school holiday, traffic was better than usual..

when u come out from HH main gate , turn right to coastal highway , all the way till u will see danga shopping on your left and turn left and go straight will lead to first link . very simple ...

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

The school holiday traffic is worst than normal.. Use coastal highway..

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro where is the weekday jam? Is it at the SG side or the JB side? So far for the past few years, I have travelled back to SG via causeway on Sundays, and can clear both customs in under 1 hour, 90% of the time.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

The school holiday traffic is worst than normal.. Use coastal highway..

From HH, i turned right, then i keep left..

am i right?

if i dont do that, i saw myself leading to Nusajaya and Kota Iskandar...

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

no going home f r ? ...

I am going back from 1st link at 6pm..
jammed lor.. sianz.. around 40 mins jammed i guessed, jam start before the flyover bridge..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

From HH, turn right and keep left is correct. however you must look for the Denga bay sign (orange colour) at the junction near Tune hotel.. Don't go towards Woodland, take the Denga Bay route first.. then you will drive pass Denga bay and follow the route all the way to Singapore.. (Here you will see another sign towards woodland.. you can take that or just keep going straight until you see another sign to woodland...

It seeemd that no matter how you drive, you can still hit woodland...

From HH, i turned right, then i keep left..

am i right?

if i dont do that, i saw myself leading to Nusajaya and Kota Iskandar...

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

From HH, turn right and keep left is correct. however you must look for the Denga bay sign (orange colour) at the junction near Tune hotel.. Don't go towards Woodland, take the Denga Bay route first.. then you will drive pass Denga bay and follow the route all the way to Singapore.. (Here you will see another sign towards woodland.. you can take that or just keep going straight until you see another sign to woodland...

It seeemd that no matter how you drive, you can still hit woodland...

oh noted. I dunno if i am taking the right route.. my GPS do not have such route for the shortest and fastest.. .. :(:(

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

Leave home at 6:15am , reach office at 7:30am..

via first link from HH..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Congratulations. Next time try to reach office within an hour... or less during non peak..via first link.

via first link from HH..

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Will be very tired to travel via first link :smile:
May i know your office location?

For me i price in the toll charges at 2nd link, hence that needs to be deducted out of actual savings.
If you get too tired then it is not feasible in the long term.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, think 75 mins is still considered reasonable. When you did your trial run last time, what was the fastest clearance time you clocked?

via first link from HH..

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

my other sinkie neighbor had asked me to travel via 2nd link instead of first as the jammed and the amount of queue cutting and the other car scratching against your car isnt worth it..

today, i woke up at 6:45am, leave home at 7:10am. Reach office at 8:00am.

Travlled via 2nd link..

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

Will be very tired to travel via first link :smile:
May i know your office location?

For me i price in the toll charges at 2nd link, hence that needs to be deducted out of actual savings.
If you get too tired then it is not feasible in the long term.

my work place location is at clementi..

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually 50mins door to door sounds very doable. Suspect the traffic from Spore customs to clementi might be abt 20-30min. Great info. Thks

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

my other sinkie neighbor had asked me to travel via 2nd link instead of first as the jammed and the amount of queue cutting and the other car scratching against your car isnt worth it..

today, i woke up at 6:45am, leave home at 7:10am. Reach office at 8:00am.

Travlled via 2nd link..

So do you find it worthwhile to pay the $20 daily or $400 monthly? For me i cost it into the overall cost of living. When you calculate the savings in living in JB, you should bump it up by $400 a month for the tolls. Otherwise if it is too tiring you will give up after a while.

For 3 years i used second link... and i drive to Bedok... you Clementi is much nearer!!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

For those staying at Nusa Idaman this is the time breakdown:

20 mins - NI to petrol kiosk before toll at second link (including daily petrol pump)
20 mins - cross both immigration and the link

ie total about 40 minutes to get into Singapore. Of course you can always drive faster and make the journey 30 mins :smile:

There are occasional hickup or freak jams... otherwise normal time to cross the 2 links (20 mins) at most extend by another 30 mins.

Good to see you guys "initiating" yourselves through the rites.

westcoastbay

Alfrescian
Loyal

For 3 years i used second link... and i drive to Bedok... you Clementi is much nearer!!

I am pretty amazed. From Clementi to Bedok, I already think it is far.

I guess the pampered Singaporean attitude in me kicked in again.